Ye Un Dino Ki Baat Hai

To watch or not to watch - that is the question

smiley_lizi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago
In this regard, I would like to quote some from Albus Dumbledore of Harry Potter,

"Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it. -Dumbledore

Some comments in the forum today made me depressed and some comments later made me recover of that. Like that some spoilers and comments of people are depressing the mood of the show, inflicting injury to the show. Whereas the show is going in its right pace.

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light. - Dumbledore

The current track makes us sad, but in view of the quote I'd say that you can find the minute moments of happiness in the episodes if you know how to focus light on that. The show will have its ups and downs. The showmakers do have some lackings that we must admit, but those can be ignored for other big details they are offering to us. I know Dadi seems not natural as we have not faced such people, but can you deny cunning people does not exist in this world.  Sameer going  with these boys seems unnatural to you. But did you not notice how many boys of good family goes astray due to lack of parents guidance and ignorance, when they have perfect looking family actually. If you do not watch the episode then how will you feel these problems faced by him and the consequences on him.

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends.- Dumbledore

Sameer has not yet reached at that stage and will eventually stand up to his own friends, which will be worth watching.

"Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget, what it was to be young.- Dumbledore

Elder Sameer remembers his wrongdoings and is guilty of that fact, isn't it enough for us to know that the show has its direction right and heading towards that.

Lastly its your choice- whether you'll watch the show or not!

I'll finish my rant with this quote
"No matter what you're going through, there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it may seem hard to get to it but you can do it and just keep working towards it and you'll find the positive side of things.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ishh.. thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Agree with your post...
"No matter how hard you try . You cannot rid of darkness because it does not exist. It is nothing but the absence of light. In order to effect darkness. You must do something with light, because the light is the only thing that actually exists.-TEAL

This remind me of current situation...naina is sameer's light and this darkness is because of absence of light.

MSK04 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Thank you for this post Laizu... and you have chosen the apt quotes and described well... ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

I do understand that sometimes it is difficult to see a track, but I do not agree to skipping episodes somehow... How would you know what is happening is future, if you do not have any visibility of past.

I would like add one more point to what Laizu has already written...

"Indifference and neglect often do more damage than outright dislike" - Albus Dumbledore

Sameer grew up and matured a lot in Ahmedabad especially when he was doing his stint in Agarwal house... But there he only faced outright dislike, especially from Rakesh. In Delhi he is a victim of indifference and neglect.. and kids, especially teenagers tend to venture down wrong paths just so that they can gain some attention from their family. Sameer craves for attention and care, which he is not finding here. A simple touch, a concerned guidance is more effective for him and the people who can provide this are not with him at the moment.

Don't let a few unexpected twists get you down... The VO of both Sameer and Naina clearly imply of the future... Let that be the anchor for you to sail through these episodes. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by moumita04 - 6 years ago
braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
A very nicely written post Laizu๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Although I haven't seen yesterdays episode as i was on duty but seriously we shouldn't miss the episodes as we won't be able to connect with what happens later๐Ÿ˜Š
The show is bound to have its ups and downs๐Ÿ˜Š
Despite having so many bloopers still it continues to be the best on TV at present๐Ÿ˜Š

no show is even close to the nostalgia that this show has with it๐Ÿ˜Š
Ross11 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Very well written post.
Though I am disappointed with the current track, not because of Daadi or Mawali track but due to execution of it still not given up on the show.

" When things falling apart they may actually be falling into place".

Remembering Main Azaad Hun movie dialogue of Shabana Azmi " Raat us waqt bahot Kaali Hoti hai jab Subha hone wali ho"

Hope in YUDKBH, it would be dawn soon.
Niakhush thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Bang on post laizu...and with the most appropriate quotes...from the most appropriate character I must say!!!

u hv said it correctly it is we who must see the light...after every dark there is a light...it is just upto us when we want to switch into light!!!

I agree the show is going through a rough phase...bt that does nt mean show is going wrong...I someone's post today nly i mentioned that show is just sticking to its realistic approach...along with every other thing in our show...dint we appreciate the realistic approach the most...that approach always got us connected to the show...and this is real...we have cunning ppl like dadi...we even after having the best parenting may go wrong sometimes...then sameer was never parented...infact he now sees the way his own mother has parented his step brother...that hurts him...n after that he takin this step is nt wrong...hw cn he b in his senses after what all he notices at somani's place...bt as u said...elder VO gives us the hint that this is a phase which will also pass...we just need to b patient and on our torches in case of dark!!!

This was the most needed post laizu...no matter what m nt quitting our show?!!!
ruchi3179 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Watching has become my habit this track is not being liked by me because it looks forced to me. But I will watch because of exceptional chemistry and acting specially leads.but highly dis appointed with dadi characterisation and the actress.there is no expressions in her face 
bitblue thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
My brain says stop watching this but i know my heart will sure want to watch. Sure will watch but interest level is way down...will read LU first so i know where to fast forward online... I dont live in India so i guess my turning on TV will not help TRP๐Ÿ˜†
Ankita.jaiswal thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lovely post laizu ...your reflections on everyday episodes are certainly a breather. We appreciate the effort and the pain that you take on creating such insightful posts...never be disheartened due to lack of comments...
Using dumledore's quote is so  apt..I would like to quote certain lines :
" Lead kindly light amidst the encircling gloom...lead thou me on
    The night is dark and I m far from home...lead thou me on "
This applies to  sameer...
jhalak7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
My situation was like "to watch or not to watch till sunday" ...but after yesterday's episode and precap...I am not so upset. I mean I will watch. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Positive part of yesterday was how Naina a girl stopped the fight of Mundit.
On the other side the negative part was how a boy made a argument in to a future "Riot"
I'm a girl...so well done Naina.๐Ÿ‘
Bobby will slap Sameer today and he deserves that. Any father would do that. Just imagine what blunder he had committed by his stupidity. At first he made friends with those he doesn't know. He saw they are bad. Still he went with them again. Anyone will slap if he does this kind of stupidity. Next he made an enemy who may cause more harm to him and the Somani family. Any amount of slap is well deserved for him. I know cruel parents of 90s. ๐Ÿ˜ญ ๐Ÿ˜† They used to beat mercilessly. ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Nanaji would also do that. For the first time I am with Dadi and Bobby. They are absolutely right. The way Dadi made Deepika draw the picture...I must support that. I guess she would do the same if Rohan was there. Although I don't know if this was her plan or not. But even if it is her plan...still Sameer had the key in his hand. He could say no. No one forced him.
So I will watch Sameer getting slap tonight! He deserves that. This will be lifetime lesson for his stupidity.