Naamkarann

Review of today's episode (Contains spoilers)

nlisa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
I just finished watching today's episode ( and apparently Hotstar edited another song sequence out? Urgh. Someone please upload the song sequence? ) 
I wanted to make my comments on the episode while it's still fresh in my mind. 

Good things of today's episodes: 
  • Highlight of the episode for me was Avni letting it slip how she feels about Neil- "Sayesha will find herself a loving Neil, like I found one." It was something she said while she was passionately arguing and the truth just fell out of her mouth. Of course, the camera pans towards Neil's face and Zain Imam just nails the expression. He's utter perfection as Neil Khanna. 
  • Neil and Avni's screen space was bigger today: we got to see Neil interacting with KK and the Khanna family. And same for Avni as well. 
  • I liked the one side conversation between Neil and Avni. Avni stopping Neil and the camera focusing on Neil's clenched fist, with the MS was poignant. His anger and his love reflected perfectly in that shot. The cinematography there was on point. 👏
  • Avni stating point blank that she will NOT adopt Sayesha was the voice of the fandom today. Words that we, as fans of AvNeil and dislikers ( I won't say haters. Lol) of Sayesha, wanted and needed to hear. 

Things that I didn't like much:

• Avni repeated twice that she loved Sayesha more than her own child. I'm sorry the dialogues were completely wrong there. I cringed both times. Avni, you cannot be making this comparison considering that you don't have a child. Yes, I understand the emotion behind the dialogues- she loves Sayesha like she was her own child. There's a big difference there. 
  • Sayesha/Payal: I hated every single minute of her screen space. I've been repeatedly saying this but this girl needs to go to acting school. Her expressions were painful to watch. Her dialogues were terrible. " True love"- Girl, you would not know true love if it bit you in the face. The way she was arguing with Avni. I really hated that Neil stopped Avni from slapping her, because let's face it, Sayesha deserves a slap and the fandom would have been over the moon. 
    • To be fair, I understand why she's being give the screen space. She's being portrayed as an emotional brat who doesn't understand love, and she will be in for a rude awakening soon when she realizes that KK is no Neil Khanna ( of course, I have to use him as a comparison here. Neil Khanna is perfect). KK is a spineless man who will never support Sayesha. And yes, he will be the Ashish Mehta of this generation 
Final point before I end this: 
  • Neil's chuppee is very interesting to me. Neil hasn't said much in today's episode ( Whatever he did say thought was very impactful. Quality over quantity!). I'm not sure why but I have a feeling that Neil bringing the adoption matter to the attention of Avni and the rest of the Khannas was purposeful. That he was trying to rile Avni up and he definitely did. Once he mentioned the adoption thing, he went all quiet and Avni raged. I'm of the opinion that Neil has something else going in his mind ( my theory is that he wants to bring Avni back, and put Neilanjana in the past) and this will only be visible to us, viewers the more we watch. 
So, let's keep watching NK. Let's show our support for the show, even if we can't stand Sayesha/Payal. Let's remember that Payal is a SUPPORTING actor and her teenage pregnancy track will be the driving force to bringing our Avni back ( even if I have my doubts about Payal's ability to do justice to this sensitive track). 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vaish_patel thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Totally agree with all of your points. Just wanted to add some tidbits that I liked:
1. Sunheri yelling at Sayesha - it's about time someone was firm with her instead of treating that spoilt brat with love. Sometimes you have to be strict.
2. The almost slap - Sayesha said a lot of things but Avni raised her hand when she pointed fingers at Avni's love for Neil. It shows that Avni can tolerate everything except anything against her and Neil's love.

As for Neil's "chuppee", I think he's thinking. He knows that there's more to the story. He's also not one to react first so I guess his silence is due to that.

Lovely reading your post 😳
+1 @nlisa and vaish...great analysis. Echoed my exact thoughts. 
nlisa thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: vaish_patel

Totally agree with all of your points. Just wanted to add some tidbits that I liked:
1. Sunheri yelling at Sayesha - it's about time someone was firm with her instead of treating that spoilt brat with love. Sometimes you have to be strict.
2. The almost slap - Sayesha said a lot of things but Avni raised her hand when she pointed fingers at Avni's love for Neil. It shows that Avni can tolerate everything except anything against her and Neil's love.

As for Neil's "chuppee", I think he's thinking. He knows that there's more to the story. He's also not one to react first so I guess his silence is due to that.

Lovely reading your post 😳

You're absolutely correct. I realized that I missed Sunheri's screen time in my review. I loved how she said to Sayesha " I saw the misery Avni went through..." in front of Bebe and Shweta. I hope the two Khanna ladies will get the down low from Sunehri. I know Sunehri no longer wants to keep quiet. 

Avni can listen to anything but not to the insult of her love for Neil or for Neil himself. 

Neil definitely has something up his sleeve, and I can't wait to see what that it. 
vaish_patel thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: nlisa

You're absolutely correct. I realized that I missed Sunheri's screen time in my review. I loved how she said to Sayesha " I saw the misery Avni went through..." in front of Bebe and Shweta. I hope the two Khanna ladies will get the down low from Sunehri. I know Sunehri no longer wants to keep quiet.

Avni can listen to anything but not to the insult of her love for Neil or for Neil himself.

Neil definitely has something up his sleeve, and I can't wait to see what that it.

Another thing: the whole Neil getting arrested thing - could that be because Avni was trying to leave? Could it be that this was one way to get her to stay without outright asking her to?
flora212 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
AvNeil parts gave lots of feels as usual...but this Sayesha...her presence kinds of kills all the interest ! And yes I didn't like that dialogue of Avni...honestly that loving Saysha more than her own child was utter crap and unnecessary . This wasn't needed to describe the relation of Avni & Sayesha. What is so much obsession of Avni with Sayesha!
nlisa thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: vaish_patel

Another thing: the whole Neil getting arrested thing - could that be because Avni was trying to leave? Could it be that this was one way to get her to stay without outright asking her to?

I'm not sure because it was Kamini who leaked the news to the press. Not Neil. I think he knew it was only a matter of time that the truth would come out, that's why he spoke to the lawyer before leaving Sukhoon House. 

Definitely is a plus point that Avni cannot leave Khanna Mansion now. 
nlisa thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: flora212

AvNeil parts gave lots of feels as usual...but this Sayesha...her presence kinds of kills all the interest ! And yes I didn't like that dialogue of Avni...honestly that loving Saysha more than her own child was utter crap and unnecessary . This wasn't needed to describe the relation of Avni & Sayesha. What is so much obsession of Avni with Sayesha!

I think it's because they are trying to portray that Avni sees herself in Sayesha. First because she's an illegitimate child as well. And then it drove the nail further when she saw how VP was treating Mishti. And then to top it all off, they thought it was Neil's child when they first met her, so they tried to bond extremely well with her.

flora212 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: nlisa

I think it's because they are trying to portray that Avni sees herself in Sayesha. First because she's an illegitimate child as well. And then it drove the nail further when she saw how VP was treating Mishti. And then to top it all off, they thought it was Neil's child when they first met her, so they tried to bond extremely well with her.

whatever the bonding is comparison with her own child is not acceptable . And more over she doesn't have a kid yet...this dialogue could have been removed 
BB_CallmeC thumbnail
I think there is a message hidden in Avni's and Saesha's conversation!!
Avni thinks she doesn't need a certificate or papers to describe her love of Saesha. She loves Saesha like Neela loved Avni! Thats it!