Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Saroj Khan, N Chandra to take action against Jacqueline Fernandez

ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Saroj Khan, N Chandra to take action against Jacqueline Fernandez's Ek Do Teen'

BySubhash K. Jha
Mar 21, 2018 - 3:20 pm IST

The redoubtable N Chandra may be lying low these days. But during the 1970s and 80s his cinema like Ankush, Pratighaat, Tezaab and Narasimha roared like a lion at the box office. Last week N. Chandra woke up to the sobering news of Jacqueline Fernandez re-doing the iconic Ek Do Teen' dance number from Chandra's Tezaab.

#Jacqueline Fernandez
Saroj Khan, N Chandra to take action against Jacqueline Fernandez's Ek Do Teen'

And it was the original choreographer Saroj Khan who gave Chandra the startling news. Says Chandra, "I met Sarojji at Sridevi's prayer meeting. It was there that Sarojji marched up to me to tell me about it. Can you imagine how much it had upset her that she needed to vent at such a solemn occasion ? Anyway she came to me and said, Have you seen what they're doing to our Ek Do Teen' number?' I had no clue. Sarojji told me that the makers of Baaghi 2 were doing a new version of Ek Do Teen'. She said she will take legal action against it.

Now that Ek do teen as performed by Jaqueline Fernandez is out, N Chandra is in a state of shock. Says the irate filmmaker, "I can't believe they've done this to Ek Do Teen'. It's crass beyond imagination. And Jaqueline Fernandez doing Madhuri Dixit's number? Give me a break! It's like turning the Central Park into a botanical garden. Madhuri danced with such grace and innocence. This number is like a sex act.

Chandra feels there should be strict laws against such creative vandalism. "Anyone can do anything to your creation just because there are no laws to protect our property. I remember some years ago R D Burman's Dum Maro Dum' had been similarly vandalized.

Chandra is referring to Rohan Sippy's Dum Maro Dum' in which Deepika Padukone had done an item number singing the legendary Asha Bhosle number Dum Maro Dum' from the film Hare Rama Hare Krishna with words like Unche se uncha banda, potty pe baithey nanga.

Says Chandra, "Saroji and I are definitely taking action. Amitji has rightly spoken about archaic copyright laws which allow such liberties to be taken. Can you imagine, Mr Bachchan would have no rights over his father's writings! What kind of laws allow people to do such things? We must be allowed to exercise some control over what we create.

Edited by MinzPie - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HereToStay thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
There was no need to mess with the classics...that too of someone perfect like Madhuri😡

They just ruined mine and many others childhood🥺
Seems like vicious vendetta against her with these bullies acting like high school mean girls. Shes a performer, she performed for the song given to her by the director and clothes given to her by stylists. 
HereToStay thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
New Ek do teen = Ghatiyappa at it's Peak😉
ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
saroj khan discussed about this at sridevi's prayer meet ðŸ˜³
BebaakBegum thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Hey Bhagwan! These people got no chill. Kalko falana falana person will make a video dancing on some old song and these people will sue that person if that song goes viral. Logic, dimaag kuch nahi, paisa hain so let's throw it in baselsss court cases.
clairvoyance thumbnail
This number is like a sex act.
😆

fully agree.

One thing is proved
PEOPLE LOVE MADHURI SO MUCH EVEN TILL TODAY THAT THEY DONT CARE ABOUT TODAYS HEROINES LIKE JACQUELINE.  GOOD FANS, IF U CAN LOVE 90'S HEROES, TILL TODAY  PLEASE KEEP THE SAME LOVE FOR 90'S HEROINES TOO

I dont blame jackie.

sajid nadiawala needs to apologise to N chandra,  Master Ji and Dhak Dhak Girl.

Observed in twitter that Bollywood /madhuri fans  from AAP, BJP.CONGRESS, ,CPM , Shiv Sena etc etc  all have criticised the new version.

Madhuri unites all political parties.

they must know a film called main madhuri dixit banna chahti hoon was made
the title itself is a huge respect to the body of work of madhuri

Edited by clairvoyance - 6 years ago
Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
So she discussed this at Sridevi's prayer meet? BRUH. I thought Jacquelines dance was distasteful. But this is worse. That's just disrrspectful. 
Did Baaghi 2 producers take proper permission and pay rights for the song ??

If yes then case dismissed. These people wanna just be in the news 😆 😆
Mistyy thumbnail
Well it's not Jacqueline fault, sue the makers. I can't believe there are no rights in terms of the movies and songs, anyone can just go ahead and make a remix and butcher the classics.