Saroj Khan, N Chandra to take action against Jacqueline Fernandez - Page 4

Posted: 6 years ago
I cant believe they had not taken permission from REAL AND ORIGINAL "Ek Do Teen" song makers. I thought in such remakes they always do as it's ethical and there was a law about it?😕 How come there is no law against such plagiarism?  That's so unfair taking someone's hard work and ruining it like that. There should definitely be a law about it which though should've been long time back. But why are they filing the case against Jacky?? She did what she was given. They should go after the real people behind the song.  
Jealousy at its peak!
As if its national anthem or some other religious stuff that is ruined its jus a song!
And the actress should b the last to b blamed
Originally posted by _Darling_

I cant believe they had not taken permission from REAL AND ORIGINAL "Ek Do Teen" song makers. I thought in such remakes they always do as it's ethical and there was a law about it?😕 How come there is no law against such plagiarism?  That's so unfair taking someone's hard work and ruining it like that. There should definitely be a law about it which though should've been long time back. But why are they filing the case against Jacky?? She did what she was given. They should go after the real people behind the song.  

The music director/singer relinquishes all control of any said creative content to the production house and music rights provider in this case parties known as T-series. Unlike the artists in the west most Bollywood songs creative control stays with the music studio. 
Originally posted by Mallika-E-Bhais

UTTER RUBBISH! Total mean girls act!!! W*F sj Ikr poor Jackie do, stop doing her work because it offends people who made a song 2 decades ago?!! The song is awful, yes, but everyone has the right o creativity too. Stop whining & lie down. This kind of self-righteousness is UNBEARABLE.

Bold - Agree, everyone has the right of creativity too but by taking someone else's creative work?? If they are so desperate to make their creative works, then no one is stopping them and they can.  But they CAN'T go around stealing other people works without their permission and expect everything to be okay.  Rest I agree ,they shouldn't go after Jacky.  Rather they should go after the people who are behind this terrible stealing.  
Originally posted by theeki.mithai

While I agree that targetting Jacky over this is wrong, I do think there should be a rule to seek permission before remaking such songs.. I mean, you are known for a song.. That song played a pivotal role in your journey and now someone else has it and you don't get a say.. It does not seem fair.. Like remaking films, permission should also be sought while remaking songs by the makers

1+++
Originally posted by TheBoss

The music director/singer relinquishes all control of any said creative content to the production house and music rights provider in this case parties known as T-series. Unlike the artists in the west most Bollywood songs creative control stays with the music studio. 

So you mean the songs makers never have rights over their songs and their creative works once it's given to production house and music rights provider? Well, I didn't know but that's wrong. It's like they have no rights nor respect.  Anyone can just come and copy their work then. There should be something to stop this. It's not fair nor right.  
Not all songs have been butchered  
In recent years there is one song which has been remade and its awesome to listen...good beats, musical too.
Whistle Baja

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQcDB1iCpWw[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by clairvoyance - 6 years ago
Darling: And therein lies the whole point.. They are NOT stealing it!! They aren't passing off their work as original or anything of the sort, it's very clearly a homage & meant to be taken in that spirit. Creative control anyway doesn't lie with artists as such, yet, in BW. So IDK W*Fff are they whining about!! drag the music directors/producers to court if you must. Jackie has nothing to do with it. Zero. Nada. She is just following orders by the people who will sign her pay check.
^^^from the recent ones,I liked 'ittefaq se' the most.no dhinchak badumbaaa yeh woh ðŸ˜†

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GixOBBE1VFw[/YOUTUBE]

Originally posted by _Darling_

So you mean the songs makers never have rights over their songs and their creative works once it's given to production house and music rights provider? Well, I didn't know but that's wrong. It's like they have no rights nor respect.  Anyone can just come and copy their work then. There should be something to stop this. It's not fair nor right.  

Yes. Any half decent lawyer will tell them they have no case. Infact should this go to trial they would lose and must pay back all associated costs. Jacky can actually counter sue them for defamation and character assassination and future loss of earnings along with emotional suffering. Once you sell your music it becomes property of music studio. T series owns copyright to both Tezaab 1988 and this song. Divya Kumar is not a lady to be f**ked with. She's probably keeping quiet out of respect but would vigorously defend her corporate rights. It's completely fair. Once you sold something it is no longer yours. It's like Steve Wozniak trying to sue Apple when he no longer owns any rights. 
Edited by TheBoss - 6 years ago