Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Saroj Khan, N Chandra to take action against Jacqueline Fernandez - Page 3

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Yes, the anger is completely justified as Jacky version is sleaze and vulgar. From skimpy dress, vulgar gestures and provocative steps, its offensive. 
The issue is not in adapting it but the flavour of original or the entity of original should be kept. It about how you are presenting it. Say for eg the old B/W song Raat akeli hai, the picturization is neat and fine. It does have any vulgar or suggestive steps, nor is the heroine dressed skimpily. 

Tomorrow they will ruin all the old classic hits with skimpy dresses and provocative steps. Somewhere there is a boundary to be upheld and not everything can be washed away on pretext of freedom or creativity. There is something called integrity and sensibility too.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
he is saying dosto hawa khaao.sab sahi haiπŸ˜†

astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: TheBoss

Saroj aunty sounds like a typical entitled senior who demand respect and consider everything remotely related to them as blasphemous. What happened to the pelvic thrusts in your songs which you now call body of work? Should have instead taken things in stride for the homage as a tribute rather than lock horns, get their pitchforks grasping over straws and acting like bunch of tools. 

She criticises every other choreographer's work . She thinks she was some kind of a genius and nobody can match her . She said she couldn't sit through Ash's umrao jaan because the dance was low grade . I did like her work but after a point all this jealousy just irritates me . Also cuz I love Jackie, she's so sweet .
maybe she wanted to choreograph this one tooπŸ˜•

Baaghi 2 director Ahmed Khan said that once they chose to redo Ek Do Teen he had rushed to seek Saroj Khan's "blessings" but did not invite her to redo the choreography. 

Jacqueline Fernandez's Ek Do Teen (reprised version) dropped yesterday and has become a talking point since then. Before the release of the song, Jacqueline Fernandez rushed to Madhuri Dixit to seek her "blessings and Baaghi 2  director Ahmed Khan paid the legendary choreographer Saroj Khan a visit before filming the reprised version of Khan's iconic Madhuri Dixit song.

#Baaghi 2
REVEALED: Why Ahmed Khan roped in Ganesh Acharya instead of Saroj Khan for Ek Do Teen remake

"It was only the proper thing to do. I consider Sarojji my guru. When we were thinking of which  number to use for Jacqueline Fernandez's dance number, many songs like Saat sumundar paar (Vishwaatma) and Aao na gale lagao na (Mere Jeevan Saathi) came up for consideration. When we decided to add an item song at the last minute, we were sure of two things. That there was space for it in the plot. And that we wanted only Jacqueline to do it.

Next

Jacky, says Ahmed, was over the moon when she was offered this dance number. "When she heard it was Ek Do Teen she freaked out. It is everybody's favourite. When we think of an item song, we think of Ek do teen as the baap of all them all. I quickly paid Sarojji a visit. But we did not invite her to do the  choreography for the new version of Ek Do Teen for two reasons. One, because we wanted a new treatment to the song. And two, because Sarojji is now getting old and is also likely to run out of patience on the sets.

REVEALED: Why Ahmed Khan roped in Ganesh Acharya instead of Saroj Khan for Ek Do Teen remake

Ahmed Khan says he instead invited Ganesh Aacharya to do the dance steps. "It is an entirely new interpretation of the iconic song, not meant to challenge the original. Rather, ours is  a homage to the original. We made sure that Jacqueline's costume was a close replica of Madhuri's costume. We have incorporated Madhuri's signature stepthe palm and fingers perpendicular to the forehead  accompanied by a trot backwardsinto our version. But the rest  of the steps are by Ganesh.

One change from the original that may not go down well with the architects of the original is the voice. Alka Yagnik's vocals in the original song have been replaced by Shreya Ghosal.

Explains Ahmed Khan, "Alkaji was the  heroine's voice in the 1990s and 2000s. Shreya Ghosal is the heroine's voice today. We wanted  Jacqueline to have the heroine's voice. We didn't want our Ek Do Teen to be treated as an item song.

Ahmed hopes to show the new version of the song to Saroj Khan, Madhuri Dixit and the Tezaab director N Chandra. "We need their blessings. Our song is possible only because of them, says Ahmed emotionally.

Edited by MinzPie - 6 years ago
^^ They know their case will go nowhere but just trying to cash in their 15 seconds by going after some girl who is just taking orders and making her livelihood doing what the director told her to do. I don't even like Jacky but I am glad I was right to support her in this. This sense of entitlement where everyone acts like some special snow flake is becoming so boring. She's outraged because they came to seek her blessing empty handed and didn't offer her some donation. πŸ˜†Edited by TheBoss - 6 years ago
I'm starting to think Saroj khans stories about salman disrespecting her are just stories πŸ˜†
πŸ˜†
waise has anyone seen anil kapoor's ek do teen??

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOGWtJt6I0Q[/YOUTUBE]

@TM you can see your favorite's house in the song :P
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
While I do agree that the new song is nothing but a sleaze fest and skin show... it doesn't pay any tribute to the original but has just used it to garner I instant popularity... Saroj Khan has always been bitter to other choreographers and this action is out of sheer jealousy or desperation. I do feel there should be laws to remind and reprise an old classic, but the onus also lies upon the choreographer to make it worth and not cheap... this song sorry to say though Jacqui is a good dancer makes her look cheap in it... Katz also does sexy numbers but somehow it doesn't look cheap...
storminateacup thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Good! That torture deserves to be banned πŸ˜†
Pappu.Pager thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: TheBoss

Seems like vicious vendetta against her with these bullies acting like high school mean girls. Shes a performer, she performed for the song given to her by the director and clothes given to her by stylists. 

Exactly!