Tripple Talaq: Debateable concept?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 6 years ago
I watched five minutes trailer. This show has a good premise. The comment section is full of diversified opinion. I watched few Aj tak interview of Muslims women. They (some are highly educated) made some arguable statements for and against tripple talaq law. So i see a real premise of the show. Not just for non muslim to know Islam but for Muslims too who have difference in opinion and knowledge about the tripple talaq. Hope makers do a justifiable job from both perspective.
So far i watched, you cant invalidate the argument both are making from general point of view. I hope it sparks some debate in a positive way not putting religious sentiments down.
Constant Triple talaq is forbidden in Islam . However I watched many Pakistani serials having it . Saying 3 talaqs or more in one moment is a sin. there are many such incidents happened in Sahaba period. Islamic fiqh is devided, but in my mazhab : Sunnah Shafi ..it counts as three, some schoolers count it as one only. 
Anyway it needs to stop foran. 
It's a sensitive issue. I guess there's already a clash between Muslim women and men with this entire triple talaq fiasco. Either they should deal with it carefully or just drop the triple talaq part from the show. They need to do lots of homework and research before they represent something as a fact.
Hoping against hope, just to get into TRP race, they should not make joke out of it. As I have seen in promos, both leads have different opinions about it, there is nothing common, one of the Qazi orders them to get married and annouce engagement day just to sort out their differences. That itself a joke. Why would you get 2 people married who have completely opposite opinion on very sensitive issue like triple talaq?
Edited by White..Magic - 6 years ago
Originally posted by White..Magic

It's a sensitive issue. I guess there's already a clash between Muslim women and men with this entire triple talaq fiasco. Either they should deal with it carefully or just drop the triple talaq part from the show. They need to do lots of homework and research before they represent something as a fact.
Hoping against hope, just to get into TRP race, they should make joke out of it. As I have seen in promos, both leads have different opinions about it, there is nothing common, one of the Qazi orders them to get married and annouce engagement day just to sort out their differences. That itself a joke. Why would you get 2 people married who have completely opposite opinion on very sensitive issue like triple talaq?

Traditionally in Indian community not just Muslims, it is assumed that husband wife will stay together in arranged marriage and will sacrifice to save marriage. May be from that traditional view, Qazi orders this. I think after marriage they will have tripple talaq part in their marriage. Anyway, not just man and women, there are differences in opinion about tripple talaq between women too if you see YT videos. Yet hope it is presented without negative representation. There are different school of thoughts about TT i think, dont know which school of thoughts makers will follow, there are diferences in thoughts is what i got from YT interviews.
I wonder why is there a confusion about triple talaq in India and Pakistan. it doesn't exsist in other muslim countries. I don't know any woman who got divorced 3 times except one.. that too seperately . not in one time,but in different year. Muslim men use one talaq only at one time. this is true Islamic rule. 
Originally posted by awida

I wonder why is there a confusion about triple talaq in India and Pakistan. it doesn't exsist in other muslim countries. I don't know any woman who got divorced 3 times except one.. that too seperately . not in one time,but in different year. Muslim men use one talaq only at one time. this is true Islamic rule.

You see one Shariah board for Lucknow, there are other board in other cities, they all have different rulings, which creat confusion i think.

Look i found this on facebook a petition against it... 

https://www.change.org/p/india-broadcasting-foundation-ban-tv-serial-ishq-subhanallah-on-zee-tv-for-mocking-islamic-shariah-laws-practices
Originally posted by Karan.Preeta

Look i found this on facebook a petition against it...

https://www.change.org/p/india-broadcasting-foundation-ban-tv-serial-ishq-subhanallah-on-zee-tv-for-mocking-islamic-shariah-laws-practices

This show created a good buzz. Some comments are really irrational. You can see such comments in YT vifeos like how Zaraa shouod wear hijab n all. But they wont be successful. Makers havent done anything wrong so far as far as general conception.