Naamkarann

Mishti/Saisha deserves better from the CVs.

reflorated thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
I have no problems with the characters of Mishti and Saisha as such. When Mishti was introduced, I could understand why Avni and Neil were instantly drawn to the child. She was adorable. Even though as a character, she was quite poorly written - but still, the cuteness of the child just made me forget most things. 
But the character of Saisha... oh my god, I am not certain where I want to start. She is shallow, insouciant, ungrateful and just a general, all around brat. Now, this characterization confuses me because 

1. The other kids have no such issues

2. It is AVNI who raised this child. 

The clear logical deduction then, is that Saisha is just a product of bad writing. 

I believe as audience, I am entitled to the best a show has to offer. And after looking at Saisha, I realize that she is not it. And do you know why? It's because NO TEENAGER ACTS THIS WAY. I get where the CVs are coming from. She's a teen, and she's infatuated with KK. This, I understand. What I can't understand is her reactions which are SO over the top! I don't think the actress has anything to do with this. I just think this is bad, lazy writing. Also, in yesterday's episode there was a whole sequence with KK getting mesmerized with Saisha's voice. The romantic connotations of that scene made me uncomfortable because SAISHA IS STILL NOT A LEGAL ADULT. 

Overall, I want to say that Saisha deserves better. I am a little offended by her characterization because I know teenagers today are capable of so much more. Saisha, as an 18 year old, should not give up the things that make her, her. But I do think the CVs should incorporate more depth into her character. She is capable of being MORE than just an 18 year old who is obsessed with makeup and her favourite celebrity. Not because she's Avni's daughter but because she is a normal human being who has eyes, a brain and a heart.

This is my personal opinion. Feel free to disagree. Also, I want to just add that I don't "hate" Saisha. I just think that reducing a character down to the superficial is a terrible waste of time, both mine and the CVs. 

Thank you for reading.

R

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters