09.03.2018 ~ Last promises, Last blessings

smiley_lizi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago
Yeh Un Dino Ki Baat Hai
9th March 2018
Episode review

Last Promises

Nanu the umbrella of Sameer's life gave Sameer the shade and the shoulder to rely on all these days.

Sameer walking weak in the hospital faints for the moment and Mundit holds him rushing there.

Sameer's voice over says
"Uss pal ke liye toh meri doston ne mujhe kandha de diya tha, sambhal liya tha mujhe, par mujhe nehi pata tha ki, mere haath se control chuut raha tha. Mei nanaji ke paas waqt pe pohoch kar bhi shayed late ho gaya tha."

And there Nanu the actual lifelong shoulder of Sameer gains conciousness. As soon as  he gains conciousness he felt his time may be going to end now soon. He knew, how much Sameer loves him and how much dependent Sameer is on him. Nanu has lived his part of life, he is done with all the calculations of his life but the only thing that worries him now is that, what will happen to Sameer when he is not there. His bachcha will be devastated all alone. This thing worries him most, and he wants ensure that Sameer will be ok after his leaving. Vishakha and Somani tell Nanu to rest, but he does not. Now he has to tell his last words.

He says to Vishakha, "Vishakha, nehi, nehi, mujhe bolne de ...Sameer bohot bhola hai, aur andar se bohot kamjor hai. Agar mujhe kuch ho gaya, woh bikhar jayega. Aj tak meine usse sambhalke rakkha hai, teri jindagi ki nayi shuruwath ho saake, uske liye maine apne daaman mei usse chupakar rakkha. Par ab waqt aa gaya, tujhe apni mamta ki chaao deni hai usse."

"Tum mujhe ek bachan do, ki tum Sameer ko meri kami kabhi mehsoos nehi hone dogi. Aj tak meine uska nana hoke maa ki tarah pala hai. Lekin ab tum uski maa hoke nana ki tarah palna hai, Vishakha. Sambhalogi? Uska khayal rakkhogi tum?..Aur uski haasi, kahi gayab nehi hone dogi tum. Wada karo mujhse tum...PLEASE."

Nanu holds her hand for the promise where she also puts her hand and nods yes.
Now Nanu is happy getting the assurance, his relieved utters "Good girl" for Vishakha.

Vishakha puts the oxygen mask on Nanu again. He is relieved does not deny now. But his breathing suddenly got heavy, and he is finding it hard to breath. Vishkha worried to see this, Nanu now thinks its no time to relax now, he has to say his last blessings to Sameer. He calls , "Sameer, sameer"

There in the village Naina gets up from sleep seeing a bad dream and wakes up horrified saying Sameer's name.

Last blessings

Sameer enters Nanu's cabin. He has tears in his eyes. Nanu removes the oxygen mask again, sees his condition and says,"Muskura" (How he ensures his bachcha smiles always)

Sameer smiles at nanu through his tears. Nanu says to vishakha, "Vishakha, iski muskurahat bohot kimti hai. Isse khone dena nehi hai. Isse khone dena nehi hai."

Sameer says, "Nanu, ek baar aap thik ho jaiye. Apko kabhi bhi koi bhi shikayet ka mauka nehi dunga, kuch galti nehi karunga. Aur jaisa aap bolenge na, mei sab kuch aisa hi karunga. Bas ek baar ap thik ho jaiye." he can't stop tears while saying this.

Nanu says, "Ro kiyu raha hai? Akhon mei asu achi nehi laage."

Sameer wipes of tears.

Nanu says, "Tu meri kamjori nehi, mera gurur hai. Tu mujhse puchta tha na ki mei apki beta banke kiyu nehi aya!..Achcha hua...Beta banke aata toh sirf bete aur baap ka rishta hota. Kabhi bhi dost-dost, bhai-bhai, guru-shishya, maa-bete, kabhi nehi ban paatei. Tere saath ek jindagi mei kitne ristey ji li hai maine!"

Sameer says nanu to take rest, not to talk anymore.

But Nanu has to finish his last words with Sameer. He continues, "Ab waqt aa gaya hai ki tujhe Sameer Maheshwari se, Jayprakash Maheshwari ka beta banna hai. Saari jimmedari apne kandhopar uthana hai."

Nanu continues "Beta aj se meri jaga teri maa legi. Aur mujhe vishwas hai ki teri aakhon mei aasu kabhi nehi aane degi. Tera utna hi khayal rakkhegi."

But Sameer is not agreed with Nanu, "Nehi Nanaji, apki jaga koi bhi nehi le sakta, koi bhi nehi."

Nanu says, "Leni hogi! Teri maa ko meri jaga leni hogi...Vishakha rakhogi na meri Sameer ka khayal"

He needs to be assured and confirmed again that Sameer will be taken cared. He says to vishakha, "Yeh meri tarah tujhe ek dost banke bigadegi, ek maa banke sarahaegi, ek pita banke daantegi aur ek Nanu banke laad karegi...ek saathi bankar (he pauses and nods head negatively remembering something) nehi nehi...(he smiles) saathi nehi (he calls Sameer to come closer and says in his ear) mei toh bhul gaya, teri saathi toh...NAINA HAI, aur hamesha, hamesha rahegi (He blessed Samaina last moment forever)" saying this Nanu caresses Sameer's cheek

Hearing this Sameer also now blushes and smiles..but his smile does not stay longer. He sees the smiling glow of Nanu's eyes falling down, Nanu takes a deep breath, looks at sameer with a last smile and his hand falls down from his cheek. And our heart breaks down, here we lose the most precious person of Sameer's life and who in the way became very much precious for us also.

Sameer stands up seeing Nanu, "Nanu...Nanu, baat kariye naa..." in this moment sameer was hoping against the hopes for one last time .

Vishakha calls doctor and doctor rushes and after their last attempt the doctor leaves and nurse removes the mask from Nanu. Sameer shooks up Nanu but he does not respond anymore and then it hits him hard then he lost him forever. When everyone broke down crying, Sameer stood there as a stone and he has to stand in life without Nanu now, everything is changed for him forever.

--

Tears rolled down my eyes throughout the episode and still gaining strength and I broke down again when writing this post. Heart wrenching it was. I felt I was in the hospital. And seeing Nanu passing away. I didn't know Nanu will be so close to my heart, as if like my own family member. No words hats off to all the actors, brilliantly executed.

Sameer did not even a single drop of tear and within a blink a part of his carefree soul died forever.

The episode had village scenes
ruining the essence of hospital scenes but I must say makers kept it so real. Obviously it's ruining d essence of hospital scenes but this is how it is in reality!!!

Sad thing is that Naina didn't know at all while Sameer was passing this heart-wrenching time of his life

Mundit were there with Sameer through thick and thin. They were really part of his family. They felt Nanu as their own Nanu till his last breath.

Also, I appreciate the fact that Somani kept his hand on Sameer's shoulder for that moment, especially when Sameer needed it the most.  That gesture was unexpected from Somani yet nic.

Vishakha has promised to Nanu, but will she be able to keep her promises! Can she stand up against Somani for Sameer! I hope she keeps value of her promise and do something..

That smile Nanu had when he passed away. Tht final thought about Naina & Sameer being there for each other & supporting each other through all d hurdles making him really rest in peace...

Two people who shared many relations in one lifetime
Dost-Dost, Bhai-Bhai, Guru-Shishya, Maa-Beta, Nanu-Naati

Their bond will be cherished forever... ❤️

Edited by smiley_lizi - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

viraf4u thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
That is a very well written note.. Thank you summing it up so nicely

It was indeed a very touching episode and the one that will stay with us for a long time.
dreamyp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful post dear..Thx for pm.. nanu ll always be my fav. Ek dost, ek guru, bhai n wat not . He is a inspiration.. m just afraid now for sameer n naina..
ruchi3179 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Tears coming after reading this post.
Niakhush thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I can not comment on this post...m speechless...ur caps have always been wonderful ..by today that last cap made me cry...the reality that Nanu is no more did hit...bt sunking it was difficult n that last cap did sunk that reality!!

It was Nanu last heart to heart talk with sameer...Nanu death has lived his life for sameer...n here at the end he was worried for his sameer!! He correctly said it to vishaka "MENE USE APNE DAMAN ME CHUPAKAR RAKHA THA" now that daman is no more...I am scared for our sameer...it is nt easy to survive that easily when u come out of our protected zone... reality is going to hit him soon...and he doesn't even know it is going to hit him hard...bt then he is jayprakash maheshwari beta...he will eventually come out of it!!

I dnt knw whether vishaka will keep her promise or nt...I dnt knw if she will ever b able to take a stand for sameer...bt one thing is for sure...she whd never b able to take Nanu place!!

Yes there Wer village scene did loose the essence of hospital scenes...bt that's life...kahi khushi hai to kahi gam!!!!!

That last blessing...meant a lot...may b nt nly for sameer...bt dat blessing was for the whole fandom...saying this phase will pass...naina hai sameer k pass!!!
I loved the fact that he died giving his last blessing to samina...n smiling thinking of them...that is very symbolic!!

Somani hand was may b just for a sec...bt very influential...cvs showed us he may b bad n rude with sameer...bt at the end even he is not negative character of the show...like every character there will b humanity in him...he can just hurt sameer by words...bt when needed he will stand for him as well!!!!!

Kiran sir...experience speaks...n u showed that yest...there have been many death scenes in this television industry...n ppl have always cried seeing there loved characters depart the show...bt u made us even feel that...as u said laizu...v felt it was some of our family member!! No body whd ever b able to take ur place in sameer life Nanu...nor vishaka, nor naina!!!
The most heart breaking line was"RAKHOGI NA TUM MERE SAMEER KA KHAYAL...BHAUT KEEMTI HAI USKE CHERE K YE MUSKAN"

So guyz letz watch the journey of Sameer maheshwari to become the BETA of JAYPRAKASH MAHESHWARI!!

N trust me guyz it is going to b worth watching!!

Thnx u Cvs...u Wer successfully...the whole fandom cried... wonderfully u showed each and every moment!!; Hats of to the team of YUDKBH!!!

Edited by Niakhush - 6 years ago
Hearttalks_90s thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
i hv no words to express... never hv i ever cried watching anything fictional. but this show so close to reality with portraying human emotions so close to reality made me cry and not just words but actually crying...😭
Abhinaya_Abhi thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
It's a superb post Laizu!
An Episode totally dedicated to Nanu!
All your collages & caps are too good! It was really really an emotional episode! Everyone performed their scenes well! 

A new chapter is going to start in sameer's life! He is going to take all the responsibilities! I really feel bad for Naina who doesn't know anything about the happenings! Anyways let's see what CVS have for us!
soniadutta thumbnail
Brillant post ,I have been followers of many shows and mostly mid 90's where concepts were not so been regressive and after ages got to watch a show which still believe in realistic approach...The whole hospital scene so well executed and all the actors were phenomenal but KIRAN SIR was exceptional .
His last words to Vishakha and Sameer we're heart wrenching and how beautifully makers described Sam-Nanu relation by all the dialogues even we could feel connected to it .Nanu blessings for samaina is the symbolism that the path may be difficult but only Naina going to be sameer soul mate and ready to stand with him in every difficult phase of life.

I always thought about randeep has to worked on his emotional part more somewhere lacked in Mount Abu and hospital scene
But last two episodes ,he made me believe that he is not only now perfect for romantic  scenes but emotional as well .

Village scenes were just distracted me  even though it's got to  be  lesser heavy emotional scenes and showing the reality that even though there tragic moment but other side life goes on smoothly only 

I m actually now looking for the upcoming episodes to know about Sameer rise and shine again without nanu presence and made Naina his soulmate forever .

Edited by soniadutta - 6 years ago
Veda1125 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Laizu- Was very emotional as just got thru seeing the episode and saw ur pm. Very well written post! What a heart wrenching episode ...Sameer's smile, his care free attitude ..everything vanished in a second..Good to see some humanity in Somani..I am curious to see how his character plays out in the future ..his interaction with Sameer will be interesting!
Great episode and fantastic job by all the cast! Going to miss Nanu!!!
Thanks for the PM😊
swathzie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
U have expressed everything that I wanted to tell so beautifully. Heart wrenching episode