Ek Mutthi Aasmaan

Fated to love you - ch 7 pg 16

angelpureness thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

I want to write something light with regards to Ragnas journey.I wrote a series of os in another forum... am gonna tweak it

Index

Chapter 1 - page 1

Chapter 2 - page 5

Chapter 3 - page 6

Chapter 4 - page 7

Chapter 5 - page 10

Chapter 6 - page 11

Chapter 7 - page 16 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

angelpureness thumbnail
Characters
Singhania family

Mukesh - grandfather 
Sarla -  grandmother 
Neerav - father
Sanjana - mother 
Aadarsh - elder brother
Parineeta - sister in law
Ragav 
Pakhi - younger sister
Ayaan Mehta - like a brother. Raised by the family
Priya - Ragav's wife. Passed away. Sister to Parineeta.
Arjun - Aadarsh and Parineeta's son

Kapoor family

Saroj - grandmother 
Shekhar - father
Neetu - mother
Kalpi
Maya - younger sister

Edited by angelpureness - 5 years ago
angelpureness thumbnail
Chapter 1

Leaning against the wall, his eyes shut, Ragav Singhania tunes out the sounds of laughter and celebration, haunted by the cries of anguish he heard on the terrace late last night. His beloved sister was heart broken. In the nick of time he had managed to stop Pakhi Singhania from self harm... promising her that he would stop the marriage from taking place and return her Ayaan Mehta back to her.

Shaking his head, he wonders what could have happened in the past six months that here they were today, attending Ayaan's wedding to Kalpana Kapoor. Being the same age, they did everything together... they were inseparable. It was an open secret in the family that Pakhi and Ayaan would get married. "Mum had even broached the subject of engagement, he thinks. Watching his sister, Ragav tells himself, "I will always protect you.

Masking her sadness, needing to keep herself busy, Pakhi rushes around like a busy bee admist the celebrations, a smile in place as she helps Kalpi's family by serving the guests with snacks, making them comfortable as they wait for the auspicious moment when the love of her life marries he.

Sanjana Singhania watches her daughter from across the courtyard as she interacts with the guests with sadness and guilt. She loved Ayaan just like a son. He was after all raised by her when his parents died in a car crash 10 years ago. At 11 years of age, Ayaan was all alone, she had requested her husband Neerav Singhania if they could raise him. Growing up, seeing how close Pakhi and Ayaan were, she had gotten carried away with the dream of their marriage. "If only I had not encouraged Pakhi. If only I had not misunderstood Ayaan, she tells herself.

Worry etched on her pretty face, Sanjana rushes towards Ragav and whispers something to him. Worried, Ragav follows his mum to the room that is allocated to Ayaan during the ceremony. He asks, "mum, what do you mean by Ayaan is not answering his phone? Where is he?" Tearing up, Sanjana replies, "Ayaan said that he had forgotten something and would be right back. That was an hour ago.

Ragav quickly places a call to Ayaan, ready to tell him off for being so irresponsible. Frowning, he disconnects, saying, "his phone is switched off!" Angrily he snaps, "first he breaks his engagement... then insist on marrying his girlfriend... Now he disappears!"

"He did not break his engagement, Sanjana scolds, "Pakhi and Ayaan did not formally get engaged... and this is not the time to bring this up. Reprimanded by his mum, Ragav keeps quiet.

"Ragav, I don't know what to do," Sanjana states, "oh gosh, how will your grandfather and grandmother react." Fuming Ragav tries Ayaan again, but to no avail. "mum, we have no choice. We need to inform everyone that Ayaan is not here," Ragav states.

"I know," Sanjana says with a heavy heart. She takes a step towards the entrance of the room when Ragav places his hand on her shoulder, stopping her. He has softly, "I think we should inform Neetu aunty and Kalpana first." Placing her hand on his, she squeezes it slowly, saying, "yes of course." "mum, wait here. I shall bring them here," Ragav says before walking past his mum and out of the room.

Knowing full well how irresponsible Ayaan could be, Kalpi fumes as she learns of his absence. Angry at herself for allowing him to convince her to get married this soon... they had just started dating. Looking at her mum, the worry etched in her features,Kalpi recollects guiltily the pleas from her parents that had gone to deaf ears about rushing the marriage...

"it is too soon baby, her mother had said with worry

"The both of you are too young... only 21, her mother had said

"Both of you are still studying. Why do you need to rush, her mother had said

"Are you pregnant? Her mum had asked her softly

"Mum, Kalpi had exclaimed, "we just love each other and don't want to be apart while thinking, "there is this arrogant girl in class that needs to be brought a notch down.

"Omg, Kalpi thinks, "did I get played by them. Don't tell me they have taken their prank this far. I should have been more suspicious of him suddenly loving me. How dare they try to humiliate my family? Turning towards Ragav, Kalpi asks, "will you marry me?" "Kalpi!", Neetu admonishes. With a hint of reluctant admiration lurking in his eyes, he thinks, "she is courageous." Ragav says, "Neetu aunty, mum, please give us a moment alone."

Both mothers look anxiously towards one another, then at Ragav and Kalpi, nod affirmatively and leave the room. They quietly wait behind the closed door, not knowing what to think.. Neither sure if they want their children to make such a huge compromise for the family's standing in society."

Ragav takes a few steps away from Kalpi, distancing himself from her, both physically and mentally as he evaluates the situation. Leaning on the wall, he turns to look at her and says softly, "have a seat," as he nods towards the bed. "No thank you," Kalpi says in a no nonesense voice, "I am comfortable standing."

Seeing distress lurking in her eyes, Ragav sighs, then says, "Kalpi , Ayaan will come. I am sure he has a very good reason for being absent. Wait for him. He loves you very much."

Recollecting how inseparable Pakhi and Ayaan used to be and still were, Kalpi is no longer certain of Ayaan's love for her. She wonders if this is Ayaan's way of getting even with her over the fight she had had with Pakhi six months ago. The whole class had been surprised when he had come to her and apologised to her on behalf of Pakhi the following day.

"So the whole friendship and falling in love was just a game, Kalpi thinks. "Damn. When did I become this stupid. She thinks. Recollecting her younger sister, Maya's warning, "you are getting caught up in your Prince Charming fantasy. You don't love him, you just want to out do Pakhi.

Sighing Kalpi thinks, "what a fix? Is there another way out? How do I get out of this with my pride intact? With mum, dad and Maya's pride intact? Studying Ragav, she thinks, "it is only fair he pay the price. Taking a deep breath, Kalpi fights not to lowers her gaze, embarrassed , says, "can you think of any other alternative that would save both our families face in the community? I can only think of us getting married.

"Yes of course," Ragav says reassuringly,"I understand where you are coming from. The strictures of society always dictates our movements." Kalpi looks away, realising that her family was in this plight because of her stubbornness. Ragav pauses for a moment, waiting for Kalpi to meet his gaze, before continuing, "I have some conditions before we marry."

Kalpi takes a deep breath, thinking, "here goes... as she waits for Ragav to continue. Seeing the worried look on her face, Ragav sighs and says, "look, let us just forget this happened and wait for Ayaan ." Kalpi takes a step toward him and says, "no... No... Tell me your conditions.

Nodding, Ragav says, "my first condition is that Ayaan will be your past, and I your present and future." Kalpi nods affirmatively, thinking, "duh! Obviously. I can hardly have a husband and a boyfriend at the same time. Seeing her positive response, Ragav continues, "you will always be mindful of my family's standing in society, their respect is very important... "Yadaa yadaa yadaa... the lecture begins, " Kalpi thinks. Unaware of her thoughts Ragav continues, "And lastly..." He stops leaving his sentence incomplete.

Snapping from her thought, Kalpi repeats curiously, "lastly..." Ragav continues, "I know it will take some time for us to be comfortable with one another... However I would like if society and also the family would think that there is some mutual affection and admiration between us."

Kalpi just stares at Ragav, her expression clearly saying, "what!"

"Relax," Ragav says reassuringly, "I dont mean... Like tomorrow... But maybe in a few weeks, a month. We can keep our distance in private, but in front of the family..." He stops, suddenly unsure what to say next. Tries once again, "our families would be upset, if they were to see distance between us... More for their sake, we should..."

"Yes. yes... I get it... I love you... you love me... Kalpi thinks dismissively as she interrupts him, not wanting him to complete his sentence, "got it. I understand. Your conditions are reasonable. I accept.

Sanjana looks at her son and says, "Ragav I don't expect you to take on this responsibility for us. It is not right for you to give up your dreams, to make this sacrifice just because Ayaan is irresponsible. Ragav smiles reassuringly and says, "mum. dad. I am not making any sacrifices. I admire her courage and positivity. Look at her, here she is standing before all with her head held high."

Seeing the determined look in his eyes, Sanjana and Neerav reluctantly give their son the go ahead, realising that Ragav has made his decision and nothing would change it. Mukesh watches with pride as his grandson steps up to protect the family honour.

Neerav paces to and fro in his living area, worried just like the rest of the family over Ayaan's absence. Sanjana turns to her mother inlaw and says in a reassuring voice, keeping her worry at bay, "I am sure Ayaan is fine. He is probably staying away because he is scared of his father's temper." Ragav disconnects his phone and says, "dad, gramps, I have spoken to the commissioner, he is arranging for a team to scout the city as we speak."

Mukesh nods affirmatively, looks at the wall clock, the time reading half past midnight. He frowns over the lateness, looks towards Kalpi, then turns to Ragav and says, "it is quite late, it has been a long day for Kalpi . We shall see you in the morning."

Quietly observing, Pakhi can no longer hold her silence. Curious, she pulls her brother aside and whispers, "bhai, do you have a hand in this? Ragav whispers back, "don't be silly, dismisses her and heads towards Kalpi.

Kalpi follows Ragav to their room, worry gnawing her as she wonders where Ayaan is and if he is okay, wondering if she wrong earlier and that something had happened. She was itching to call him. Ragav stops abruptly in the middle of the room, Kalpi who is lost in thought does not see him stop and bumps into him. Kalpi instinctively grabs Ragav's shoulder as she tries to regain her balance.

Gritting his teeth, Ragav patiently waits for Kalpi to steady herself, once she lets go of her hold on him, he turns around and says, "it is quite late. Go to sleep.

Hearing the should of a car engine, Kalpi walks up to the window and looks out. He walks towards his dresser, places some items in his trouser pocket, looks at Kalpi and says, "Ayaan has come. Do you want to come down?" Shaking her head, Kalpi replies dryly, "no thanks. My drama quota has expired.

Smothering a laugh over her wit, Ragav says softly, "go to sleep" and walks towards the entrance of his room. He stops abruptly at the entrance, turns towards the room. His gaze studying Kalpi, he says, "Ayaan has come. If you want to change your mind about this marriage. I will..." Kalpi interrupts him, shaking her head, she says, "I will not change my mind." Nodding, Ragav turns and walks away.

Ayaan slowly walks into the house, still reeling from the impact of Neetu's slap. He wanted to cry at the unfairness life. The love of his life married to his brother. Climbing the stairs, he wonders how it is that he is still breathing.

Ragav rushes down the stairs calling out with worry, "Ayaan!"

Ayaan, stops at the landing, turns to see Ragav racing down the stairs. Ragav reaches Ayaan, hugs him and asks worriedly, "where were you? What happened? Are you okay?" Instead of answering, teary eyed, Ayaan hugs him tight.

Ayaan looks toward his family, worry and relief etched on their features. The family that had taken him 10 years ago. The only family that he knew, he loved. His gazes searches for Kalpi, but in vain. He realises that she is not in the living room. His heart constricts with pain when he realises that she must be in Ragav's bedroom. He closes his eyes at the sharp pain he feels, telling his broken heart, "she is married now."

Slowly he narrates to his family how he was chased by some men who had mistaken him for someone else. How they had held him against his will because they thought he was having an affair with a girl in their family. He tells them that how the girl came to his rescue when she found out about it. His eyes bleak, he smiles weakly, "they apologised for their mistake... But by then it was too late," he ends brokenly.

Sanjana hugs Ayaan tight and says through her tears, "I wish you had called. Why didn't you call? Why was your phone off?" Ayaan replies, "I think my phone is in the car." He pulls away from his mother's hug and heads out. Ragav calls out, "I will give you company."

Ragav stops Ayaan just before his car and says in a quiet voice, "Ayaan , I will divorce Kalpi if the family will agree to your marriage." Hope rekindling in his eyes, Ayaan gasps happily, "really!" Then shakes his head and says sadly as reality kicks in, " grandpa and grandma will never agree. It is not possible." He turns and unlocks his car, looks for his phone and says with a frown, "my phone is not here, I must have dropped it."

Ragav says, "let me help." Opening the back door, he checks under the seat, saying, "look properly in the front." Slowly Ragav takes the phone out of his pocket and says, "here, found it." Looking at the phone, he adds, "either it ran out of juice or got switched off when it fell." Giving the phone to Ragav, he says, "I will see you in the morning."

As he walks towards the house, he looks up towards his room window and as expected, there was his wife, looking down at them. Ignoring her, his gaze falls on his loyal driver who was several feet away, waiting for further instructions. Ragav gives him a slight nod in acknowledgement before calling out, "good night."

He recollects how fate lent him a helping hand in protecting his sister. For his sister he could do anything... Ragav slowly climbs the stairs, heading towards his room... His wife.

Edited by angelpureness - 5 years ago
sweet1308 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice update
Hmm rag did this for pakhi
Update soon
vanajaragna thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
awesome update
is ayan trapped by mistakenly or intentionally
so kalpi will leave ayan
now what they three do
will raghav divorce kalpi, will kalpi agree for that... when she said to raghav that ayan is her past
eagerly waiting for next chapter
try to update it soon dear
MadhuGupta thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
AmAmazi update . If possible please update others stories next parts. 
naharkhan123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ayaan trapped by raghav he did this for pakhi is kalpi know this very interesting update 
artiodedra2007 thumbnail
wow lovely and interesting dear
Hanz91 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Omg you started a new one and I'm loving the concept. Both RagNa are very strong characters and can't wait for the next update
abirami_shankar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey that's amazing and interesting too.. Loving it.. Kalpi is solo strong and confident here.. Can't wait too long for next..