Sridevi was like a bird in a cage, says filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma - Page 3

Posted: 6 years ago

I believe it's awful to work in showbiz all childhood like Sridevi did. It affects their soft impressionable minds in such a way that they always grow up to have troubled life.  We have seen so many examples everywhere. It somehow affects their psychology in that certain way.
Edited by justinnow - 6 years ago
Originally posted by anonymous39

I don't understand this guy. If he liked and cared for Sridevi that much, why spread stories about her unhappiness before her body is even laid to rest? Would her children want to hear that their mom was secretly suffering and sad and spend her life in misery? Have some compassion for those that are truly affected by this.

Anyway, nobody knows anyone that well and that is even more true with celebrities. We all form our own narratives based on snippets of information or interviews and it has much more to do with our own feelings and life experiences than it does with them. Every celebrity becomes a different persona for different fans. At that point, you only really love the vision you have of them, not the actual person because you do not know the actual person. 

The same is true even for Ramu. He knew of only what he saw on his set and he created her own mystique in his head about who she is and what her motivations are. At the end of the day, sometimes even family members do not truly know what is happening inside someone's brain and heart so to think some outsider would know is far fetched. 

If you've followed South Cinema and gossip much of what he is saying is very true especially about Sridevi's mom. She was a terrible, managing stage mother and Sri was basically the golden goose of the family. She was a child actress and she made her debut at 13 or 14, that should tell you something right there. There is a history there, unhappy history with many South superstars that perhaps I will say later, not today. Sri was unhappy, she even chose Boney I think because he offered her marriage and she was pregnant with Jhanvi before they got married. Sri was not happy that is a narrative that has been around for years, decades even. But she seemed happy as a mom. That much seemed evident if you knew her story. I am not sure of Boney and how happy they were, but she seemed like a very happy and content mom. She seemed certainly a better mom than her own mother was alleged to be. 

We certainly don't know the actual person but if you hear consistent stories for decades, it must have some element of truth is my take on it. 
Edited by Justmoi - 6 years ago
^Not knowing a whole lot about her initial days I am also of the impression that she was very content as a mother. I think that's probably one aspect of her life she was happy with. I think Boney and her were fine too. But she has past baggage. Not sure if she got past those or not.
well we all hearing her mother was ruling her life and all that. but there were some rumors floating that jhanvi and khushi did some nose and lip jobs, I would like to know why sridevi did not stop them.
or did sridevi okayed it.

but then maybe its all rumors, like anonymous says-I agree with anon, we don't know the truth, gopal should shut up. go make another aag...

but this much I say, my mom is a makeup artist, and trust me ...most of her young clients, ages from 14 to 20 have their lips injected and they say they are inspired by Kylie Jenner. with that...hallelujah!!
oh no, my mom don't inject any needles for anyone, she just cake the faces, its ok, no harm in looking beautiful for those special days.
Originally posted by briahna

well we all hearing her mother was ruling her life and all that. but there were some rumors floating that jhanvi and khushi did some nose and lip jobs, I would like to know why sridevi did not stop them.
or did sridevi okayed it.

but then maybe its all rumors, like anonymous says-I agree with anon, we don't know the truth, gopal should shut up. go make another aag...

but this much I say, my mom is a makeup artist, and trust me ...most of her young clients, ages from 14 to 20 have their lips injected and they say they are inspired by Kylie Jenner. with that...hallelujah!!
oh no, my mom don't inject any needles for anyone, she just cake the faces, its ok, no harm in looking beautiful for those special days.

Sridevi was grooming her daughters for a role in the movies, don't get me wrong. She herself had plastic surgery so she would not have felt wrong in that. But what she did different from her mom is give them an education and a good one at that. Jhanvi was even sent to acting school, Lee Strasburg i the US. Sri barely had any schooling. She also did not thrust them as child actors and most of all they were not wage earners for the family from a young age. They were also not exploited as young teens as she was because they were not in the movies. So that way their lives are better IMO. 
Originally posted by Justmoi

If you've followed South Cinema and gossip much of what he is saying is very true especially about Sridevi's mom. She was a terrible, managing stage mother and Sri was basically the golden goose of the family. She was a child actress and she made her debut at 13 or 14, that should tell you something right there. There is a history there, unhappy history with many South superstars that perhaps I will say later, not today. Sri was unhappy, she even chose Boney I think because he offered her marriage and she was pregnant with Jhanvi before they got married. Sri was not happy that is a narrative that has been around for years, decades even. But she seemed happy as a mom. That much seemed evident if you knew her story. I am not sure of Boney and how happy they were, but she seemed like a very happy and content mom. She seemed certainly a better mom than her own mother was alleged to be.

We certainly don't know the actual person but if you hear consistent stories for decades, it must have some element of truth is my take on it.

There is a history there, unhappy history with many South superstars that perhaps I will say later, not today

this grabbed my attention...I would appreciate if you can get into details about this one day. message me so I am hear to find your topic.
interesting!

What's his deal? Why is he muft ki publicity kha raha hai?
Wish he spills some more beans on her private life ,as he is perfect and dont care for the consequences ! I wanna read ! Go RGV !!
Originally posted by tina59

I felt No one knew her personally coz she kept it private and never spoke about it.
From what I know, her mom was overprotective and used her as a golden goose which she denied and her sister looted her money by staking a claim on her mom's properties and money which was bought from Sridevi's money. 

Her interview with Vir singhvi in 2017, she said she never went shopping as her mom did it for her, her full day was spent on the sets.

Anyway, Boney and Sridevi were in love and people usually are quick to blame the lady, the onus falls on the guy, he is the one married and has a responsibility towards his family.

anyway what happened , happened and it was sad for mona and her kids but all those who said Madhuri was spotless...I disagree

Madhuri too was in a full feldged affair with a much married sanjay dutt and in fact, his then wife richa was sichk and dying. i remember her daughters open letter to Madhuri requesting her to leave her dad ...

Richa passed away

But then the Sanjay Dutt was arrested and Madhuri broke off with him ..

so there's a dark shade in every hero and heroine's life. No one in the industry is spotless

Exactly. Everybody in BW has a dark past. Many actors who married for many years and have extra marital affairs. 
I am not much obsessed with celebrities personal lives. For me Sridevi was magic onscreen. And this is a huge loss for all of us BW fans. She made a phenomenal comeback with EV and Mom.  But now we won't get to see her again.
Originally posted by Peanutbolt

@bold idk dude, i feel everything wrong with what she did, I would have appreciated if she had gone madhuri's route and didn't break a full house to be relevant. Bonny is the biggest douche, he went for a wife who is more popular and pretty but Sridevi ? She was mona's friend, backstabbing and sleeping with her husband behind her back is pretty shitty thing to do..it would have been a different situation had mona and boney divorced... and to think boney speaks how he fell in love with her everytime is pretty disgusting.

Sridevi might be shy, naive, amazing actress and probably a nice human but what she did to Mona and her children is horrible. 

Madhuri is relevant today isn't she ? Her and anil had blazing chemistry but she didn't try break Anil's family and Anil was decent enough to be loyal to his fam.

I keep reading about Sridevi backstabbing her friend. But was she really that friendly with Mona? I tried searching their images together. I didn't get a single one. May be, media was not intrusive then. Even if I presume that, Sridevi is always known to be reserved with everyone (not being friendly with anyone outside her family). How close she would have been with Mona? 
She used to stay in Boney Kapoor's house then. Obviously her relation with Mona must have been good. Whether she treated Boney as her friend's husband or Mona as her friend's wife, I have no idea. 

Agree, women who chose less successful men (like Madhuri) are doing fine. But who are we to say, choose less successful ones?(It is their life, their choice).
We would not have pointed Sridevi out, if Boney had divorced Mona before dating Sridevi. (Like how we don't condemn Kareena- Saif. We will not bother, if Hritik marries someone now). But Boney did not do that. Most men during that time did not do that. Rajesh Khanna, Sunny Deol..., inspite of  cheating their wives they never divorced. 

Agree with you on Boney being the biggest douche. Whoever was at fault (Sri or him). When Sridevi was getting assaulted, the fetus inside was his baby. He did nothing to protect his baby. 
Probably, Sridevi would have compromised on being Boney's second wife (along with Mona) just like Hemamalini was. But that incident must have changed her. 

I wonder about her children. Indian men are hypocrites. They certainly love their daughters. But to them, son is their heir. Whether it is Jhanvi or Anshula, they cannot  take up Arjun's place. Also, Boney as a father must have felt guilty towards his children from Mona. Now he might like to compensate them. If he changes now, Sri's daughters will loose both mother's and father's love. 
Whoever had done the mistake, all the four children are not at fault. How will Boney do justice to them, when he never did justice to both the women? (One did not get a deserved closure after being in a marital relationship. Another, never got the respect from society).