Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

How a film with a budget of 200 crore is a hit at 236 crore?

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
Why a 200crore film Padmavat is given a hit status at 236 crore.The returns signify that it is not a profitable venture. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OK you get me a copy of its budget then get me a copy of its earnings thus far then we an talk turkey ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Resident_Evil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
THANK YOU!!!! I was about to say that in the other topic but i digressed. This movie ain't no hit. ๐Ÿ˜ญ
YoursTrulyOne thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
hit/flop depends upon distributor share not budget
I_M_SultaN thumbnail
Originally posted by: YoursTrulyOne

hit/flop depends upon distributor share not budget

landing cost is 215cr as per boi

236cr will  have around 120cr share 
LegolasGondolin thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Himesh @himeshmankad
FollowFollow @himeshmankad
More

#Padmaavat is a MEGA BUDGET FILM. It would break even in India at Rs 190 crore. Verdict Chart: Rs 200 crore: Semi Hit/Above Average Rs 220 crore: Hit Rs 240 crore: Super Hit Rs 270 crore +: Blockbuster With the hype and content, the film can easily get hit/super hit verdict!

1:08 PM - 20 Jan 2018

Himesh @himeshmankad
FollowFollow @himeshmankad
More

#Padmaavat required approximately Rs 120 crore worldwide share to break-even, and by the end of its run, the India Theatrical Share itself would be approx. Rs 130 crore. The Overseas Share is nothing but overflow. Massive profits for all associated. CLEAN SUPER HIT!

Economics of #Padmaavat: Budget: Rs 220 crore (Including Print and Publicity) Recovery: India Share: Rs 130 cr (Exp) Overseas Share: Rs 48 cr (Exp) Satellite + Digital: Rs 85 cr Music Rights: Rs 15 cr Total Recovery: Rs 278 cr Profit: Rs 58 cr ROI: 26.36% Verdict: Super Hit

Edited by LegolasGondolin - 6 years ago
RVeeRAO thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
the verdict of a film depends on the price at which the DISTRIBUTORS bought the film,

and if the film can recover, ! NOT The Budjet 
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Isn't the worldwide collection almost 500 crore?
Resident_Evil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: LegolasGondolin

Oh that they are.. they wish it was their fav;s in it ๐Ÿ˜†

I dont think ANYONE wishes their fav was in it. Instead the ones who's "fav" is in it are probably sad that he and she were short-changed. ๐Ÿ˜‰ The only happy campers are Ranveer fans. 

Although i am pretty sure Aishwarya's presence might have elevated the movie. ๐Ÿฅฑ
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
^^ carry on day-dreaming...  no-one thinks the leads have been short-changed for anything...its just the haters consolation prize for themselves...

Too sad, the main person creating the movie didnt think of poor Aish, despite being her close friend... you are free to cast her when you make your own Padmavati...