Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyann

Kshitee Jog Saraswati Interview

Chamatkar thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Kshitee Jog (please close if repeat cybernoon)
Friday, October 06, 2006 11:45:10 IST
Actress
</>

How did you enter the television world?
My first experience with television happened, at the age of 17. It was in a Marathi serial on Doordarshan called Damini. I was an active participant in intercollegiate theatre. Coincidently, for one of my plays, the producer of Damini was present. Impressed with my performance, he offered me a role in the serial.

How has your theatre experience helped you?
I don't have any formal training in acting. Theatre is an acting school in itself. My experience with theatre has helped me tremendously. With theatre, you have an opportunity to improve, to rehearse with every show. Theatre experience inculcates discipline and teaches aspects like voice modulation, right pronunciation, etc.

Since your parents are well-known actors, is there any kind of pressure to always perform the best as an actor?
My parents are my best critics. They point out minute mistakes and also guide me. But they are happy to see me set a career in a profession that I enjoy the most. They never pressurised me to take up a particular profession but told me that there are no short cuts to climb the ladder of success.

What are your current projects?
Currently, I am acting in a Zee TV Marathi's daily soap Vadalvat, where I play the role of a young girl in her early 20's named Aalandi Chhatre, who is a crime reporter. Earlier, I did act in 4-5 serials on Zee TV Marathi. I also played an interesting role in the Hindi serial Tumhari Disha on Zee TV.

What are your future plans?
I am a part of a superb commercial play, which is to be released in November. I would like to direct a play later sometime in the future.

Edited by Chamatkar - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BengaliChica92 thumbnail
KOOL!
Thanks for sharing!
amba3393 thumbnail
wow...that is very informative!
lotsaattitude thumbnail

WOOOOOOOOWWWWW! awesome! thanx a lot for sharin! 😃
wazup thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thnx... got to know abt her
jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

she looks so cute in the picture!😳😳 wow! i wish her all the best! directing a play? how cool is that yaar! good luck for ur career kishtee!👏👏👏

AcquaDiGio thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: jigglypuff726

she looks so cute in the picture!😳😳 wow! i wish her all the best! directing a play? how cool is that yaar! good luck for ur career kishtee!👏👏👏

Doesn't she just, good luck, she is doing amazing on this show!

AcquaDiGio thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HariOm

Who are her parents?

"Hailing from a family of actors, with late veteran film actor Shanta Jog as a grandmother and noted theatre artistes Ujjwala and Anant Jog as parents, acting was bound to be in Kshitee's genes." quoted from an article by

RESHMA S KULKARNI

Edited by AcquaDiGio - 17 years ago