SAHIL IS THE REPLY TO ALL THE SPINELESS INDIAN TV HEROS

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 6 years ago
Another fanastic episode and another outstanding performance by Sahil. Does he have any filter at all? πŸ˜†

Always had wanted male heros to speak up and take stand for themselves but never seen any. The way Sahil takes an stand is totally outstanding. So far the best male characterization by miles. Now coming to the scene that stood apart was when Sahil came back home and gave perfect replies to Badi Ammi.
I loved how he reverted back to Badi Ammi saying that, becoming head of the family doesnt give her rights to force her opinion on anyone. He gave the money that Vedhika paid him for being charming salesman. Also said to Badi Ammi, if she can reverse the pain that she caused to his mom and family in last 24 hours. I mean you have to watch the episode man. He isnt someone to be standing there and do nothing. He is totally treat to watch. Never seen any characters to give such fittng and logical reply to anyone. JUST SO IMPRESSED BY SUCH A POWERFUL, INSPIRING AND CHARMING MALE LEAD. Sahil is freaking the best
PLEASE CV SHUT DOWN THE SHOW BEFORE IMAGING BUTCHERING HIS CHARACTERIZATION.Edited by crispsy - 6 years ago
Yt 2 watch da epi...bt a da reviews gt me excited :) n yes I agree Sahil is defo a breath of fresh air among da current lot which is most dominated my angry young man who keeps on insulting da heroin lol. 
Itz truly refreshing 2 c da hero 2 b dis immature yt so much mature at da sametime <3 luv hw he always keeps his ground tight. N yes even I hope cvs dont ruin him in da near future just 4 a da sake of trp! 
Edited by SRKian - 6 years ago
Originally posted by crispsy

Another fanastic episode and another outstanding performance by Sahil. Does he have any filter at all? πŸ˜†

Always had wanted male heros to speak up and take stand for themselves but never seen any. The way Sahil takes an stand is totally outstanding. So far the best male characterization by miles. Now coming to the scene that stood apart was when Sahil came back home and gave perfect replies to Badi Ammi.
I loved how he reverted back to Badi Ammi saying that, becoming head of the family doesnt give her rights to force her opinion on anyone. He gave the money that Vedhika paid him for being charming salesman. Also said to Badi Ammi, if she can reverse the pain that she caused to his mom and family in last 24 hours. I mean you have to watch the episode man. He isnt someone to be standing there and do nothing. He is totally treat to watch. Never seen any characters to give such fittng and logical reply to anyone. JUST SO IMPRESSED BY SUCH A POWERFUL, INSPIRING AND CHARMING MALE LEAD. Sahil is freaking the best
PLEASE CV SHUT DOWN THE SHOW BEFORE IMAGING BUTCHERING HIS CHARACTERIZATION.
yes yes yes...same I have to say...i want sahil to remain the same...i hope cvs don't change him to that kind of spineless male leads ..
Even I agree,  but for how long will his character stay the same.  Even I love when he stood up to amma and his response was on point.  But amma is stubborn  I have a feeling she will do something to Vaidika  when sahil goes to jail for helping her
Originally posted by angelk1

Even I agree,  but for how long will his character stay the same.  Even I love when he stood up to amma and his response was on point.  But amma is stubborn  I have a feeling she will do something to Vaidika  when sahil goes to jail for helping her
in one spoiler i saw that badi amma will come and insult vedhika and blame her for going behind sahil for money..and she will also take 'll bad about vedhikas character too..and after all this vedhika will ask sahil to leave the house...i think its a fake spoiler cos then when will that bday celebration and pani puri all will come
You got here before me but by god...what a man.

I'm so scared that they will ruin his characterisation sooner or later but for now and how long we have him for, I will enjoy finally seeing a real man on tv.

One who doesn't physically abuse women just to prove his 'manliness' or as we call it, playing into the angry young man trope that gets romanticised when it's genuinely creepy. One who doesn't get emotionally manipulated in the name of 'respecting elders' who are actually undeserving such blind respect.

Those two lines you chose are the best lines we've seen on TV uttered by a male lead so far (well for me).

Money can easily be repaid but the emotional abuse suffered by his mother can never be undone nor repaid...that Badi Amma lady is something else blaming his mother falling sick on him rather than seeing her hand in it.

Sahil's characterisation has been done really well. Usually I tend to think from the female lead's point of view,  but here I am thinking from Sahil's point of view.  He is just spectacular. He stands for what is right, is there for people when they need help and is very optimistic ,making people around him happy.
Nice to see strong yet lovable male characters in the telly world. 
Edited by Sanjana183 - 6 years ago
Sahil characterisation is a breath of fresh air in TV actually. 

Since ages we are seeing the trend of arrogant, angry rich businessmen MLs and we all know how they are crafted😳 where as Sahil is the opposite...he is today's youth, care-free attitude and in the moment guy.  But Sahil knows how to voice his opinions and he isn't going to bear any injustice whether it comes from his family in form of emotional blackmail.  He stands his ground firmly.

He didn't let himself get influenced by others whether it's his family itself.

He ll go for what is right either for himself or others.

Hats off to CVs to come for a character as Sahil hope they ll maintain the essence of the character in future and Karan has given life to character ...he is awesome as Sahil.

Bang on post! πŸ‘ I am also loving Sahil's character. 

To begin with Sahil, I have always loved May December romance. Not because it shows any unique thing but it shows the very basic which is needed to maintain any relationship. Most of the stories I've watched, in all of them one thing was common - evaluating your partner on the basis of his inside. In this kind of relation, one can never be superficial as this works as a minus for this genre of relation. The only thing matters here is partnership, the unconditional friendship between two souls who may belong to two different timelines, generations or eras. But they share something very common - mutual understanding, trust and respect,which I've already said are foundation of any relationship. And Sahil and Vedika's relationship has it,it shows already.

And now Sahil, he has made me happy enough. He is not at all confused, that's what makes me adore him. He respects elders but he doesn't bear tyranny, he flirts with ladies but he doesn't disrespect them, he doesn't toil(as he never felt it was needed for him to do mehnat) but he appreciates someone's hard work, he is naughty yet humble. He looks so humane. He is no saint on earth but he he knows to stand against the wrong fiercely. Such a bold characterization.πŸ‘

Yah I also fear he may get ruined. But I want to enjoy him as long as he remains original. 
Edited by ...Jes... - 6 years ago
Thank you Jes, Ahlam, Ziva, SRKian, Angel, Sanjana Kjofan for wonderful response. Hopefully we will keep getting best from the CVs. This show is special to me and i want to read more of your wonderful analysis on the characters and the show. It makes me happy.