Arnav-Khushi: Solace - Parts 1 - 4 [23/01/18]

Posted: 6 years ago

SOLACE

Index

Parts 1 - 4: See below

Author's Note, 23/01/2018: This is a story which I had begun more than a year ago, and which I had to discontinue at the time because life got too busy. That topic has since been locked, so I have created this new thread to take the story forward from where I left off. The first four chapters that I am posting today have been modified slightly, because my ideas for where I wish for the story to go, have changed somewhat. 
Edited by bunnykinaina - 6 years ago

PART 1

Ten days had gone by, and Arnav's restlessness had exponentially increased. So much so, that even books were of little comfort to him. He breathed into the musty smell of the yellowing page as he glided his finger over it in an attempt to focus his attention. It was futile. The words and letters jumbled before his tired eyes until they were a dizzying blur, and he felt his head even in the unearthly silence of the library. 

It was inconceivable, unheard of. Arnav Singh Raizada was the quintessential scholar; his concentration was indomitable. Never before had he been so distracted. His eyes were constantly roaming around, hoping to catch a glance of her, just to know that she was okay, so they could exchange their usual poker-faced nods by way of greeting, and go back to ignoring each other's existence outside of class. 

For the first time since he had known her, he almost wished that he had made the effort to befriend her. He could have called her to find out why she was not coming to college. Or he could have at least asked one of her friends. As it were, he could only rely on the snippets of conversation that he happened to overhear from time to time. And from the sound of it, her friends were just as clueless as he was. She was not unwell, that much was clear. She had simply decided to take some days off college for "personal reasons," and seemed to be refusing to take any calls. 

Arnav knew Khushi well enough to know that her behaviour was most bizarre, and it irritated him to no end that there was no way for him to get to the bottom of the mystery. 

Unbeknownst to him, some gossipy tongues were wagging about his behaviour too. It was hard to miss that he was unusually withdrawn and quiet. He did not express his annoyance when others disrupted the sacred silence of the library, he did not answer the professor's questions in class, he no longer prolonged classes by engaging in spirited debates about some theory or the other. The last, of course, was kind of understandable. After all, with Khushi absent, there wasn't really anyone Arnav could debate with. 

One year ago

All around them, students were throwing exasperated looks at each other. The class should have ended ten minutes ago. 

"I wish we were still in school," Lavanya murmured to her friend, Payal, "so the bell could ring and signal the end of class. Biggest disadvantage of college: the class toppers pick the worst time to begin their debates, and we have to suffer. Discuss."

Payal let out a half-giggle, turned her gaze towards her boyfriend Akash, and mouthed at him, "Tell him to shut up. I'm starving."

Akash only shrugged helplessly. Arnav Singh Raizada might be his best friend, but there was no stopping him when he had his horns locked with Khushi Kumari Gupta. And of course, she would not relent either. It was a matter of principle for both. Their rivalry ran too deep for them to concede even the slightest of points. After all, it was only a few points by which Khushi had beaten Arnav at Political Science last semester, and only a few points by which he had surpassed her in Economics. 

Next to Khushi, NK cleared his throat softly, but she ignored him and forged on, "Sir, I believe that Arnav's arguments in favour of consequentialist libertarianism are over-simplistic. His insistence on prioritising efficiency over justice is morally lamentable."

Arnav immediately butted in, "With all due respect, Sir, Khushi's idealism sounds theoretically pleasing, but when it comes to practice, her arguments are neither here nor there. Over-simplifying is precisely where the flaw lies in her stance, because she is the one insisting on there being moral absolutes, which is of course, laughably naive."

Pat came the reply, "It is laughable indeed that Arnav should bring in practicality into the equation, since his approach, for all its so-called pragmatism, is fraught with application issues. Which Arnav would have known if he had read the recommended readings for this class."

"There, there, Miss Gupta," the professor interrupted, the corners of his mouth twitching into an indulgent smile, "That's not a very fair insinuation now, is it?"

"Yes, Sir, I'm sure Arnav did read the recommended readings," Khushi conceded out loud, before she muttered under her breath, "Whether or not he understood them is another story."

Arnav had of course heard her but before he could say anything, a collective sigh of relief was heaved by the class, as the professor had finally decided to call it a day, and he had to content himself with narrowing his eyes slightly at her.

"Shall we?" NK said pointedly to Khushi. 

She looked away from Arnav and grinned at NK, as he slipped his hand into hers, "Chalo."

--------------

"Do you really have to argue all the time like that?" NK asked Khushi half an hour later, as they sat at their usual table at the cafeteria. 

"Well, it's technically debating, and yes, it does help refine one's own thinking when one engages with opposing viewpoints."

"Uff, I hate it when you use the pronoun "one" in your normal conversations. It sounds like you're lecturing me."

Khushi giggled at his expression, and ruffled his hair lovingly, as she said, "One loves it when you pout in annoyance like that. So cute!"

NK grabbed a handful of her French fries in retaliation, and continued, "Seriously, Khushi. It's like you're obsessed with him or something."

"With whom? That Raizada?" she burst out laughing, and then her eyes twinkling mischievously, she said, "Ahem, ahem. Is someone jealous?"

"You wish! This boyfriend of yours is way more handsome," he winked. 

Khushi hummed in response, trying to assume a deadpan expression. A second later, she was practically howling with laughter as NK began to tickle her. 

"Go on," he said playfully, "Tell me I'm the most handsome person you've ever met."

"No, no," Khushi gasped, breathless with laughter, "You look like a frog."

NK wiggled his finger along her ribcage again, causing her to erupt into laughter again, "Oh really? How about now?"

"A delusional frog!" Khushi shrieked, finally managing to squirm away from him.

Unfazed, NK threw his arm around her shoulder and squeezed it affectionately as he began to sing, "Chhupaana bhi nahin aata, jataana bhi nahin aata, tumhe humse mohabbat hai, bataana bhi nahin aata."

"So cheesy, Mr. Boyfriend!" Khushi rolled her eyes, but it was impossible to mask her smile. 

PART 2

Arnav yanked his head up from the book he was pretending to read, as a loud crash interrupted his musings. Khushi's boyfriend, NK, seemed to have dropped a pile of heavy books on the floor by mistake. Arnav observed him curiously. He looked somewhat tense and dark circles seemed to have developed under his eyes. Arnav's intuition seemed to scream at him that if there was any way of uncovering some of the mystery of Khushi's absence, it was through NK. Arnav immediately stood up and went to NK to help him with the books. 

"Thanks," NK said. 

"So, how's everything?" Arnav asked, as though he was the sort of person who engaged in casual small talk with people he barely knew. He sounded fake to himself even, and could not blame NK for looking mildly surprised. 

"Okay, and you?"

"Yeah, good."

And that was the end of their awkward conversation. 

Arnav began to move away, filled with an ardent desire to kick himself for being so inarticulate. Fortunately for him, though, Lavanya chose that moment to come to talk to NK, "Hey, Aman said you and Khushi broke up. Is it true?"

Arnav froze in his tracks.

NK took an infinitely long pause before he answered, "Yeah... I guess." 

Lavanya gasped, before launching into a frenzied flurry of questions, "What? But why? You've been together for years, how can it be? Is that why Khushi is not coming to college? Is she depressed? Has she dropped out for good?"

Arnav felt his mind spin into overdrive at her words. Could it be? Could the ever so chirpy Khushi actually be depressed? And that too over a breakup? Would a stellar student like Khushi really miss classes over something as pedestrian? He chided himself for being insensitive. Just because his relationships had all been short-lived and almost perfunctory, did not mean that everyone found relationships to be by and large a waste of time and energy. He had never quite understood what a bright and engaging person like Khushi saw in NK, but it seemed that she loved him quite deeply after all. For some reason, the thought was somewhat unsettling. 

He shook himself out of his thoughts to focus his attention back to NK and Lavanya, but NK merely dismissed her questions and walked away. 

Arnav took a deep breath and composed himself. There! His innumerable questions had been answered. Khushi had broken up with NK and that was why she had taken some days off college. She would surely be back soon. And he could go back to being normal now. The final exams were only a month away. This was no time to get distracted from his relentless pursuit of excellence. 

Arnav was right when he had assumed that Khushi would be back to college soon, for the very next day, there she was across the lawn, unmistakably so, in the bright yellow kurta that she wore once every two weeks.

But she no longer glowed as she once used to. Next to the bright yellow, the dull paleness of her face was exceptionally striking. She smiled and chatted to her friends, (excluding NK), but he could distinctly sense that something was amiss. She was only feigning normalcy. Her smile lingered at her lips and did not reach her eyes.

"Dude, why are you staring at Gupta?"

Arnav tore his eyes away from Khushi instantly. Akash was scrutinizing him keenly.

"I wasn't staring at her. I was thinking about something else and she just happened to be in front of my eyes."

"Really?" Akash raised an eyebrow skeptically, "So why were your eyes following her every move?"

"It's not what you're thinking."

"I think it's exactly what I'm thinking," Akash smiled impishly, "Rumour has it she's just broken up with NK and is freshly single, and you're thinking you might score."

"Shut up!" Arnav exclaimed, more forcefully than he had intended, before grabbing his backpack and storming away from a shell-shocked Akash.

Arnav rarely lost his temper, and he never recalled having been so angry with Akash. Akash was his childhood friend, diametrically different from him, and yet, one of the few persons who understood him the most. That was perhaps the reason why Akash's insinuation that he was looking to "score" with Khushi was hurtful. A part of him also knew that there was something very strange in the way his mind had become consumed with thoughts of Khushi, and his anger was probably directed towards himself for his inexplicable behaviour.

He sighed.

He should not have shouted.

He turned to go back towards Akash to apologise, and found that his friend was already walking towards him.

"Dude, I was only joking," Akash said, looking sheepish.

"Sorry man," Arnav interrupted, "It's these finals. They're stressing me out."

He did not know why he had lied. He was very close to Akash and shared pretty much everything with him. But what could he possibly have said? That he now spent the majority of his time thinking about Khushi, but that, contrary to what one might think, there was nothing romantic about it? It sounded ridiculous enough in his head for him to refrain from saying it out loud.

But it was true, he insisted to himself. What he felt for Khushi was just normal concern. After all, as much as fervently as he debated and competed with her, he had a lot of respect and admiration for her academic abilities. In a way, she felt a lot like a friend, even if they did not exactly talk to each other outside of classes.

Maybe he should talk to her, he decided. 

The opportunity presented itself a few hours later at the library. Khushi was at one of the long tables poring over a textbook, her lips moving soundlessly as she read.

"Khushi," he said softly, as he approached her. 

"Raizada?" she responded automatically, looking up at him, her eyes red and swollen. 

He realised, a second too late, that they had never been on a first name basis, but shrugged off the thought. 

"Uh, I brought you the notes for the classes that you missed. Just in case."

"You brought me your notes?" she said, her brows arching up in surprise. 

"Yeah, well, finals are coming up, and I figured you'd need to catch up fast if you want to have a chance at beating me for the class medal."

"That's very nice of you," Khushi said, but her smile did not reach her eyes. 

"You're welcome," Arnav said, tongue in cheek. 

"Oh yeah, th-thank you. I was about to say thank you."

"Like I said, you're welcome."

"I'll give these back to you on Monday. Would that be fine?"

Arnav nodded, and asked, "So, uh, you're okay, right?"

"Yes, I am," she said politely, her eyes belying her words, and Arnav had no choice but to walk away.  

PART 3

A day later, when Arnav saw Khushi, it was possibly in the last place he would have imagined. 

He had gone to the hospital to pick up his sister, Anjali, from work, and was waiting outside her cabin for her last consultation to end, when the door opened, and Khushi walked out. As their eyes met, he could see that she seemed extremely flustered to find him there. Tiny beads of sweat began to glisten near her forehead as she began to hyperventilate and sway on her feet. 

Arnav immediately strode forward and holding her awkwardly by the shoulders, sat her down on one of the chairs in the corridor. 

"Are you okay?" he asked, "Do you want some water?"

"What are you doing here?" she asked after some time, her voice sounding exhausted, broken. 

"I came to meet my sister, Dr Anjali Jha. Is everything okay, Khushi? Why are you here?"

Khushi looked positively panic stricken on hearing his question, but with what seemed like a tremendous effort on her part, she composed herself and said firmly, "Look, I guess, Dr Jha would tell you, but... you can't tell my parents or anyone. I will have to tell them eventually, but I will choose how and when I want people to know. Is that clear?"

"Know what?" Arnav asked, confused. 

"It's none of your business!" Khushi snapped harshly, as she tried to get up. 

"It's okay. Relax. Whatever it is, firstly, Di won't tell me because... client confidentiality and ethics and all that. But even if I knew, I wouldn't tell anyone. You can trust me."

Khushi didn't respond. If anything, his words only caused her face to flush in anger. His mention of trust inevitably brought back heartbreaking memories. Before she knew it, she had passed out.

Twelve days ago

"What do you mean you're pregnant?" NK repeated, stunned. 

"What do you think I mean?" Khushi replied, her heart pounding in frenzy, as she was struck with a heavy sense of foreboding, as though pre-empting what was to follow. She had known NK for four years now, ever since their first day at college. She steadied herself, and willed herself to hope, against all hope. 

"Khushi," NK said sadly, looking away, "I can't... I mean, it's a huge responsibility. And I... I am still in college, I don't even have a job. I can't possibly be a father. Not now. I mean, I have plans, right? I have to build my career, travel the world. There are so many things that I... You know all that. I only plan to, like settle down and stuff when I am in my mid-thirties. And honestly, I really, really like you, but I never thought about marriage and stuff. I mean, that was to be for later. You know that, right? And I don't want to feel like I got trapped into a marriage. I have plans... I just... can't."

Her heart sank at his words, but she tried not to show it. This was no time to show weakness. 

"Plans can change, NK," was all she could muster without breaking down entirely.

"Do they have to, Khushi? I know I probably sound really selfish, but it's not just about me. Look at you. You have a promising future ahead of you. Do you really want to throw all of that away for a baby? I mean, you can have all the babies in the world later, right? Why now?"

"Because the baby's here now," her tone rising dangerously, as tears welled up in her eyes. 

"Be practical, jaan. We can't have this baby right now."

"I can." 

"What's wrong with her, Di?" Arnav insisted, as he helped carry Khushi's frail form back into his sister's cabin. 

"Chhote, why do you keep repeating the same thing? I told you it's just fatigue." 

But Arnav could easily add two and two. In any case, the framed pictures of dimpled babies on the walls of his sister's cabin were screaming out the answer. 

"Is she pregnant, Di?"

Anjali glared at him irritably, and said firmly, "Just leave, Chhote. I'll ask Shyamji to come and pick me up later."

"She's... she's my friend," Arnav said earnestly, "Maybe I can help  -"

"If she has to tell you, she'll tell you herself."

Arnav's protests died away before the no-nonsense tone of his elder sister, and her unusually stern look, daring him to defy her. 

Deep inside though, she felt herself soften before her brother's sincere plea. No matter how hard she tried, she was never able to maintain the professional detachment that doctors were supposed to have. She cared for her patients as though they were her own kin, and could not help but go out of her way to lessen their suffering. And in that moment, more than medical care, it seemed that Khushi needed the support of a friend. 

But that would be Khushi's decision to make, not hers. 

"There's nothing you can do, Chhote," she said, placing the palm of her hand against his cheek, "And you must leave now. If she sees you when she regains consciousness, she might get agitated. She is very weak right now, physically and emotionally. We must be careful."

Arnav nodded in resignation, "I'll wait for you in the cafetaria. Dr. Ansari is already here, waiting to take over your shift. Let me know when you're done."

He stole a last glance at Khushi before leaving, and felt a poignant ache as he took in how fragile and vulnerable she seemed. This was not the Khushi he had known for the past four years. 

Four years ago

This was it. Finally. Arnav felt a deep sense of contentment as he walked through the college gates into the sprawling compound. He was nervous, for sure, but mostly, filled with a deep sense of pride at having finally made it to one of the most prestigious colleges of the country. He was determined to prove himself worthy of the opportunity he had received and make his mark. 

Barely had he made it through the archways leading to the faculty building, however, that he tripped over someone's outstretched leg and landed on the dusty ground. A loud burst of raucous laughter from a group of seniors ensued. Ragging. Arnav closed his eyes momentarily to control his anger before getting up and brushing the dust off his clothes. 

"Hey new boy," one of the seniors called out, "We like you, man. As soon as you came, you fell to our feet to ask for our blessings. Sure, you missed our actual feet by, like a mile. But we do appreciate the gesture. So guess what. We've found you a girlfriend."

Arnav began to leave, but the seniors grabbed him and pointed to a girl who was standing with them. She had that bright, wide-eyed look about her, that clearly marked her as another fresher. 

"Here you go, here's Khushi Kumari Gupta. Go on, won't you give her a kiss?" the seniors jeered, "Is she that ugly?"

"Stop it!" Arnav said angrily, as he tried to pull himself away from their grip. 

Strangely enough, Khushi seemed unperturbed and did not look scared in the least, to be surrounded with such a rowdy group. That was the first thing that struck him about her. Even as she stood calmly, she exuded a distinct aura of confidence and strength, like a person who was mature beyond her years. The second thing was her t-shirt, which read, "I'm just here for a Muggle Studies project." He could not help but smile slightly at having stumbled across a fellow Potterhead. 

"Look, just do it and we'll let you both go," one of the seniors said.

Arnav was wondering how to get out of the situation, since directly confronting the seniors would only land him and Khushi into more trouble, when a professor chose that very moment to pass by.

"Professor Khurana," the new girl called out cheerily as she walked to wards him casually. Arnav would later learn that he was a family friend of Khushi's. 

The seniors exchanged a look of trepidation, and began to disperse. The college had a very strict anti-ragging policy, and nobody wanted to get on the wrong side of it.

That was the Khushi that Arnav knew, fearless, determined and quick-witted. He would later come to also know her as a very bright and hardworking student, and generally, a positive and cheerful person. 

The defeated look he saw on her face when he met her outside Di's cabin was very unsettling.

PART 4

The sleepless night had not been of much help to Arnav. He still did not know how to approach Khushi.  The problem was that they had never really been friends, in part because of his own introverted nature, and in part because, very early on, they had both insisted on being each other's academic arch-rivals. He had always regarded her with a grudging sort of respect and admiration, but only secretly so, and that was it. But now, his waking hours were consumed by her thoughts, his dreams were haunted by the pain he had seen her in. He wanted to reach out to her, but at the same time, knew that she was highly self-respecting, and might misconstrue his sudden cordiality for pity. 

As it turned out, she was the one who approached him. 

She walked up to him with the notes he had lent her and that he had managed to forget (this, coming from the Arnav who was ordinarily so possessive about his notes, was quite the shocker in itself).

"Thanks," she said politely. 

Her eyes were still puffy and red. But they held defiance in their hues of molten hazel, as though she were daring him to say anything about their meeting at the hospital. Beyond the defiance, however, her vulnerability was palpable. She looked like she might break down any minute. 

"You're welcome," Arnav replied, as she turned to leave. 

"Khushi," he called out, as he strode forward to catch up with her, "I want to talk to you... about yesterday."

"I don't want to talk about yesterday," she said flatly, her eyes spitting fire. Her insistence on standing her ground even as it shook so precariously beneath her feet was admirable. 

"I just want to say that even though we haven't really been friends in the past... I... it pains me to see you in pain. And if I can be of any help -"

"You can. Just stop talking about it. And I'm fine, I don't need anyone."

Her eyes were slowly filling with heavy, helpless tears.

He tore his eyes away from her and looked around. There were around a dozen people in the common area. Soon they would begin to  stare curiously at the duo, not least because it was so unlikely for Khushi Kumari Gupta and Arnav Singh Raizada to be striking up a conversation. The last thing he wanted was for them to see Khushi in a vulnerable moment. So he gently held her by the wrist and gestured her to come with him. She began to protest but he gave her a pleading look, and she gave in and quietly followed him. He was not sure why she gave in so quickly. Maybe she did not want the others to see her cry either, or maybe she was just exhausted. She certainly did seem so. 

Arnav took her to his office, where he was working as a research assistant to a post-doctoral student at the college. Thankfully, the post-doctoral student and the two other research assistants were not at the office when Arnav and Khushi got there. He unlocked the door and politely asked her to get in. 

"Look, Rai - Arnav. Maybe you do mean well, but I really want to be left alone."

"Do you?" he insisted, "You don't have to be alone, Khushi."

"I don't trust anyone," she said firmly, but in a broken voice. 

To that, Arnav had no answer. He nodded in resignation, and said, "It's okay, Khushi. But whenever you feel that you don't want to be alone anymore - "

"Why are you doing this?" she questioned, her cheeks beginning to flush with barely contained anger, "Is it pity? Or some sort of community service project? You are planning to do your postgrad in the U.S. after you graduate, yeah? Is that going to be part of your C.V., that you helped some poor unwed mother by feeding her with some filmi motivational drivel?"

Arnav could not deny that her words, her accusations, stung. But he could not blame her. NK had let her down. She had no reason to trust a mere classmate who until a few weeks ago, had barely even spoken to her outside of class.

"Look," he said quietly, brushing away his hurt, "I don't know I'm doing this, talking to you and stuff. But it... just feels right, you know? I don't want you to feel alone and, like sad and stuff."

"Do you love me?" Khushi blurted out. 

After sparing a second of stunned silence at her bluntness, he burst out laughing. 

"I know, it seems like that," he smiled, once he had recovered, "With all these filmi dialogues that I'm spouting! But no, that's not it. I just... I kind of, in a weird way, consider you as a friend, and I've known you for a long time as a very strong person. It feels so... strange to see you... like this."

She smiled back slightly, "You must be a nice person, Arnav. But it's hard to believe that you don't have any ulterior motives."

"I'm actually an exceptional person, Khushi," he quipped, "You would have realised that in the academic sphere itself, my abilities far surpass yours."

He had only intended for her to lighten up a bit, by reminding her of how they used to compete in class, in a time that seemed like an eternity ago. But to his alarm, tears began to leak out of her eyes as she said,

"You're right, I'm a complete idiot. I always prided myself on being very smart, but here I am, still in college, with three months to go for graduation, and pregnant. How could I be so stupid? I just didn't think - And NK... NK -"

She could not continue anymore. She broke down and crumbled into tears, raw pain she had hitherto suppressed tearing itself out of her throat like an uproar, a silent scream of devastation. 

Something seemed to snap inside Arnav when he saw her in that state. 

He did not stop to think. 

He immediately wrapped his arms around her shaking shoulders, and engulfed her into a tight embrace. She had not anticipated the hug; he could feel one of her elbows poking against his ribcage. But he did not let go. He held on, stroking the back of her head, until gradually, the intensity of her sobs began to lessen. 

"What will I tell my parents?" Khushi breathed into his chest after some time, "It will kill them that I let them down so badly. I can't face them, I can't face myself. I feel so stupid, so ashamed, so... so... dirty for having... having let my body get used in this manner. Like a... like a..."

A surge of anger razed through Arnav's being at her words, the ones she had uttered, and the ones that remained unsaid. He was filled with a burning desire to pummel NK's stupid face bloody for making Khushi feel that way about herself. It wasn't even about Khushi really. It angered him that any girl could be made to feel dirty and used, after she had been with someone out of love. What an asshole NK was! 

"Don't say that, Khushi," he said sharply, "If anyone has to feel ashamed, it's the person who couldn't man up and face the consequences of his actions."

She sniffled and slowly disengaged herself from his arms, and looking up at him, she said, her voice laced with desperation, "How will I tell my parents?"

And he could only wish that he had an answer to give her.  

Wonderful start to the story and a place that so many young girls find themselves.  They are keen to discover sex and their sexuality or get carried away being in love, often forgetting that its not the guy but they who have to bear the consequences...i think the curiosity is natural plus our society's far more conservative views on dating and sex b4 marriage, makes the forbidden fruit more exciting so I can understand why Khushi got carrie away. And she loved and trusted NK. But where the rewards are high, so are the risks and a teenage boy / young adult whose hormones are running wild is a very bad risk!

Though i am left wondering.. why would not Khushi abort? She is young, bright and has a whole life ahead of her.  Yes it may feel like a crime to abort the baby and kill a life but is it really fair to bring a child into this world knowing that he or she will be known as a child born out of wedlock and in a society like ours, will face all that comes with that. What is the guarantee that she will not resent the child at a later stage because life would be very different if she choses to have the baby. You cant be stupid twice!

And I say this with experience. A dear friend got pregnant when we were in college.  They were too young to get married and decided to break up.  My friend was v clear that she was going to get an abortion.  She couldn't tell her parents that she had broken their trust but more so cos she felt she had not even begun her life and she wouldn't be fair to a child if it was born this way and then. I still remember hiding our faces and taking her to a clinic to get an abortion done and trying to find explanations for my mom so as to why this friend was unwell, staying at our home and not being taken to the doctor!!  

She is a very successful professional now, is married, has two children.  Her husband knows her past and she firmly beleives that life would have been very different and probbaly very difficult if she had decided to keep her first  baby.  

Would love to read more!
Edited by DMGFan-2b-not2b - 6 years ago
nice story.. would love to read more..!!!!!
Excellent story NK is a jerk as he let down khusi after using her but i think arnav will come up n marry her so to protect her from humiliation.
I hope you continue this time
Hey 
Awesome start!
Literally made me speechless, like its only 4 chapters and I'm already into the story 
Loved every bit of it.
Great, proceed, would like to read further