Being a vegetarian is better...?

Posted: 17 years ago

Being a vegetarian whether moral reasons or either religious commitment. Is it actually proven to be better for your health by being a vegetarian...reports show that eating meat could possibly cause breast cancer http://www.newstarget.com/021071.html.

There are many alternatives to eating meat such as quorn...not that i am personally a vegetarian. What are your thoughts?

well i m not a pure vegetarian but from last 10yrs i had not eaten non-veg not even egg
being veg is good in fact very good.
take an example of an egg - Protiens u can have it from pulses and give more protiens as compare to egg
carbihydrates - more in one bite of banana
iron u get in corn flakes more and not in egg
moreover if u go cost wise also...fruits r seem to b much cheapar

i have been a vegetarian all my life.... and i think its great (although i can't really compare 😆 ) but i feel healthy and i can't think of eating animals 😕   

although i am anemic... but im not sure if that's got anything to do with my diet... cos i eat the same food as my family and they seem to be fine 😕

On Doctor's orders, I am a strict non-vegetarian
Its definitely good for the animals in target group. 😆

To be fair in certain climates animals are the choice of food so it depends on the conditions one is living in. Religious beliefs also dictate food habits thats tough to change.

Originally posted by Jatayu

On Doctor's orders, I am a strict non-vegetarian

Doctors want 2 earn their money.

once our sir told that first we have a chapter on diet i.e which foos is good and which is bad in our climate, which is easily available and what food not to eat during  certain disease and all such that but new curriculum doesn't have it and opur Sir was really annoyed

And no doctor gives advice to eat non-veg

if u r  heart patient u have to cut down on ur meat part and not ur veg

Doctor always gives advice to eat leafy veg and fruits

Originally posted by realitybites

Its definitely good for the animals in target group. 😆

To be fair in certain climates animals are the choice of food so it depends on the conditions one is living in. Religious beliefs also dictate food habits thats tough to change.

can u b specific.... i mean which region r u talking abt

as far as religion is concern every religion encourages  non-violence and love to animals 

Im a non-vegetarian..not all the time..
im a total foodie..

😉

Im not sure if it better than vegetarian meals.. but definitely I get to have more variety...

Edited by caramelcj - 17 years ago
Originally posted by savie

Doctors want 2 earn their money.

😆 Hope that Dr. is not someone we know 😉

I read these kind of articles every now and then. Sometimes they say being vegetarian is good, then they have ones that say vegetarian don't get many good source of protein and other things and that is not healthy etc. Anyways, I think being non-vegetarian is not that bad, if you know limits and healthy choice.

what say doc? 😛
Thanks for the info. I am glad I am vegetarian for all my life. No food is better than vegetarian food.