Fawad Khan| Jennifer Winget| Sriti Jha| SS: Saathi Rey Shot 7 Pg.13 - Page 10

Posted: 4 years ago

Shot - 7

Rahul chuckled wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"Common Tia, you know you're my best friend. Ab tumse mazaak nahi karunga toh kisse karunga?" He spoke up, bumping her shoulder with his in an affectionate gesture.

"Yeah. Yeah, whatever!" Tia grumbled under her breath making Rahul chuckle again as he dropped a kiss on her hair.

"Hi, Rahul!" Aru smiled at him opening her arms wide for a hug.

"Hi, Aru!" Rahul scooped her up in a hug happily as  Tia looked at them with a tinge of bitterness.

That scent, those subtle hints of rose and orange flower wafted through his senses again.

Rahul nuzzled a bit into her hair, letting her fragrance wash over him.

It was the same, the very same scent he used to be crazy about all those years back.

"Hi, Tia." Aru smiled at her politely as the latter too greeted her with a small smile.

It was there, that strong vibe of repulsion she always felt from Tia, though she hadn't even conversed with the girl properly.

"Come on guys, let's get some drinks!" Wasim announced and everyone started walking towards the bar.

"Bubli nahi dikh raha, koi usse bataa do yaar ki Aru aayi hai..!!" Arjun commented cheekily getting a smack from Aru on the head in return.

As everyone gave their drinks orders to the bartender, Bubli made their way towards them.

6 feet two inch of height with thinning hair and rippling muscles, Bubli, Wasim's brother made everyone and everything in the room look like a tiny existence.

And as expected he went straight up to Aarohi who had just taken her cocktail given to her by the bartender.

"Hello, Aarohi." The muscle man spoke up, with an easy smile.

"Hi, Bubli. My God, did you get more handsome than the last time we met?" Aru smiled at him.

His cheeks turned adorably red, which was cute as even for a guy with rippling muscles Bubli had a soft heart.

"Thank you. You look beautiful as always." He replied, a bit shyly.

Aru thanked him while Arjun mouthed awww as she turned to look at the younger Kapoor making her giggle a bit.

Arjun jumped off his bar stool to meet the muscular guy and so did Rahul as Tia watched the three of them catching up, meeting their old friends and it made her jealous of Aarohi cuz she was an important part of the man's life who meant a lot to her, they had grown up together, had been friends since childhood and something more which she could sense between them something which Rahul wouldn't tell her about.

The speakers put up a lively beat as everyone started getting on the dance floor and Arjun brought in Tia too holding her hand, where the group was in the middle of the dance floor, with drinks in their hands.

Arrey Ladki Beautiphul, Kar Gayi Chull!

"It's my favorite song!" Aru told Rahul over the music, as the music set them grooving.

"Yeah?" Rahul smiled fondly as Aru cutely swayed on the peppy tunes of the song.

"Let's dance then." He spoke up, holding her hand gently before twirling her, making her giggle cutely. Cheers went up that very moment as everyone raised their glasses, enjoying the beat of the song.

Dekh tera rang sawla hua bawla

Ladki nahi hai tu hai garam mamla

Rahul watched in awe as Aru danced, her body swaying and grooving to the song so effortlessly. Her moves were smooth and careless like a soft seduction and for the second time in the evening, Rahul had to remind himself that this was the same Aru he had seen that day on the hills, performing a beautiful piece of Radha-Krishna Leela with grace and elegance that he had never witnessed before. But hasn't she always been full of surprises?

Bolti band meri kahu kya bhala.. kuch bhi kaha nahi jaaye

O.. naache tu Delhi hille hai London.. matak matak jaise Raveena Tondon..

Aru noticed that look of fascination on his face amused and wriggled her eyebrows at him playfully making him laugh a bit. If there was one thing which hadn't changed about her would be her cuteness. She was still the goofball of adorableness she used to be all those years back.

"Kapoor! Come naa?" Aru spoke up, holding his hand.

Aag lagane aayi hai ban than.. goli chal gayi thay..

Rahul joined her as he cutely imitated shooting a gun at her with his fingers making Aru laugh while Arjun cheered from the bar.

Nikhre vileyti.. ego mein rehti

Tashan dekhati full..

Arrey Ladki Beautiphul, Kar Gayi Chull!

They did the hook step of the song in sync with each other and there was no looking back after that. Rahul and Aarohi had set the dance floor on fire, dancing their hearts out. They even invented some of their own innovative steps just like the old times. Somewhere in between, when Rahul was trying to copy a step that Aru doing, she couldn't help but laugh at his cuteness for he was doing it all wrong. 

Tia didn't know why but since day one when she met Aarohi for the first time, she had felt a strange aversion for her. Maybe, it had something to do with the way Rahul had looked at Aarohi. Maybe, she didn't like the fact that there was another girl in his life apart from her. 

And her dislike for Aarohi didn't seem to come to end rather intensifying with every passing day. As she watched Rahul dancing with Aarohi, matching his steps with her, Tia couldn't help but wonder since when did he started dancing? He never did back in London, no matter how much Tia would request him. 

Meanwhile...

Tired of dancing, Aru sat down on the floor itself making Rahul chuckle, "Tired?" He asked her, kneeling down in front of her.

"Exhausted!!!!" She replied rather dramatically.

"Come on, you're a dancer Aru. I expected better from you." He spoke up, teasingly as Aru narrowed her eyes.

"I'm a dancer but that doesn't mean I have an inexhaustible reservoir of energy." She replied, cutely. 

Rahul laughed, "Achha."

"Why don't we one thing? Let's go and get something to eat." He suggested and adored that child-like twinkle in her beautiful coal eyes.

He offered her his hand which Aru took immediately and got up with a smile. 

As they got off the dancing floor, "Why don't you wait there and I'll get us something to eat? Your legs must be hurting with all dancing." Rahul suggested to which a smile lighted upon her face.

Leaning in she kissed his cheek, "Thanks, Kapoor." 

Although it was nothing but a gesture of affection from a friend to another yet Rahul could feel his heart leaping with joy.

He smiled, "Wait for me." He spoke up, caressing her cheek lovingly.

Tucking his hands into the pockets of his jacket, Rahul went towards the pool area where they had some food stalls set up and the kiddos partying too.

Maybe, he could also check on Neerav once. 

Among many others, when Rahul spotted a Mexican counter, he just knew what he had to order for them.

After placing the order for Cheese Tacos and Salsa, Rahul looked around the pool area which was jam-packed with youngsters who were having their own fun with music, food and colorful mocktails with different flavors.

One of them with bright shades of orange and yellow in a tall spiral glass intrigued him the most. Rahul had to admit that Wasim had done every bit to make sure the kids have a blast.

Be it be those cute party props everyone could be seen doning, sparkling hats and funky glasses or the top chartbusters blasting off the speakers.

He could spot a group of kiddos playing Uno in a corner and Rahul couldn't help but wonder if these youngsters were actually enjoying the party more than the adults who were inside, wasting away their time in drugs, weed, and alcohol.

His cocoa eyes were looking for Neerav in the crowd and he didn't really had to look around much to find him for the youngest Kapoor was sitting far away from the dancing crowd on a corner. And he wasn't alone!!

There was a very beautiful teenage girl with him and Rahul didn't have to think twice before guessing her to be Aisha. They were holding hands, sharing pizza, talking among themselves, lost in their own world.

Looking at them from distance, Rahul was instantly reminded of him and Aarohi, during their teenage years. 

Wasn't parties used to be one of their excuses to spend time with each other away from their parents' eyes? A wave of nostalgia ran through, thousands of memories rushing past him in a go.

"Cute haina dono?" Rahul heard Arjun speak up from behind, startling him a little. Yeah, Arjun too had been keeping an eye on his younger brother.

"Huh? Yeah. Bahout." He replied, rubbing the corner of his eyes, gently. Well, some memories still hurt. Even after all these years.

"Seems like we have another lovesick teenager in our Kapoor family. Carrying forward your legacy." Arjun remarked, chuckling a bit as he took a big swig of his beer.

"I was never a lovesick teenager." Rahul spoke up, defensive.

"Oh plueeze! Yaad dilao main? You weren't only a lovesick teenager but annoyingly cheesy too. Teri aur Aru ki woh late night phone conversations, razai mein ghus kar. You should be thankful that I didn't kick you out of the room." Arjun replied, shaking his head making Rahul laugh a bit.

"Aur woh school camping trip yaad hai? If I would be honest, you both were this close to getting murdered by me and Wasim." Arjun exclaimed before adding, "Humne toh tum dono ki dead bodies ko rafa dafa karne ke bhi saare plans bana liye the." 

Rahul laughed imagining Arjun and Wasim plotting and planning their murder. Such days they used to be. 

"I didn't knew we both irritated you guys so much." Rahul replied as a matter of fact. 

Arjun smiled, "You guys didn't irritate us. We were more like jealous. You both were just so perfect for each other that it hurted."  

Rahul looked at his brother surprised, which had Arjun chuckling.

"Yeah, yeah. I know we don't talk about our teenage days but I guess being here has made me very nostalgic." He explained.

"We were jealous because we knew we basic asses were never going to find a love like you guys aur hume bas unn temporary relationships aur hookups se kaam chalana padega.

And the most beautiful thing was, you both were sure it wasn't just some attraction or a fling or an infatuation. It was LOVE. pure, true love. It could be seen in your eyes, it's like you guys were meant to be together all along.

You both needed an excuse to hold hands, and remember when you both used to sneak away to watch the sunset together and to snog maybe?" Arjun chuckled, resting his glass on the bar table.

Rahul smiled a bit, hearing his brother. After that unfortunate incident, that wrecked their lives all those years back they had rarely talked, let alone being in touch.

So hearing his brother, talking, sharing his feelings about their teenage days to him gave immense happiness to his heart.

"well, we didn't snog just so you know!" Rahul corrected his brother, laughing.

"I really thought that you both would marry one day and have kids who would have been the cheesiest versions of you both and live happily ever after. But what happened?" Arjun looked at his brother.

Rahul rubbed his hands over his face.

"Life happened, Arjun. I guess destiny didn't want us to be together." He gave his brother a small smile.

"Well, I think that destiny wants you two to be together warna dekho naa, itne saalon baad you guys met together again." Arjun smiled at his brother, giving him a pat on his shoulder.

When Rahul came inside, holding two plates in either of his hands Arjun's words were all that were echoing in his mind.

They met again after all these years, and was it just a coincidence? What if it was destiny's way of telling him that there was a second chance to their relationship?

He spotted Aru sitting in one of the couches a good bit away from the party, having a conversation with a guy as he walked towards them.

"Look Soham, I told you I'm not into drugs or weed neither do I smoke. Occasional drinks are fine but don't get the wrong idea about it." Aru spoke up, firmly.

"I know, Aarohi. But don't you even want to try? I swear I just rolled it up for you, try it for me. Please." Soham tried to push the weed cigarette into her hand.

"And why the hell would I want to try it for you? Soham please." She replied getting a bit irritated.

Rahul kept the two plates on the table as he came up to them.

"Soham, mate I think the lady already made her choice. It's best you respect her wish." Rahul added politely.

"And who the hell are you to tell me that?!" Soham spoke up, irritated.

"Her Boyfriend and I think the fact that Aru just said that she doesn't smoke or is into drugs/weeds, should suffice for you to back off. It's perfectly fine for her to be uncomfortable, not everyone likes to be loaded or drunk. So I think you should leave her be. Or should we do this the hard way?" Rahul spoke up firmly, folding his arms.

Loved it dear

Awesome part

Aru & Tiya are 2 adverse characters but I should say that their affection towards Rahul is beautiful

I can feel Tiya jealousy & it's obvious for her as she had not seen Rahul the way he is 

Arjun taking about Rahul & Aru was really sweet 🙂 even till now things arn't changed much 

Party ambience was just beautiful I could imagine everyone having a great time 

I think Rahul thoughts will turn towards Aru from now on after his friends had grilled him nicely

Let's see what happens next

Thanks for the PM

Continue soon 🙂

Nice update... But was short.. I love the way the story is moving.. Thanks for the PM dear...

Res cause I need to catch up with the story. 

Will unres soon. 

Lovely superb fabulous fantastic update dear

Thanks for pm

Keeping The Thread Alive. ❤