Rishta Likhenge Hum Naya

I am rejected by channels as I don't look my age : Ashish Kaul

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
By TellychakkarTeam

Talented actor Ashish Kaul needs no introduction.

While there are a plethora of established faces who have enjoyed and ruled the TV space, they are enjoying playing pivotal supporting roles now.

However, Ashish is one handsome man who continues to charm his audience just like he used to in his salad days. Currently juggling between three shows - Ishq Mein Marjawan (Colors), Rishta Likhenge Hum Naya(Sony TV) and Kaal Bhairav Rahasya (Star Bharat), the man gets candid about his career.

Ashish shares, "I have been known to juggle between four shows but that was in 2004! The thing is I am 48 but I don't look my age... else I would be doing fatherly roles. I am offered cameo roles and the makers plan my entry when there is need to spice up the drama.

The actor also mentioned that he is often rejected when the casting process reaches the stage where the channel needs to approve.

"I am rejected by the channels as they would want a father and I may not fit the bill because I don't really look that old. But yes, where they may need a slightly younger father with negative traits, I am pulled in as I fit their requirement. In fact, I am known for negative roles! I choose to do shows where my role is meaty and I chose Kaal Bhairav Rahasya because of the same reason apart from it being a good TRP show.

I am not a very popular face among the channels. I am known on the creative level and I am glad to have significant work coming my way, he said.

Kudos Ashish!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters