MsChanadlerBong thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago
Hello hi people! So I decided to a write an os after a very long time, in case you've noticed 😆 So this random idea came into my mind last night and I thought to pen it down. I had plan to write an SS but its difficult to keep readers interested and even more difficult to keep updating it so jus an os. Its inspired by this drama series that I have been watching called Maya (Love) and ed shereen so perfectly made song, perfect. Its kinda long and isn't really good but anyways.😆 Feedbacks are appreciated.  BTW I have linked the song below.

perfect 

We were just kids when we fell in love, not knowing what it was, 
I will not give you up, this time!

Her eyes were fixed in the moon but her heart flew further than that. Water drizzled from the sky and so did her tears. Clutching her bridal skirt on one hand she let her hair open, each flying to the tunes of the wind. She was tired, tired of everything. Her feet were sore but what hurt was the fact that her heart was too. She was hurt and she didn't know how to heal. 

How could he? Was all she pounded over as time had stopped long ago. Hours had gone by yet she was still transfixed in the moment, there, all dressed in her room waiting for the best moment of her life to occur only to find her dreams crashed down when she heard the words she never had imagined to hear. 

"The groom ran away from the wedding." 

It didn't matter how much she tried, she couldn't stop thinking about that particular moment and all that happened after was blur. She still couldn't get why had he done that? He was the one who wanted to marry in the first place then why did he leave her? On their wedding day! On her decorated Mandap! Maybe he never loved her! She was the crazy one in love. He may have chickened out cause he didn't want her after all. Or maybe, maybe he was gay! 

Shreya wanted to laugh at the possibility, it could be true after all, taking in his strange behaviour. If the reason was that then she wasn't to be blamed, was she?  She shook her head when finally concluding it couldn't be true. She was thinking silly and she blamed it all on those couple of beers she gulped down to subside her pain. Did it help? Not even a bit. 

"You're going to be sick if you stay longer in the rain," a deep voice startled her. She didn't have to turn around to find out who it belonged to. His words brought her back to reality where she finally realised that she was soaked and slightly shivering. "Come in, will you?" The voice said again, this time sounding more close as she felt his presence behind her. 

She looked back at him, her childhood friend. His orbs pierced her gaze and she felt as thou he was looking into her soul. His hair was messed up and worry could seen in his beautiful face, he was truly a masterpiece and she couldn't help but agree that Rehan was lot more handsome than his brother. There once was a time when her world revolved around Rehan. It was until he left her and flew away with his mother after his parent's divorce that they parted their ways never knowing they would meet again. And today he stood in front of her, their equations changed overall now that he was not only her childhood love or her annoying best friend but her husband. They were in a messed up relationship! 

Rehan looked back at his wife. Her face laced with pain and her tears hidden by the rain drops. Where was her smile? Where was that mischievous glint in her eyes? Where was her challenging demeanour? All he saw was a hurt and broken girl who no longer believed in fairly tales. What had his brother done? He knew he couldn't wipe her tears as he had no promise to make her pain disappear. He could do nothing and this helplessness made him feel sick of himself. 

"Can you dance with me?" Her voice interrupted his chain of thoughts as he looked at her confusedly. She bit her lip, embarrassed at her sudden request yet she spoke again,"Remember the time when I wanted to learn dancing for the wedding and Rohan had sent you instead of coming himself? He had backed out then like today." She sighed softly before continuing,"I wanted to dance and since we didn't get to amidst the mess, can we now?" 

She forwarded her hand towards him, asking him for a dance. But it meant so much more for her than a simple sway of bodies. He hesitated for while before grabbing it and bringing her closer. They were too close but it didn't matter. He slowly moved her and himself. They danced to the silent night without any music and they didn't want any, the voice of their heart were louder than any. 

Darling just dive right in
And follow my lead

He looked down at her while her eyes were everywhere but him. "Rohan sucks in dancing. He can't dance to save his life." He said out loud not being able to stay silent anymore. 
She looked at him surprised, before she smiled slowly, and then chuckled in reply. "Yes, he is a very bad dancer. He wouldn't stop stepping in my feet every time we tried." 

Rehan smiled at her, satisfied to see her smile before twirling her round. 

I'm Dancing in the dark, with you between my arms 
Barefoot on the ground 

"Why did you you do it?" She asked after a few moments of comfortable silence. "Why did you step in for him?" And he knew she meant the time when he stepped in instead of his brother for the dance classes and today when he stepped in to marry her instead of him. But how could he explain it to her? All the reasons why he did it, when he himself wasn't clear of his intentions. Maybe he cared a lot for her than he thought he did. 

Or maybe he was still in  that childish love with her! Maybe he hadn't moved on at all. All those numerous girlfriends were just an unsuccessful attempts to forget her. Maybe he was still living in their happy bubble and it didn't matter to him, whatever he was feeling cause her happiness was the most important thing for him. And her happiness lay not with him. Her happy ending wasn't with him and he loved her enough to let her go. 

Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man

He wrapped his hands around her waist as she pressed her forehead against his chest. His grip tightened and he knew at the moment, he didn't want to let to go but he had to cause he knew, 

She had fallen for his brother and not him,

She felt her heart rush at the sound of his own while ignoring the fact that she was still into him as much as she was when they were younger, but she had her feelings hidden under the impression that her childhood crush for his brother was her true and first love. All while thinking, 

Why had she fallen for his brother and not him?

I don't deserve this,
Darling, you look perfect tonight. 

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=817P8W8-mGE[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by PanchaliKaArjun - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ramya_98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Reserved.
Sam, you're back with a bang!
Unres
Hey Sam! Just read the story again, it is pretty cute. The concept is a unique one and I love the song <3
Keep writing.

-Rammy ❤️
Edited by .moonglade. - 6 years ago
Shamz15 thumbnail
Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3
Loved it Sam ..all I can say is mil jaaty Hai Jo bany ek duje ke vaasty...she was destined to be with Rehan..😳
Thank you for the PM 
Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Ohh myy goodness who is that idiot who broke my sautan's heart😭 I love you babe🤗

It is my favrt Ed Sheeran song god knows why shape of you is overrated and not this! 

Coming to story ye tou isse Padhne wali jitni hi sundar hai!  The way you described her inner turmoil and the way she was haughty enough to say her runaway hubby is gay just so she feels better gives out vibes of very normal girl...  You know how we're no?! 
 someone asked me few days back will you slap your ex for a million dollars and I was like I would drive a tractor over him even for a bar of snickers dude😆

That guy Rehan well he's quite sati-savitri kind of lad... He was penned well too:) 

Waise
Dance without music- kuch kuch hota hai
Stepping in for wedding dance practice as substitute for groom - Namaste London 
Loves a girl silently - gayab
This Rehan guy i(or shud I say you) s total Bollywood material 🤣

Well written sautan, grammar and phrasing too🤗

I want a sequel as a return gift of your birthday 😳 you know winter(Birthday) is coming !🤣
Edited by Zephyr. - 6 years ago
slippedaffairs thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
reswa!!
sam this looks so exciting. 
unress

holy shit! Sam I need a continuation.
the song's perfect 😆 cuz it's of Ed Freaking Sheeran! 
the grammar, the feels - they are swoon worthy.
amazingly written.

" Her eyes were fixed in the moon but her heart flew further than that. Water drizzled from the sky and so did her tears. Clutching her bridal skirt on one hand she let her hair open, each flying to the tunes of the wind. She was tired, tired of everything. Her feet were sore but what hurt was the fact that her heart was too. She was hurt and she didn't know how to heal. 

How could he? Was all she pounded over as time had stopped long ago. Hours had gone by yet she was still transfixed in the moment, there, all dressed in her room waiting for the best moment of her life to occur only to find her dreams crashed down when she heard the words she never had imagined to hear. 

"The groom ran away from the wedding." "
 You captured the emotions so well Sam. The dilemma, the hurt, the feeling of being dejected. The groom - salaa kutta kameena. ( yeah I tend to swear on asshole men in stories ) 🤣

Rehan looked back at his wife. Her face laced with pain and her tears hidden by the rain drops. Where was her smile? Where was that mischievous glint in her eyes? Where was her challenging demeanour? All he saw was a hurt and broken girl who no longer believed in fairly tales. What had his brother done? He knew he couldn't wipe her tears as he had no promise to make her pain disappear. He could do nothing and this helplessness made him feel sick of himself

So there is the hero, the knight in the shining armor, tbh even if he loves her, you know them being best friends, it's kind of sad how both of them got thrown into this situation. this was so heartfelt coming from him and totally portrays his care for her.

And damn! the dance, it's so beautifully written with the emotion portrayal, I can totally imagine it happening in front of me.

and i love it how they made fun of the doggi!!! 🤣
how can so sweet rehan be the brother of someone like Rohan, bhaag gaya, darpok!

She had fallen for his brother and not him,
Why had she fallen for his brother and not him?

and this is a touchdown moment, the ironic situation with the song, the emotions on high, them wanting to be together as well as a need to leave, the regret.

SAM!!!! I am crying. I NEED A CONTINUATION !!

LOTSA LOVE
- sanju

ps : HAPPY NEW YEAR
Edited by -Wandstruck. - 6 years ago
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome OS Sam😃
Beautiful song⭐️
Edited by Nonie12345 - 5 years ago
enthusiastic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Lovely OS sam
Thanks for pm
Well written
pooja_sanu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wooow such a short and crisp words...really loved it
Seraphina231 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Reserved 😳
This was really beautiful Sam.
I loved the way it was written and the way the characters were shaped. Shreya (dammit, it is weird that someone has my name) was a character of many layers, and I like how you have represented her. Rehan is the sort of guy who has a very nice vibe to him. The kinda guy you can't help but liking. 

I like the way it has so much hope, through the jumble of emotions and that really has come out well. Loved it, Sam and you really need to write more pieces like this. 😳
Edited by Shrinika13 - 6 years ago
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
This OS was full of hope and love! The presentation was amazing! :D