Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Originally posted by: Luna99NB

People did use small ships to travel over chenab. 
Rest I agree with you 

Correct & they were boat-like structures used for small travels.
Courageous_Leo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hi
I am new to this forum. Was exited about the show. But seeing the same old tactics feeling disappointed. Saw the promo. Yes there is similarity to Bahubali. Atleast for me. The actors are good . But I hope that this show doesnt become another crap fest and a joke in the name of history like what happened toChandra Nandini and many other shows. 
Atleast for once let the makers show at least 1% history. Shows are not only meant for entertainment esp historical and mythological ones.
I am looking forward to Alexandar The Great. That dialogue by his mother was really uncalled for...Muqaddar ka Sikandar ðŸ˜†
Edited by Courageous_Leo - 6 years ago
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think it's high time that show makers stop taking the audience for granted because we live in different era of Internet & documentary where all one need is to search & click the right source of information. History is a very sensitive genre & mustn't be tempered with un-necessary facts& must rather stick to the core facts.
MeowMori thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
The main problem for Sid Tewary shows is that he preaches too much through his shows that actually breaks the immersion. 
Also my big problem with Porus is not its inherent fakeness, but Sid projecting it as the unknown historical saga of Porus which supposedly on he and his "research" team knows. 
He's claiming to show real history in this show instead of a fictionalised account of Porus' ( or any other historical figure) life.
He's claiming that things that happened in his show are what happened in real history. 
Even the most renowned historical fiction writers claim that they used creativities in their stories and that what happened In their stories don't necessarily reflect the real history. 

The best historicals are made when the author manages to include undistorted historical truths and fictionalizes only details that has not been a part of history. 
Like in Ashok Banker's Ashok Book, there's a character called Noor Khorasan who plots against Ashoka.
That's not what probably happened in history but since we know zero about Bindusar's wives except for Dharma,  that character was a permissible inclusion. 
Also the fictionalised account of  Ashok's exploits in Taxila in the same book. 
We know Ashok served as a satrap In Taxila but did we know W*F happened there?
No,  that's why The author has freedom to write whatever he want. 
And he thankfully doesn't pretend that he is writing the real history. 
He has maintained that his books are a fictional account based on facts. 
(if the name Noor Khorasan seems to familiar to you, CAS was based on this series of books in the beginning. 
The writer later withdrew support from the series as the storyline wasn't shaping up with respect to his visions )
Every Indian Historical Is full of distortion nowadays,  so much so that every single producer out there thinks its their Duty to distort the history for their own propaganda. 
They think fake history gets the trps,  but also I can't remember a single historical show which got a chance to complete it's entire storyline in the recent times due to falling trps. 
Granted,  even the so called historically accurate Chandragupta Maurya on Imagine TV didn't get to complete it's run, but that was an unfortunate incident that happened due to the closure of the channel 
Given its huge budget , I don't really think Sony will allow Porus to survive if it doesn't get huge(read 1.5+) trps in the first 1 1/2  months.
And it's hard to get 1+ trps consistently when you're a sony TV show. 
And the first week was a drag so...