All hails to the Baahubali galore!!!!!

Posted: 6 years ago
Hello forumwasis,
This is my first post in this forum. Like everyone else, I have been waiting for this show because of the amazing trailers it  presented.

Since, there is not much in History about Porus or his roots, so I expected a highly fictional version of his life from the beginning. Porus is a name known in the history only because of Alexander from whom the former was defeated in the Battle of Hydaspes.

Greek civilization in that time was much more rich than ours. One reason being Greek civilization came into existence much before Indus valley civilization as per Historic records. So, a lot of literary & historic records are available on Alexander & on everyone who was directly or indirectly related to him because they were rich in record keeping even then.
Information about Indian rulers is primarily known from Mauryan empire's aka Chandragupta Maurya's time.

Excellent view shots, a little bit crappy VFX (After seeing Game of Thrones, Baahubali & other foreign shows VFX, everyone would feel that way), awesome background music score & marvelous acting by the actors.

But after watching the precap today, I am done. I mean seriously just because you don't have much information on the history of an individual, doesn't mean you copy cat it from the movie that was entirely fictional. They literally copied the entire Purava Rashtra storyline from Baahubali. Couldn't they come up with something original for once & stop using Vijendra Prasad's imagination of Baahubali & fictional world of Mahishmati.

Shivdutta- Bhalladev
Anusuya- Shivagami/Devasena
Bamni- Baahubali Sr.
Porus- Baahubali Jr.
Lacchi- Avantika

Indian makers should either make an entirely fictional TV show without playing with any of the Noted History characters or do some thorough research on these characters if making a historical show at all.

So much information is given on Olympias & Philip, yet they chose to show it in such disgraceful way. 

Such height of fictional.

I am so tired of seeing Baahubali kind of action in almost all the history based Indian TV shows now. Chandranandini on Star Plus showed Chandragupta's birth in that way ( ruined the entire show for me with that) & now this. I am all set for a little bit fiction in the real history as you have got to imagine some things about that time & characters there. But such imagination can't be acceptable in a historical show about 2 legends with no relativity what so ever. It's like makers have created their own version of Porus & Alexander in this show that are no where related to the original ones. I hope they don't ruin Alexander here. That man has a lot written about him which might not be precise but yet close to reality of that era.

So, technically next week we have to see TV style Baahubali action.

PS- No bashes but I was disappointed by lack of originality with this track. And I had to lent this frustration out.
Edited by arshi_asya - 6 years ago
Welcome to the forum dear...bahubali is one of my favourite movies and i would have really loved had bamni anusuya love story was like bahubali devsena but i dont find it like that.They were much better moreover this story is too rushed. They are not even giving time to audience to connect to characters. Bahubali was a very confident king while bamni is a confused king...he can be easily influenced and manipulated by others. Moreover, the kind of revenge he took at anusuya also shows that he has no much knowledge about right and wrong. Thus bamni and bahulbali are really different personalities. Even devsena and anusuya dont share similarities. Devsena dint married bahubali for some union dream but because she was impressed by him and fell in love. She fought for herself in front of bahubali mother, kept her self respect above everything due to which she had to leave the mahal with bahubali. Here anusuya said yes for the marriage just for her swapna to see a united bharat. Nothing mattered to her more than this dream. A princess accepted to live as a aarthic in mahal just because she dint wanted to be the reason of a war...instead she wished unity among indians. Her dream means that much to her that she dint took a minute to forgive a person who wronged her so badly as she knew her forgiveness will help the nation take one step towards unity. When she says ek bhool aapse huyi aur doosri main hone nahi doongi...its just shows what all was going inside her. Thus i dont find these stories same at all. You said after precap you felt like this...then let me inforn you that bamni is not dead...there is a twist in tale as aditya is still shooting and we have spoilers about how will bamni become after he will came to know that anusuya is dead. (Though she would not actually die)...so ofcourse he cant die now. Moreover shivdutt is after anusuya from day 1 as she belong to takshilla whom he considers enemy...so its nothing like that bamni is dead and he is after anusuya to kill her child so that vansh khatam ho jaaye. And anusuya gives birth to her child in well while devsena gives birth in mahal only and anusuya doesnt dies while holding the child up. Bahubali son wasnt groomed under pirates. There is no mother saving story involved here...porus is born to protect bharat. Please point some of the similarities for me to understand how porus side story is similar to bahubali. Even the looks arent inspired from bahubali...the big sets and title song is inspired though.  Edited by EtherealRati - 6 years ago
Regarding history and facts...i dont think anything shown right now is history actually...everything is made up...out of place...atleast now...hope they improve and move with historical facts in future. I pity those people who are watching porus and believing that this is history. I know such people exists because i am watching people catching the show around me. Moreover i myself believed that they are showing truth until and unless some forum members enlightened my path that this is not history. You are right...jinka history mein likha hain unka hi itna wrong present kar rahe hain...toh jinka nahi likha hai...un characters ke saath toh najane kya hi kar rahe honge. And feel free to put your thoughts here...i dont think anyone will consider constructive criticism as bashing here. The forum is filled with mature people. ðŸ˜ŠEdited by EtherealRati - 6 years ago
I am so glad people here are willing to discuss history vs fiction in a historical show. Because in some other show forums they discard the entire matter with one line "This show is for entertainment. Watch it if you like or read books if you want to catch up the real history".
Because honestly I am tired of seeing these TV makers distort entire history & some legendary historical characters for their so called inspirational historical fictional show. 

Sony went a step ahead. They didn't even bother to put a disclaimer with this show.

In my opinion, you can play with dialogues a little, bit of play but not with the characterization & the reality that defines that era & those characters.

Color coordination- A good concept for feel but highly fictional. In which Indian kingdom have people wore the similar colored clothes. Macedonia color coordination is fine since they wore similar dresses but in Indian context, that's plain weird(in my opinion).

Day 1-4 VFX looked spectacular but today's episode's VFX looked highly odd. I wonder if this is the 500 million magnum opus.

Such shows depict that Indian TV industry is yet to go a long way to give out quality & soothing VFX that don't look odd at times.

Such discussions help people revive the real history through discussion & remind people that such TV shows can never be substitute of what's written in the books.

Besides this show is set to cover about 250 episodes. I have no idea how much character assassination are they going to do in this show.

Why don't these makers understand the fact that history can't be tarnished on the name of creative liberty, especially in a TV show.

I think we'll have to wait another week for the main characters to land in the show. God help me bear this upcoming week.
Originally posted by EtherealRati

Welcome to the forum dear...bahubali is one of my favourite movies and i would have really loved had bamni anusuya love story was like bahubali devsena but i dont find it like that.They were much better moreover this story is too rushed. They are not even giving time to audience to connect to characters. Bahubali was a very confident king while bamni is a confused king...he can be easily influenced and manipulated by others. Moreover, the kind of revenge he took at anusuya also shows that he has no much knowledge about right and wrong. Thus bamni and bahulbali are really different personalities. Even devsena and anusuya dont share similarities. Devsena dint married bahubali for some union dream but because she was impressed by him and fell in love. She fought for herself in front of bahubali mother, kept her self respect above everything due to which she had to leave the mahal with bahubali. Here anusuya said yes for the marriage just for her swapna to see a united bharat. Nothing mattered to her more than this dream. A princess accepted to live as a aarthic in mahal just because she dint wanted to be the reason of a war...instead she wished unity among indians. Her dream means that much to her that she dint took a minute to forgive a person who wronged her so badly as she knew her forgiveness will help the nation take one step towards unity. When she says ek bhool aapse huyi aur doosri main hone nahi doongi...its just shows what all was going inside her. Thus i dont find these stories same at all. You said after precap you felt like this...then let me inforn you that bamni is not dead...there is a twist in tale as aditya is still shooting and we have spoilers about how will bamni become after he will came to know that anusuya is dead. (Though she would not actually die)...so ofcourse he cant die now. Moreover shivdutt is after anusuya from day 1 as she belong to takshilla whom he considers enemy...so its nothing like that bamni is dead and he is after anusuya to kill her child so that vansh khatam ho jaaye. And anusuya gives birth to her child in well while devsena gives birth in mahal only and anusuya doesnt dies while holding the child up. Bahubali son wasnt groomed under pirates. There is no mother saving story involved here...porus is born to protect bharat. Please point some of the similarities for me to understand how porus side story is similar to bahubali. Even the looks arent inspired from bahubali...the big sets and title song is inspired though. 

See the point here is not how much similar Porus & Baahubali are. There is no record of Porus life except for that of Battle of Hydaspes (courtesy to Chanakya at that time & Greek accounts which mention the same). Of course the storyline is not exactly same as that to Baahubali. But they have taken many things from Baahubali. The entire birth of Porus has been taken from Baahubali bit little bit of changes. Since Baahubali has come & we all know by heart what that story contains, it is odd that makers had to play this in the exact same way. I don't want to compare what happens to the lead characters as compared to those of Baahubali. But man they have taken the concept indeed.

Besides did Greeks even know of India then. NO. It was late when they discovered a civilization that lived across Himalayas. A lot of accounts prove that.

Too much fiction
Originally posted by arshi_asya

I am so glad people here are willing to discuss history vs fiction in a historical show. Because in some other show forums they discard the entire matter with one line "This show is for entertainment. Watch it if you like or read books if you want to catch up the real history".
Because honestly I am tired of seeing these TV makers distort entire history & some legendary historical characters for their so called inspirational historical fictional show. 

Sony went a step ahead. They didn't even bother to put a disclaimer with this show.

In my opinion, you can play with dialogues a little, bit of play but not with the characterization & the reality that defines that era & those characters.

Color coordination- A good concept for feel but highly fictional. In which Indian kingdom have people wore the similar colored clothes. Macedonia color coordination is fine since they wore similar dresses but in Indian context, that's plain weird(in my opinion).

Day 1-4 VFX looked spectacular but today's episode's VFX looked highly odd. I wonder if this is the 500 million magnum opus.

Such shows depict that Indian TV industry is yet to go a long way to give out quality & soothing VFX that don't look odd at times.

Such discussions help people revive the real history through discussion & remind people that such TV shows can never be substitute of what's written in the books.

Besides this show is set to cover about 250 episodes. I have no idea how much character assassination are they going to do in this show.

Why don't these makers understand the fact that history can't be tarnished on the name of creative liberty, especially in a TV show.

I think we'll have to wait another week for the main characters to land in the show. God help me bear this upcoming week.
i seriously believe when a producer turns to a historic show...he should take the responsibility that whatever he is showing is not distorting the facts. Because generation today is not much aware about history...and koi maane na maane    aise historic shows ki story ko hi log sach maanne lagte hain. So producers shouldnt make historic shows if they cant put authencity in them and just want a masala story for trp. Masala story chahiye toh fictional show banaye...king aur queen par bhi fictional shows banaye ja sakte hain. Making an historic show is a big responsibility and such shows are not just supposed to be just for entertainment. Though i will give benifit of doubt to makers as sometimes there are three or four versions of a single historic incident and they ofcourse have to choose one. Moreover ...in porus story...very less info is available...so for making a show...they will have to add fictional elements. Though i am disappointed that even history ...which is there and can be followed is being overlooked. I agree regarding same color dress for one kingdom...it visually looks great but ofcourse there was nothing like ..ki ek kingdom ke log ek rang ke hi kapre pehante honge...though this can be overlooked as its just for increasing the visual appeal of the show. That much liberty toh they should get. They did tried their best to make it big looks wise...if you watch indian hindi shows...porus VFX is better than them ...its a good effort.. ab yeh pehla step hain...dheere dherere kar ke hi aage badenge indian shows. I just hope they go with facts in furthur story and not much distortions are there. Showing that alexander was born as a result of rape was a disastrous blunder.  Edited by EtherealRati - 6 years ago
I still dont find the similarity between bahubali and porus. The birth scene has no similarity...bamni is not dead...shivdutt doesnt wants to kill porus for kingdom ...anusuya gives birth in well (this has not been shown anywhere till now) and the child is thrown in river and pirates will find it. Now child being in river and somebody finding it to mahabharat se chala aa raha hain (karan and kunti) ...yeh toh phir bahubali ne bhi churaya hi tha. I dont feel they have cheated the concept from bahubali kyonki yaha story bilkul different hi ja rahi hain. Regarding olympia being aware of bharat and saying alexander uspar raaj karega...my mom was laughing...alexander wasnt born to conquer india but the world. Olympias wanted the world and the name "sikander" was given by indians to him...olympia toh usse pehle hi mukkaddar ka sikandar bula rahi hain. ðŸ˜†
Originally posted by EtherealRati

I still dont find the similarity between bahubali and porus. The birth scene has no similarity...bamni is not dead...shivdutt doesnt wants to kill porus for kingdom ...anusuya gives birth in well (this has not been shown anywhere till now) and the child is thrown in river and pirates will find it. Now child being in river and somebody finding it to mahabharat se chala aa raha hain (karan and kunti) ...yeh toh phir bahubali ne bhi churaya hi tha. I dont feel they have cheated the concept from bahubali kyonki yaha story bilkul different hi ja rahi hain. Regarding olympia being aware of bharat and saying alexander uspar raaj karega...my mom was laughing...alexander wasnt born to conquer india but the world. Olympias wanted the world and the name "sikander" was given by indians to him...olympia toh usse pehle hi mukkaddar ka sikandar bula rahi hain. ðŸ˜†

@bold.
Exactly the point. Mtlb apne legend ko hero dikhane ke liye kuch bi. Most likely Greeks weren't even that aware of the Indian civilization back then. Alexander waited for days to find route to Indian land & then there was rain.
 I wish they could have followed 1 episode a week concept. That format keeps the story intact without unnecessary dragging & also maintains the authenticity of the historical show.

Guess, Indian makers will take time to follow Season concept.
Originally posted by arshi_asya

Hello forumwasis,
This is my first post in this forum. Like everyone else, I have been waiting for this show because of the amazing trailers it  presented.

Since, there is not much in History about Porus or his roots, so I expected a highly fictional version of his life from the beginning. Porus is a name known in the history only because of Alexander from whom the former was defeated in the Battle of Hydaspes.

Greek civilization in that time was much more rich than ours. One reason being Greek civilization came into existence much before Indus valley civilization as per Historic records. So, a lot of literary & historic records are available on Alexander & on everyone who was directly or indirectly related to him because they were rich in record keeping even then.
Information about Indian rulers is primarily known from Mauryan empire's aka Chandragupta Maurya's time.

Excellent view shots, a little bit crappy VFX (After seeing Game of Thrones, Baahubali & other foreign shows VFX, everyone would feel that way), awesome background music score & marvelous acting by the actors.

But after watching the precap today, I am done. I mean seriously just because you don't have much information on the history of an individual, doesn't mean you copy cat it from the movie that was entirely fictional. They literally copied the entire Purava Rashtra storyline from Baahubali. Couldn't they come up with something original for once & stop using Vijendra Prasad's imagination of Baahubali & fictional world of Mahishmati.

Shivdutta- Bhalladev
Anusuya- Shivagami/Devasena
Bamni- Baahubali Sr.
Porus- Baahubali Jr.
Lacchi- Avantika

Indian makers should either make an entirely fictional TV show without playing with any of the Noted History characters or do some thorough research on these characters if making a historical show at all.

So much information is given on Olympias & Philip, yet they chose to show it in such disgraceful way. 

Such height of fictional.

I am so tired of seeing Baahubali kind of action in almost all the history based Indian TV shows now. Chandranandini on Star Plus showed Chandragupta's birth in that way ( ruined the entire show for me with that) & now this. I am all set for a little bit fiction in the real history as you have got to imagine some things about that time & characters there. But such imagination can't be acceptable in a historical show about 2 legends with no relativity what so ever. It's like makers have created their own version of Porus & Alexander in this show that are no where related to the original ones. I hope they don't ruin Alexander here. That man has a lot written about him which might not be precise but yet close to reality of that era.

So, technically next week we have to see TV style Baahubali action.

PS- No bashes but I was disappointed by lack of originality with this track. And I had to lent this frustration out.
Seriously...Though I loved Bahubali, I feel it is a movie having vfx extravaganza and simple story thread. But about Porus, it has got an impressive concept and solid story. I just want the story sticks to its originality.Also I really dont want Riputhaman being Kattappa here..😉
I respect ur views topic maker as u have ur own POV . I also dont see d ssimmarilarties b/w bahubali & porus, its opening montage has been copied by bahubali but still its is far diff from bahubali. Porus is protector of india , bahubali was not protector of india.in bahubali there were politics 4 d throne but in porus shivdutt luves bamini but hate anusuya coz she is taxsila princess, he is not after throne till now. When porus reality will be revealed & will come back 2 claim d throne, maybe that time shivdutt intentions will be revealed coz porus has his own thinking unlike bamini.