What is so evil about ambition?

Posted: 2017-12-01T10:34:23Z
Why is ambition and the desire to conquer seen as evil? A powerful person would always want to exercise their power. I don't find anything wrong with wanting to expand your boundaries. The one who preaches the so called 'live and let live' philosophy is either weak or a fool. Alexander the great was a legend and will always be a better ideal than those that preach complacency and expect others not to attack them
2 Likes this
Posted: 2017-12-01T11:30:20Z
Blame Gandhi for it!!!!

I am watching this web series and in it the hero says yeh ahimsa sirf hum hindustanion ke liye hi kyun?? Go tell Hitler and British to sort out things with ahimsa!!!!

1 Likes this
Posted: 2017-12-01T11:54:16Z
Originally posted by SweetRogue

Why is ambition and the desire to conquer seen as evil? A powerful person would always want to exercise their power. I don't find anything wrong with wanting to expand your boundaries. The one who preaches the so called 'live and let live' philosophy is either weak or a fool. Alexander the great was a legend and will always be a better ideal than those that preach complacency and expect others not to attack them

Ambition is everything. This is One of the prime things i have learnt and nailed it in my brain. Nothing wrong with it. Alexander was one of the smartest warriors and his tactics were applied during wars for a long long time even after him. But my question is who questioned him abt him being evil here bcos he was ambitious ? Could u elaborate
1 Likes this
Posted: 2017-12-01T13:08:19Z
Originally posted by darkwarrior200

Originally posted by SweetRogue

Ambition is everything. This is One of the prime things i have learnt and nailed it in my brain. Nothing wrong with it. Alexander was one of the smartest warriors and his tactics were applied during wars for a long long time even after him. But my question is who questioned him abt him being evil here bcos he was ambitious ? Could u elaborate
i believe...the tm is talking about makers point of view. The way they are showing alexander as paschim ka grahan. Though he was no grahan ...he was a great waarior. 
1 Likes this
Posted: 2017-12-01T13:11:28Z
I dont think being ambitious is wrong but a lot of people end up getting killed in wars. Even those people have families...so if two nations can reside with peace without fighting...than i feel thats a better thing than one nation attacking other just to increase the ruling space. A war shouldnt happen without a reason just to increase power.
3 Likes this
Posted: 2017-12-01T17:05:10Z
Ambition is not wrong and it can never be wrong.Ambition is like a fuel which drives us to expand our thoughts and vision so that we can utilise our potential completely and achieve something.
There is a reason why Alexander is called Alexander The Great.He did something which immortalised him in history.There was and never will be a second Alexander. 

What is wrong is excess of it.Just like excessive tolerance can harm an individual so can excess of ambition.What is required is a right balance between the two.Otherwise there can be disastrous after effects which we have noticed in both the World Wars.WW I was the outcome of Kaiser William II's obsessive ambition afterall.

Coming back to Alexander,he was not a villain and he will never be.Whether he was right or wrong is a matter of perspective.From Alexander's perspective he was doing the right thing by seeking to fulfill his dream of ruling the world.From Porus' perspective he was doing the right thing by defending his motherland. 
So neither of the two were wrong.
3 Likes this
Posted: 2017-12-01T22:37:41Z
I bag to differ. Being ambitious was and is never wrong. If it is in positive ways.. But if ambitions are of a few people to conquer the world n gain huge fame what will it lead to? The king's name will be written with golden words in history.. What else? The thousands of people in army will have to roam for months  n fight n get injured n die..  What will their widows, parents n kids get by this fame of king? What about the people whose lives r destroyed whose state  the king attacked?
I don't intend to hurt any1. N i don't know much about history. This is my POV in general. Thank u.
1 Likes this
Posted: 2017-12-02T03:31:24Z
Being ambitious does make u evil , as we say that if u think about urself does make u evil, but sad 2 say 4 indians alexender will always be a villain coz like other invaders he also invaded india, he will never  be called as hero. Porus was d hero coz he stopped alexender to invade  india.
I feel in this serial alexender is not shown as villain, as main villain is that business man daius. They told porus & alexender had diff thinking , so i guess porus & alexander both r leads of show , they will highlight porus more coz he is d protector.
0 Likes this