Porus

To the makers. - Page 2

Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Okay Baba Tewary and Co. I understand that you telling the Indian version of Battle of Hydaspes but please don't mess with Grecian history. Theirs was a great culture that at no point should be maligned or tampered with. 

Greece was the entire country that was divided in various kingdoms. Just like Bharat had various ruling families and kingdom. Olympias was from Epirus and Philip was from Macedonia. Secondly he wasn't a warhead of a nomadic tribe. He belonged to the Argead Dynasty. One of the most powerful ruling dynasties of Ancient Greece. Olympias belonged to the House of Molossians. It was a coming together of two powerful dynasties. Olympias wasn't given away as trophy to Philip. She chose her husband. Greeks were very liberal as far as women rights were concerned. It was almost a replication of what we had here in India. So stop screwing it up that bad. 

Also usage of Urdu. Please for heaven's stop it. Urdu was a language invented in India in 1300s when a mixing of Persian and Indian languages took place. It wasn't in existence in 350 B.C. it sounds horrible to ears when the visuals presented are that of ancient world. It would have better if they spoke Greek and you gave us subtitles or made them speak Tadbhav Hindi like in Chandraprakash Diwedi's Chanakya. It really doesn't gel well at all.

Also what was that Olympias's rape? God that woman was power driven; she didn't drive a wedge between Philip and Alexander because she was wronged but because she wanted to be the most powerful woman of all times. Don't malign the Greeks please. Theirs was as beautiful a civilization as ours.
Edited by Meself - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChelseaAmolak thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I know Macedonians Speaking Hindi Looks Odd 😆,But What Will They Speak , English Or Any Ancient European Language ,Get Used To It.,Maybe Be Producer Thought It Will Be Still Not Be Apt.

And About Islam ,I Heard Somewhere ,Darius is Of Zoroastrian Religion (Pre-Islamic) Religion , But All Actors Lack Some Edge In Language.

I Dont Not Know About Greek History So I Don't Know About ,But I Love This Olympia.😉 But The Production House Must Have Done Enough Research On History And Is There Any Disclaimer ,I Don't Know About It?
We Can Ignore Minor Flaw

I Am Not History Geek ,I May be Wrong.

I am Impressed By The Serial ,As My Hopes Were Not High Perhaps😆

Meself thumbnail
Islam is an Abrahmic religion. Prior to that everything was Page. Ours, Greeks and Persians as well. They were all Pagen. Also about the research on this serial, I highly doubt that the makers have done that given so many factual inaccuracies have been seen. 

About Greeks speaking Hindi, well that has been shown in Chandraprakash Diwedi's Chanakya. And looked great on screen. I would have been happier if Grecian characters spoke Greek and we had subtitles to show what they meant. 

Darius was Zoroastrian. Not a Muslim and certainly not from Afghanistan that he should dress and speak like that. Damn it is irritating to see that in a historical
darkwarrior200 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Meself

Islam is an Abrahmic religion. Prior to that everything was Page. Ours, Greeks and Persians as well. They were all Pagen. Also about the research on this serial, I highly doubt that the makers have done that given so many factual inaccuracies have been seen. 

About Greeks speaking Hindi, well that has been shown in Chandraprakash Diwedi's Chanakya. And looked great on screen. I would have been happier if Grecian characters spoke Greek and we had subtitles to show what they meant. 

Darius was Zoroastrian. Not a Muslim and certainly not from Afghanistan that he should dress and speak like that. Damn it is irritating to see that in a historical

everything else that u said on one side but @bold...are you SERIOUS🤣🤣🤣

a. Who's gna come and tutor them on speaking Greek ?
b. Who's got tht much time to waste anyway while making a serial ?
c. How would the Indian cast, most of whom can't even converse well in English, look while speaking Greek ?
d. Who has the patience to read subtitles ? Not me for sure, and surely not 99% of India when this is a serial airing on an INDIAN channel, how do u think the audience is gna react to the cast speaking Greek ?
007ari thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
then, SHOW.THE. FACTS. STRAIGHT. man, this is not a mythology where you can show a different POV.
Meself thumbnail
Yo Bro. We purists will always be at the receiving end for sure. ðŸ˜†
Shaina_b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: ChelseaAmolak

I know Macedonians Speaking Hindi Looks Odd 😆,But What Will They Speak , English Or Any Ancient European Language ,Get Used To It.,Maybe Be Producer Thought It Will Be Still Not Be Apt.

And About Islam ,I Heard Somewhere ,Darius is Of Zoroastrian Religion (Pre-Islamic) Religion , But All Actors Lack Some Edge In Language.

I Dont Not Know About Greek History So I Don't Know About ,But I Love This Olympia.😉 But The Production House Must Have Done Enough Research On History And Is There Any Disclaimer ,I Don't Know About It?
We Can Ignore Minor Flaw

Well the tribe in Game of Thrones speak Dothraki and we have subtitles!!!!!

Shaina_b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: ChelseaAmolak

We Can Ignore Minor Flaw

Zoroastrianism and Islam are totally different religions!!!!

Zoroastrianism was the religion in Persia before Muslims killed them and they were forced to flee to India!!!!

But yes Zoroastrianism is the first monotheistic religion!!!!

PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Generally in serials PH gives a disclaimer saying as common people does not understand Greece we will show actors taking in Hindi...
I am not sure just disclaimer is shown or not. But characters talking in other language and then having subtitles for that will kill the entertainment of the show because it is not just 2 hours show but 260 episodes show. No one will have that patience to see the show and read subtitles always.
Melkor thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Shaina_b

Well the tribe in Game of Thrones speak Dothraki and we have subtitles!!!!!

GoT and Porus are two entirely different things and target two different audiences. 

Having the actors speak in Greek with subtitles in Porus will distract them from the actor's performances as everyone will be busy reading the subtitles.
Also will the subtitles be in Hindi or English?Many ppl in India cannot make out the English and Hindi subs will take too long to read.
How will someone enjoy the actor's performance then?? 

The rest of the valid reasons have been stated by @darkwarrior200 in her post.