•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

Ravan attracts US singer

Back to Section Stories

Sapana Patil Poojary

The Muse: Narendra Jha,  Charlotte's CD cover

Narendra Jha aka Ravan was pleasantly surprised when a foreigner visited him on the sets of Ravan (Zee TV) at Umargaon. The foreigner, Charlotte Marrie is a singer and composer by profession and was in India recently on a tour to study Indian culture. Apparently, she was curious to know more about Ravan after she saw an episode of the serial on him. Later, she flew back to the US, and sent Narendra a compilation of her music.

An overwhelmed Narendra says, "I was very impressed to see Charlotte's interest in and knowledge about Ravan. While we were shooting she observed us carefully and even shared some information about him that I didn't know. Once she returned to her home in the US, she mailed me a compilation of her music. Charlotte works on developing music that has amazing healing powers. I have heard the music she sent to me. It really has a soothing effect. I now listen to it at all times, even while I am driving. It mostly has verses from Hindu religious chants."

Apparently, Charlotte gave a copy of her music to Narendra because music had been an integral part of Ravan's life. "She thought that because music was close to Ravan, her music would help me to relate more with Ravan and eventually help me play the role better. Charlotte told me that when Ravan was held captive in King Bali's dungeon for almost a year, he began composing music as a means to elevate himself and eventually became  proficient in music. Impressed with this, Bali's sister fell in love with him and the two then married each other. Thus, music was the reason behind his second wedding," says Narendra.

Posted: 15 years ago
thanks for the article 😊 that is really awesome for narendra jha πŸ˜› more his personality is good 😳and he has a super screen presence πŸ˜› Edited by urooj101 - 15 years ago