Porus

Why Siddharth Sir Choosed Sony ?

EtherealRati thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
Siddharth sir's dream project ...such a grand show ...he is promoting it like hell and ofcourse have high expectations from it. Than why he choosed sony tv for its telecast...sony tv has not been delievering trps from quiet a time ...and a wrong channel can always harm the chances of success. Siddharth sir has faced consequences of launching a good show on wrong channel and faced repurcursions (talking about razia sultan). Than why he took such a big risk...he has good contacts with star plus as he gave them mahabharat...so why dint he talked to star plus for telecast of this show. I know there are always exceptions and shows like kaun banega crorepati and the kapil sharma show have topped trp race too even being on the same channel but none of sony fiction/historic shows have ever done that. I dil se hope that porus changes things for sony tv but i would like to hear everyone views regarding porus being on sony tv. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GrumpyCat thumbnail
I agree...it would have been better if porus was aired on any other channel like star plus, it would have generated more viewership trp wise. 

I guess since Sid Tiwari wanted to own IP rights of the show so he made a deal with sony. I think no other channel was ready to give IP rights to them (this is the first Indian TV show in which the producer keeps the IP rights). 

Anyway it will definitely be aired for one year (266 episodes) on sony and owning IP rights will enable the producers to sell their show on digital platforms like Netflix etc and they are planning to air it in 40 countries other than India...so it might help recover production costs. 

Edited by GrumpyCat - 6 years ago
Melkor thumbnail
@GrumpyCat,You explained it aptly👏👏
Can I please know your name??

GrumpyCat thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: --BlackSheep--

@GrumpyCat,You explained it aptly👏👏

Can I please know your name??

My name is shreya :-)
darkwarrior200 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
yes its precisely bcos of retaining IP rights, and star plus would allow that ? NEVER 🤣
Melkor thumbnail
The silver lining in the cloud is that Sony will not interfere with the show's content.
Had it been SP then they would have made Porus a medium of their Nayi soch.Aarambh was supposed to be a magnum opus based on the Aryan-Dravidian conflict and it was the vision of Bahubali writer K V Prasad.But SP compelled the PH to change the story overnight to suit their pattern of Nayi soch.The FL became a superheroine and the ML was sidelined.As a result the ratings decreased further.

It was different during the MB days.At present SP will not tolerate any different content. 
Though I have my reservations with Sony yet it's the only channel which is willing to experiment.
darkwarrior200 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: --BlackSheep--

The silver lining in the cloud is that Sony will not interfere with the show's content.

Had it been SP then they would have made Porus a medium of their Nayi soch.Aarambh was supposed to be a magnum opus based on the Aryan-Dravidian conflict and it was the vision of Bahubali writer K V Prasad.But SP compelled the PH to change the story overnight to suit their pattern of Nayi soch.The FL became a superheroine and the ML was sidelined.As a result the ratings decreased further.

It was different during the MB days.At present SP will not tolerate any different content. 
Though I have my reservations with Sony yet it's the only channel which is willing to experiment.

@bold true, as of now sony remains the only channel that does not interfere with the show's content. however they too r quick to pull the plug after allowing a decent timespan to gather TRPs.
SONAL30 thumbnail
Historical show that too on star plus...plzz a big no😆
That channel is so hungry for trps...ek mahine mein hi off air kar dete🤢
When it comes to historical n mythological stuff i guess Sony n colors r much better choices
Edited by SONAL30 - 6 years ago
Geniusreader thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Star  plus has track record of  withdrawn their shows abruptly which have different storyline n even finite series.
E.g. POW bandi yuddh ke, ek hasina thi, gulmahor grand.. Etc.
They all were out of the box show. But they had to rush the story in last episodes bcz of SP.

So i don't know abot sony but i m glad that its not airing on SP.
Edited by Geniusreader - 6 years ago
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
IMO, Sony is a perfect choice.
It's known for its special love for Historical/Mythological shows. It never pulls the plug on shows of this genre and besides as ---BlackSheep--- said, it doesn't interfere with content and experiments openly. And also cause it needs to increase TRPs and Porus comes as a big opportunity to revive itself. So moreover the channel seems specially interested in Porus so what more to ask for?