CBFC chief Prasoon Joshi on Padmavati: I have not watched the film

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 6 years ago

CBFC chief Prasoon Joshi on Padmavati: I have not watched the film

CBFC chief Prasoon Joshi has clarified that he has not watched Padmavati yet.

IndiaToday.in  | Written by Lakshana N Palat
New Delhi, November 15, 2017 | UPDATED 19:02 IST

Sanjay Leela Bhansali's magnum opus Padmavati, starring Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor, has stirred up a stormy controversy for allegedly incorporating a romantic dream sequence between Rani Padmini and Alauddin Khilji, to capitalise on the chemistry between Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh.

There has been unrest ever since they started shooting, and Bhansali has been beaten up, and sets have been vandalised. Frightened, distributors in Rajasthan have now even refused to screen the film. 

Though Bhansali and the team have vehemently denied that such a scene was ever a part of the film, the protests have only escalated and become more fierce. The groups even requested the Supreme Court to stall the release of the film. The SC dismissed the plea, and said it is in the hands of the CBFC, (Central Board of Certification).

While a report in Bollywood Hungama claimed that Joshi watched the film on Monday, ahead of other censor board members, the CBFC chairperson clarified on Wednesday evening that the speculation was 'baseless and untrue'.

Joshi was quoted by IANS as saying in a text, "The speculative reports a few publications are carrying about I having watched Padmavati are absolutely baseless and untrue. I have not watched the film, not expressed any views regarding it. The film will follow the due process at CBFC."

The report in the website quoted a source as saying, "Prasoon Joshi ji saw Padmavati and from what we are told, he found nothing objectionable in the content. Now the Censor Board members will view the film. We expect the film to sail through without any cuts."

However, the Rajput Karni Sena isn't going to back down easily and is bent on unleashing hell. 

Edited by flameofdarkness - 6 years ago
sanjay bhansali has said tho, that he will screen the film for that karni sena group or any other group, even after cbfc passes it...
who wants to watch long curtains never ending sarees never ending crying torture.
😆 This is superb ridiculous...the man who was posted for the job...got away with worst nonsense comment ðŸ˜† 
Originally posted by SeedaSadaInsaan

who wants to watch long curtains never ending sarees never ending crying torture.

I want to...
Originally posted by butthurtmod30

Rumor pe rumor pe rumor...

SLB PR team wah...wah... wah... ðŸ¤£

le ghumar le ghumar ðŸ˜†
Originally posted by willina

I want to...
good for you but prasoon doesn't ooks interested. not everyone is fan of melodrama and rona dhona😆
kya promotion hai...300+cr guaranteed!
Originally posted by briahna

kya promotion hai...300+cr guaranteed!

🤪 SLB wishes! 🤡