Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

light_dark thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
                                   Redemption 235

"In the absence of Death, In the presence of Death, Only one thing remains, It is Love. Vera Nazarian

Gen.Veer singh,the head of Chakravyuh fell silent,leaving Major.Param frustrated,angry and anxious to know what happened next and how it had  all ended and after waiting for a few minutes,he was taken aback to hear gently snores from his boss who sat opposite him and realised that the day and the drinks had lulled him into a tired sleep.

His thoughts  were now only on getting the general into one of the rooms that had been allocated to them and so Major.param gently nudged Gen.veer's right arm and the man came awake instantly and after looking around the place,then smilingly said " Param,i dozed off,didn't i.Sorry soldier,i am not a young man like you and i was never as fit as you are today."

Looking at his watch,Gen.veer singh saw that it was 2.30 am in the morning and told param " Well,my boy.I think we will have just a few hours of sleep before the big boss lands up and also Rudy's family is flying in."

Picking up his glass,he drowned the remains of the single malt scotch and said sadly " Today was supposed to be rudy's wedding day in chennai and only both of us were invited and we were supposed to go along with the prime minister for the wedding.And here we are,both of us drunk on sorrow and alcohol,while the man of the hour lies at deaths door and i wonder what i will have to say when i meet his fiancee later today."

Major.param not able to take the suspense of the story his boss had been telling,nearly screamed " sir,please can you finish by telling what happened that night in the foothills of Mussoorie after Rudran had warned the choppers about the missile launchers."

Gen.veer singh looked at Major.param with a ghost of a smile " Nothing" and param reacted immediately " Sir,nothing,What do you mean nothing?"

Gen.Veer repeated his words " Nothing" and looked away at the eastern sky and stared at it for a long time and then slowly turned back to Major.param " Nothing but for the words used by one of the terrorists before he died."

Major.param perplexed " What were those words sir?" and Gen.veer singh's face reflected something ghostly as he whispered the words " Shaitan.Shaitan"

Param sat back " Shaitan,what did the dying man mean by shaitan general?"

Gen.veer singh shrugged his shoulders " Who knows major? for surely none of us to this day do or ever understood what happened down there and the chopper pilots say they saw flashes of green lights and the spg commandos heard only screams of fear and also loud growls and roars and that was it."

He slowly got up on shaky legs and brushed off major param's helping hands and looking at him " Rudran killed dozens of veteran terrorists whose sole mission had been to capture the prime minister alive but all of them died there and all we know is rudy was shot many times in the front and in the back and yet managed to shoot and kill everyone and lived to tell the tale.And i know for sure that he is going to come out of this latest and terrible injury alive and will soon be fit as a fiddle."

Both men slowly walked towards the quarter that had been given to them and hit their beds and fell into a deep sleep.But in their sleeps came Rudran roaring,his face and body covered with blood as he shot,knife and slaughtered the terrorists and the night slowly but surely slipped away and daylight winked and burst into a glorious sun filled day.

The military plane carrying renuka,her dad Kandaswamy mudaliyar,rudran's mother and Babu took off at 5.30 am and soared into the skies heading in the direction of the capital and at the same time,the flight carrying dr.otto hauptman landed in delhi and coming out of the airport,he was discreetly shepherded into a military vehicle which soon sped off into the darkness.

But his eyes had not missed the headline news being brandished all over the huge tv screens in the airport lobby and it said " Breaking news,huge fire breaks out in the villa of the ministers son in Shikarpur.All feared dead."

The military plane landed at the secret base away from delhi and taxied to a halt.Kandaswamy mudaliyar was the first one to get down and renuka soon followed him and both were totally surprised and astonished for there on the tarmac waiting to greet them was the Prime minister himself and seeing them,he folded his hands and with great love and respect greeted them " Namaskar renuji,Namaskar kandaswamy ji" and then catching sight of the wheel chair that was being slowly wheeled out,he moved forward and paid his respects to Rudran's mother.

Then he gently took her right hand and said " Thank you for coming and thank you for giving us rudran."

A gentle spark twinkled in rudran's mothers eyes and she whispered " Bhairav.Bhairav has come back."

Kandaswamy mudaliyar whispered to himself " Who is rudran?" and renu smiled " the one who was born to be the king "

The boy who went into the dark and came back with light.

Edited by deepak_satish - 6 years ago
light_dark thumbnail
Redemption 236

The cars carrying the Prime minister and the others reached the hospital entrance and since the news of the arrival of the man had already spread like wild fire,the entire strength of the base had gathered to meet and greet their leader and the moment he stepped out of the car,everyone stood in rigid postures and saluted him.

The prime minister stood facing all of them and saluted in return and addressed the gathering " My friends,My brave souls who are here and all the others stand guard over this country,I salute you and with this salute i convey my thanks and also the gratitude of this entire nation for your service to us and this land called India."

Then he folded his hands and bowed gently and smiled lovingly at all of them.

Then a voice gently pleaded " Saab,ek photo saab.To show our families and to remember this moment forever."

Prime minister Jagannath Mishra smiled and nodded " Sure,anything for you my friends."

It took a few minutes but soon all the men and women stood in large groups,batch by batch and photographs were taken and then the senior officers sheepishly and shyly requested the Prime minister for a photo with all of them and he stood patiently with all of them.

Kandaswamy mudaliyar felt a sense of pride seeing all the men and women who served the country putting their lives in great danger and he slowly walked up to the prime minister and whispered something and the prime minister looked at him with an expression that conveyed awe and also gratitude.

Turning to all the men who were gathered there,he addressed them " This is mr.Kandaswamy mudaliyar,my friend and a very famous man in chennai.It gives me great joy to tell you people that he has decided to donate 10 crores to the army veterans fund and another 10 crores to the retired army people's welfare funds."

A huge roar of thanks and love filled the air and Kandaswamy mudaliyar tore the two cheque leaves and handed it over to the prime minister who handed it over to the Brigadier general who was in charge of the base.

Then slowly they made their way into the hospital and entered a wing which was heavily guarded by fully armed soldiers and they guarded an entrance which was the only way in and only way out.

Col.Anantha krishanan,the chief doctor stood waiting to greet them and spotting the prime minister,he saluted him and then introduced himself and led them into the heavily protected wing.

The corridor had a huge board that hung from the ceiling that announced "ICU" and doctor Anantha krishnan led them through and stopped at a room that had a glass wall through which the patient inside could be seen clearly and also monitored carefully.

The bed was about ten feet from the glass wall and was dressed completely in spotless white sheets and the room itself was painted in pure white.

The only thing that was darker than white was the form of Rudran who lay still on the bed and everyone gasped in shock and horror for they all saw the large knife buried to the hilt in his skull.

Surprisingly,it was the prime minister and Babu who began to cry seeing rudran in such a state and everyone who stood gazing on rudran knew that he should have been dead or was on the verge of dying for no man could live through an injury like the one that he had suffered.

Prime minister with tears pouring out of his eyes turned to the doctor " What is going on and why hasn't that knife been removed as yet?"

Col.doctor.Anantha krishnan looked at the prime minister and then at everybody and in a sad voice " That knife is buried nearly seven inches into his brain and certainly severed god knows what all nerves and blood vessels and yet he breathes and lives and mumbles.I have not seen of faced a situation like this in my 25 years of medical service."

The doctor continued " Stalemate.yes,we are stuck not knowing what to do.For if we try to remove the knife through surgery i am 100 percent sure,that rudran will die on the operating table and even if we manage to pull the knife out,he will be a vegetable for the rest of his life and a state which is not befitting of the man and the hero that he is.That is why we are waiting for permission from his family before we proceed with any method of treatment."

Renuka who had stood away from the glass staring at Rudran now slowly stepped forward and the prime minister and everyone else gave way and renuka stood with her hands on the glass and with a smile and then turned to the doctor " Can i go in please for he needs me to make him better" and doctor anantha krishnan " Ma'am,you can go in but i guarantee you that there is nothing you can do or say that will make him better."

Renuka smiled " Thank you for your confidence doctor but please be patient and we will all see what we are going to see."

Opening the door,Renuka entered the ICU room and slowly walked towards the cot in which rudran lay near death and everyone saw through the glass Rudran turning his head and looking at her and both spoke.

Renuka's soul skipped,jumped and flew seeing Rudran open his eyes and turn to her side to face her and then she saw his eyes  and both smile and joy froze and her lips quivered " Who are you? You are not rudy.What have you done with my Rudy?"

He smiled kindly and with great love " Renu,We finally meet.I am Bhairav."

The boy who went into the dark and came back with light.
light_dark thumbnail
                             Jannal oram 125

Jeeva gently tugged both his shirt collars and bringing his face closer to hers searched his eyes " Raman,it is all okay and good to fight for those who need our help but that it is only true in films and very rare in real life circumstances.A film is over in 2 to 3 hours and the audiences go back home but for people like me it is totally different.I have only this life to live with you and even if you think i am being possessive or jealous,i don't mind for i love you too much to lose you or let any harm come to you."

Raman gently grazed her lips with his " Jeeva,honestly i didn't plan or prepare for any of this to happen and i didn't even know that shreekanth was the same bharat that you had known back in college.Maybe,now after seeing you and your pain,i wish,really wish things had been different.But then..."

Jeeva's lips quivered and whispered " But whaaat,say it please"

Raman took out his hand kerchief and wiped the kohl that had smeared below her eyes and " Jeeva,nothing in this world happens without a purpose and even though sometimes situations and moments seem random and chaotic,i feel and trust that it is all going ahead according to a proper plan.If you and me are here then it was destined that way and it was also then destined that bharat returns and enters  our lives and it is also planned that we stand by him and his child and help him in any way we can."

Jeeva's eyes opened wide " I don't want anything to do with them raman.I have suffered enough these last 7 to 8 years trying to heal my broken heart and i don't want any more confusion and pain in my life."

Raman calmly " Appo,enna venum unakku."

Jeeva smilingly wiped her tears and looked down and with a trembling voice " I just want us to get married,have hundreds of children with you and grow old and die peacefully and happily."

Raman laughingly " Jeeva, i think you are confusing Gandhari with sita who was raman's wife."

Jeeva's eyes flashed with anger " Mister,do you know your history at all for Gandhari,the mother of the 100 kauravas was in no way lesser than sita herself.The moment she knew that she was marrying the blind prince dhritarashtra,she immediately blind folded herself voluntarily saying that if her man could not see then she was also not going to see and lived her life in darkness."

Raman pinching her cheeks " God,it is so easy to anger you and god help those who you are angry with.But coming back to the matter of shreekanth,sorry bharat i think you should let go of the past and live in the present."

Jeeva worriedly " Raman,i don't know if i can do that.What if my heart betrays me and i realise that i am not able to forget things easily?"

He looked at her with great love " You stupid,childish woman.Are you worried about me or about yourself? God himself cannot change what happened then and in the same way the same god cannot change what is happening now and the love we have for each other."

Holding her close to himself,he kissed her head and spoke in a soft and indulgent tone " My beautiful chellam,memories,whether good or bad will remain forever and until we live out our lives.There is no point in fighting it or running away from it and no matter where you run and hide,the memories and the problems that arise from it will always haunt you for they are not outside but buried in your mind.So,it is better to face it,understand it and come to some kind of peaceful terms with it.

Shreekanth did not come here to see you or hurt you in any way but came here to fight for his child which is the only thing he values and more than his life itself.Rather than worry about him and your past,meet it and face it head on and settle it once for all."

Jeeva lifted her head and looked into his eyes and the respect and love she had for him not knew no limits and she knew that raman was indeed a rare and a very special soul.

Raman kissed her deeply and they stayed with the kiss as if it was their first kiss and also the last kiss and then he looked at her " I love you my beautiful woman and please remember that things like love,faith and trust are not outside but lie deep in our souls and hearts.I say this because i have no fear or worry about you meeting and being friends with shreekanth and his family.Both of us are much better than all these shallow emotions and both of us know how much we mean to each other."

She stared at him and continued to stare at him and then realised that the love they had for each other was not some petty,juvenile crush but something more precious and a love that transcended lives and eons.This was not a love that was tied down by bodies or even there sexes but a love that was meant for much higher things and higher purposes."

She asked him " are we meeting later today? " and Raman " not sure baby for i a have a couple of important people to meet and i don't know how long those meetings will take."

" That's okay,but promise me you will drop in home and join us for dinner.I am planning to stop at a restaurant and pick up food for all of us and since your parents will be dropping my folks home,we might as well have dinner together.How does that sound?"

" Sounds perfect.So,i will see you tonight for dinner."

Stopping to kiss her again,Raman left and headed off to meet Mr.Devarajan for he needed his sensei's counsel now more than at any other time in his life.

But Raman did not know that life itself will align for the purpose of good and justice and that many would rise to stand by him and to fight for him.

light_dark thumbnail
Time traveller-2017 going,going,gone

Time.what is time? When i was young,time meant running around,stuffing my face with goodies and sleeping wherever and whenever i wanted to.But then i learnt time was two hands on a round face and they went around the face and new to chennai i stood wondering and marveling at this thing called time and  i was all of five.Aruna,my elder cousin sister taught me time,numbers and how to read and write english and then i began to tell time " Big hand is near 10 and small hand is near 5" and so time traveled and i traveled with it.

Came time when they bestowed with great trust in me a wrist watch and i began to carry time,tell time and flash my time to one and all.

I turned 50 years a few months back and now i realise that two hands and a round face don't make time or tell time for they are just numbers.I have now began to learn to tell time between each moment,between each heartbeat of good times and sad times.

The world has fallen away and now i have learnt to trust and enjoy my own time and make my own hours and hands and yes i too go round and round but unlike the hands of a clock i go around souls which are close to my souls and to those that i am bound by love and life.So i stand in the center and spin around them and every moment with each of them is an hour,a minute and that is now all the time i need to know and need to tell.

Time and life is so similar to a movie wherein the film is made up of romantic scenes,family drama,comedy scenes,angry scenes and violent scenes and yes sometimes creepy scenes.

But in all of this scenes,many walk out recollecting the family sentiment and tender loving scenes and the rest soon blur away and well isn't that so much like our own lives.

For in the end,when we empty the cup of life and see the dregs of it as our last breath draws near,we think,thank and remember those that touched us,breathed into us and most importantly gave their own precious time to make our time better.

I will not name names for their names are marked in my time and soul and they will remain forever.

I wish you all very happy christmas and a very happy new year in advance and just in case you are wondering why in advance.well,off late my thoughts and creative skills have become like that much talked about one night stand( just kidding folks) and so i better grab and hang on to it while the stand lasts,sorry while the night lasts.

All the best you beautiful souls and god bless all of you and your families. Edited by deepak_satish - 6 years ago
light_dark thumbnail
Redemption 237

A Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness. Napoleon Hill

Down the spiraling vortex and into the chasm

The words " I am Bhairav " were like the sounds of thunderclaps and they echoed,again and again around the room and although she heard them over and over again,it just did not penetrate her mind and realisation came late and came with a barrage of questions but they all only flickered in her eyes and renuka desperately turned towards the glass that separated the inside from the world outside and all of the people who were looking in.

Bhairav smiled sadly and followed the direction of her desperate look " Don't worry renu,they cannot hear us and its just the four of us."

Renu was now up to speed and she instantly knew that the stranger calling himself bhairav was talking about her and her child still in the womb and also about rudy whose body he seemed to have taken over.

Composing herself,she looked into his eyes and then slowly went closer to him and bhairav raised his left hand and offered it to her.But renu hesitated for she did not know yet what completely what was happening and she looked at the stranger in her lover's eyes " Where is rudy? is he okay? when do we see him again?"

Bhairav,his left hand still raised in an offering " Take my hand renu and see for yourself and then all your questions will be answered."

Renuka looked at the stranger and the hand he offered and then gently took it and for a moment nothing happened and then a surge of energy burst through the hand and entered her body and soul and renuka felt like she was being swallowed into a dark abyss and down,down,she went spiraling and was soon swept away.

Renuka found herself in a thickly vegetated forest and she instantly recognised the place as kodaikanal and then she was shocked to see rudran's mother praying to a small statue and the lights suddenly seemed to dance all over the place and then an old man whispered something to her and left.

Renu saw rudy's mum touch her womb and she realised that was the moment of conception and it had happened out in the forest among dancing lights and not in a bed after making love.

Redemption-chapter 79 Posted-10 March 2016 Page 69 of the previous part

They had been married for nearly two years,happy two years and to top it she became pregnant and both of them felt blessed for the couple now had everything that a human being would want.They were one of the richest people in the city and yet were always invited to the most happening parties here in madras and all over the country.Both of them came from rich backgrounds and although theirs was an arranged marriage,they hit off very well and fell madly in love with each other.

But the happiness was short lived and they lost their first child in the fourth month and although both of them were heartbroken,they continued and a year later she became pregnant again.Though happiness came flooding back into the house they lived in,deep inside the shadow of the first miscarriage kept haunting both of them and just as they feared she miscarried again and that too in the eighth month and it broke both of them literally.

He told her that he couldn't stand to be in the same house and since she agreed they shifted to kodaikanal.He set up a base in madurai and handled his business from there and since it had an airport,he flew around all over he country and the shifting of his company from madras did not bother their fortunes too much.

Six months after they settled in kodaikanal,the mountain air,the green vegetation brought fresh hopes and life into both of them and one night they made love and their bodies united in the sole purpose of bringing a child safely into this world.Unknown to each other,they whispered prayers deep in their souls and hoped for the best.

The prayers of their souls flew into the air and became one with the very air that all life breathes.It took on its own energy and it flew over the forests and became one with the cosmos.

A week later he flew away to delhi on some company work and would be gone for a couple of days.

She called Babu,a young man who had come looking for work and in just a few months had become a part of their family and told him that she wanted to go and pray at the madurai meenakshi amman kovil for the well being of the family and asked him to tell the driver to be ready to leave in an hour.

Halfway down the mountain,the car suffered a flat and so she got out while the driver was removing the flat tire and putting in the spare wheel.

She walked by the side of the road and saw a small board with directions to a temple that was a few kms away into the forest.

She told the driver that she was going to see the temple and asked him fix the car and wait for her.

After walking for about fifteen minutes,she saw a small clearing ahead and a small temple in the middle of it.

She ignored the small statue that stood guard over the deity and went and stood before the temple that was carved out of rock and resembled a small cave.There were no doors to this small rock enclosure and only a small clay lamp burnt brightly and steadily.There were fresh flowers at the feet of the deity and she realised that people from the small villages around the mountains were coming here daily and praying to this deity here.

She bent her head and whispered ' Bless me mother.Bless me with a healthy child.'

Wiping the tears that were flowing from her soul she then went and stood before the small statue that stood guard over the deity and bowed to him and whispered a prayer.

The sun had climbed high in the sky and it now cleared the trees that were shading the earth from his light and it now blazed down into the clearing and bathed the woman as she stood whispering a prayer.

The light of the sun touched her head and slowly she felt a gentle light sinking into her mind and the she felt the gentle heat settling in her womb and when she touched her stomach she felt the heat pulsating from deep inside.

She looked up into the skies wondering what was happening and then looked at the statue of the guardian more closely and saw it was the form of a young man who held a spear in his right arm and to the left stood a lion guarding him.

She did not know what to make of all that which had just happened and then she heard a rustling and hurriedly turned to see a few beautiful deer step out from the shadows of the trees and they came towards her and nuzzled her hands.

She felt the presence of another human being and looked up to see a very old man standing before her.She bowed to him and he blessed her and whispered ' the womb of a woman is like mother earth.The womb is not just to bring joy to the parents but to bring forth a life who will live,love and protect all that is precious in this universe.Watch over your child for he has been gifted to you for a specific purpose and he has come from the light to fight the dark.The darkness that took away life is gone now and light has made its home in you.'

Then he turned and quietly walked away and the deer too vanished and she heard the driver come into the clearing ' amma,car ready.'

Ten months later in the hospital she remembered the old mans words as they came out into the world as BHAIRAV
and RUDRAN.

Renuka gasped in wonder and then she was sucked deeper into the blackness and she found herself in the womb of rudran's mother.

REDEMPTION -chapter 1 GENESIS Posted 18 September 2015 page 42

Their bond was forged in the darkness of the womb.Their love began with their first heartbeats and they heard each other and sensed each other.They lay facing each other and mother nature etched every part of them and shaped in the exact mould as the other.Their very souls were connected all though they were in different bodies and although they were not conjoined twins.

He was feisty and adventurous while he was calm and rarely moved.One kicked and the other stroked his foot and touched his face.Thus where their bonds made in the atomic level where god bathes each new life with his powers and blesses them with his breath.

REDEMPTION CHAPTER 17 Posted 16 November 2015 page 52

Deep inside in the darkness of their mothers womb,he kicked and found the other next to him.In the coming months there was many a time when he reached out and the other reached for him too.Thus the bond began with their beginnings of life.Their heartbeats sounded as one and when he panicked the other touched him and held his fingers as if to say " I am here,always will be here and will never let you go."

Redemption-chapter 19 Posted 26 November 2015 page 53

IN UTERO

His heart took its first beat and a few hours later the younger one's heart joined him and together they made music of harmony and love.The older gave something of himself for he smiled as it flowed into the younger one via billions of neural pathways and the younger one kicked and lived on.In the darkness of the womb while the mother slept the older twin gave life,sustained life by touch and something more when the younger one nearly died.The younger ones heart sometimes skipped,struggled to beat and only the older one knew and he was there and he willed his energy to the other.It is instinct,it is life at the most primitive and creative level and the one stage that is closest we will ever come to the miracle of life by the miracles of god.

Redemption 218 Posted 30 September 2017 page 144

Deep in the womb,bhairav sensed rudran's heartbeat and knew that his younger one was not going to make it for long and thus started his will,his power,his dna and most importantly his love for the other that would override everything,even his will for his own life and soul.

What transpired between bhairav and rudran can be summarised briefly and that is bhairav willed with his body and soul to keep his dying twin alive and thus passed healing dna,powerful dna,healthy dna and they entered rudran and repaired him and made him whole,complete and healthy.

But then,something strange,something unintentional happened and that was a bit of bhairavs brain matter got stuck with rudran brain matter and they evolved and soon rudrans brain folded,enveloped,bhairavs brain and kept it deep in its folds.

Bhairav and Renuka

Her senses registered the lights and she slowly awoke from the time travel that bhairav had taken her into and back and blinking her eyes,she saw Bhiarav and she saw him for the first time and what he really was.

Still holding the hand that he had offered,she squeezed it gently and then sat by his side,facing him and with her back turned to the glass wall through which everyone were watching them both.

Renuka stared for a long time and then Bhairav asked her " Am i evil? Am i wrong? renu" and she kissing his hand softly and tenderly she bent and kissed both his cheeks and looked into his eyes " No,bhairav.You are our savior,protector and you are right."

Bhairav smiled sadly " That will do renu and that is enough and someday when rudy understands that i am still a part of him,not only mentally but physically too.Please tell him that i love him very much and i will never leave his side."

Renuka sighing a long deep breath " But bhairav,how does this work really for now a lot of questions are rising  in my heart and not all of them are good or that which i as a woman can ask openly?"

Bhairav with a solemn expression " It is rudy and only rudy for both of us cannot be in control at the same time.It is rudy's body,his thoughts and actions and i only whisper from deep inside and am always in the dark."

Looking away " Renu,promise me you will not talk about this to rudy for god knows how he will react and worse still i don't want him to burden himself with a struggle between choosing you or me."

Both sat still for a long time and then renu asked bhairav " So,what now? what is going to happen to rudy?"

He looked at her,the elder one and the one who had sworn to protect the younger one " Rudy is going to wake up and he will be fine and better than before."

Renuka struggling to make sense of Bhairav's words,pointed to the knife sticking out of the head " How,both of you have a large knife sticking out of your head and how is to going to be better when the doctor outside said that you might both die on the table during surgery."

Bhairav smiled and squeezed her hand " renu,those calculations are for human beings and made by a doctor who is a human being himself.Don't worry about that and just trust my words.But before that i need you to bring my mother in for i want to see her and talk to her before i go back into rudy again,where i rightfully belong."

His words and the sadness of them struck renu's soul like a sharp arrow and she held his hand tightly " If you go,then when do we see you again,rather when do i see you again?"

" I don't know renu but i know one thing for sure and that is we all have a purpose in this life,a duty and mine is to protect rudy and do that duty whether i am dead or alive."

He gently caressed her cheek " Renu,please promise me that you will look after rudy and my mother well."

In a soft but steely voice,renu whispered " I promise bhairav."

" Good,now please go and bring my mother in and inform everybody that things will be okay and ask them to be patient for a little while longer."

Renuka nodded and standing up,slowly walked and left the room and caught everyone's faces and all of them were filled with a thousand questions and she looked at all of them and said cheerfully " He is fine and talking normally and has requested the presence of his mother."

All of them stared at her without a clue and tried to make sense of her  mysterious statement and then quietly the prime minister opened the door and allowed renuka to wheel rudy's mother into the room and all of them went back to their positions of being glued to the glass wall and back to watching the happenings inside the room.

Gen.veer singh's mobile rang and after listening to the caller " Bring him in immediately."

A few moments later,two armed commandos escorted Dr.otto hauptmann and after greeting the prime minister and exchanging greetings with Gen.veer and major.param,he turned to see into the room and gasped in shock to see rudran lying in the bed with a large knife sticking out of his head and then quickly regaining his composure,turned and faced everybody with a twinkle in his eyes " Thank god he is alive and still breathing."

Then he looked at col.dr.Anantha krishnan " Tell me my good doctor,anything strange happening around here apart from mr.rudran" and dr.anantha krishnan " dr.otto,what more could be stranger than a man who is still alive when he should in fact be dead and dead the moment he received that knife injury."

Dr.otto hauptmann laughed loudly " My dear fellow,when it comes to rudy all rules and laws are thrown out of the window for our hero makes his own rules and regulations."

Seeing the questions on the doctors face,he whispered " don't pay any attention to my words for soon you will all see for yourself and then i will try to answer your questions?"

Look into my eyes you will see
What you mean to me.
Search your heart, search your soul
And when you find me there you'll search no more.

Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for.
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for.
You know it's true:
Everything I do, I do it for you.

Look into your heart you will find
There's nothin' there to hide.
Take me as I am, take my life.
I would give it all, I would sacrifice.

Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
You know it's true:
Everything I do, I do it for you, oh, yeah.

There's no love like your love
And no other could give more love.
There's nowhere unless you're there
All the time, all the way, yeah.

Look into your heart, baby...

Oh, you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for.
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more.

Yeah, I would fight for you, I'd lie for you,
Walk the wire for you, yeah, I'd die for you

(Everything I Do) I Do It For You - Bryan Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T57Dtu80_Fc

light_dark thumbnail
 2018 il enna vendum

Vendum,innum vendum,melum vendum
Nanbargaludan thozh thottu,manam vittu
pesa vendum,pazhaga vendum
avargal manam vaadum pothu
en maarbodu avargalai saithu kozha vendum
avargalin thuyaram theerka shakti vendum
avargalin sol ketka innum neraya neram vendum
antha nerathil porumai vendum

thinam varum sooriyanaium,chandranaiyum
iravum,pagalum,thinam kaana vendum
kaanum pothu,vazhkaiyum
santhosam,sogam endra iruvar ennum
arthathai purinthu kolla vendum

naigaludanum,avargalin kuttygaludanum
naanum odi,vizhaiyada vendum
kaa,kaa endru azhaikum kaagathirukku
innum neraya unavu valanga vendum

en manathai purinthu kollamal
athanai nogadikum manathugalai
innum,melum purinthu kolla
porumaiyum,thembum vendum

innum sirikka vendum,Innum azha vendum
intha tharkaliga vazhkaiyai ninaithu
innum neraya sirikka vendum,kathari azha vendum

light_dark thumbnail
Redemption 238

Prime minister Jagannath Mishra asked the army doctor in whispering tones what Rudran's chances really were and col.Anantha krishnan looked at him and shook his head,indicating that he held no hopes unlike the Mossad doctor who had just made a sweeping statement about Rudran and whispered back " Sir,if the mother has been requested into the room,it usually means that it is the end and that Rudran is saying his goodbyes forever for he will not be around much longer."

The prime minister was overcome with grief hearing the doctors words and in a voice that was clearly heard by everyone,although in his grief he was unaware of that fact said " This is not fair that a great man,a hero's life should end thus.He has done and sacrificed so much for this country and its people and here we stand unable to do anything and to help him in this most dreadful moment when he really needs our help."

His words brought tears to everyone's eyes and they stood watching through the glass wall as Renuka wheeled in rudran's mother and brought him close to his bedside.

Gen.veer singh suddenly and with full passion " gentlemen,all of you including the prime minister is privy to Chakravyuh and also all that our group has achieved over the past few year.But only me and major.param know that Rudran is chakravyuh and without him there will be no group or our think tank."

Placing both his hands and leaning his head on the glass,they watched as the tears from gen.veer singh's eyes fell and slowly made its tracks down the glass wall and they all stood feeling lost and totally inadequate.

Bhairav looked into the vacant eyes of his mother and gently taking her hand whispered " amma,amma, i am here,Bhairav is here next to you."

Renuka sat next to bhairav " She is suffering from a disease called Alzheimers and i am sorry to say that she is too far gone and has lost most of her memory.The few times that i met her with rudran,she failed to recognise him and kept staring out of the window as if she was waiting for someone or something."

She gently squeezed bhairav's hand " but she is being looked after well by babu and is also well protected in the army base and that is all that we can do for her right now."

Bhairav shook his head slowly " No,that is not all for there is something else,something more that can be done for my mother " and saying these words he strained and searched for something or someone and renuka realising what bhairav was searching for " are you searching for Buddha?" and Bhairav nodded and renuka " You think that large mutt will be allowed to be left behind or do you think that arul and jothi the twins will be left behind."

Bhairav looked at renuka who smiled " yes,all three flew from chennai with me and are still waiting in the my dads jet and they are waiting for you to call them."

" Renuka,please bring buddha immediately to me for and it is okay if you want to bring arul and jothi along with you."

Renuka got up and left and coming out of the room told the doctor that rudran wanted his dog and his two close friends along with him and the doctor shrugged " well,if those are the last wishes then i will not stop them or even a dog although this is an ICU."

Ten minutes later,they all turned to see Renuka return and they all turned and saw a huge animal trotting towards them and all of them froze in shock,fear and awe and gen.veer singh whispered loudly " is that a dog or some mutated lion?.god even rudran's pet is as wonderful  and strange as him?"

The tension broke slightly with this observation of gen.veer singh and then they saw the two tall twin figures of Arul and Jothi and both looked even more scarier than Buddha and seeing the prime minister,both the twins bent their heads " greetings sir and our thanks for helping our king to get better" and then all four entered the room.

Prime minister jagannath mishra looked at all of them questioningly " Am i right when i say that i heard the young man just use the word king?" and looking at everyone around him" Who is he talking about?"

Kandaswamy wanted to tell everyone that the title and word king that the twins had said was meant for rudran but wisely remained quiet and with everybody staring into the room joined them wondering what was going to happen.

Inside the room,Renuka had expected Buddha to jump all over rudran but was taken aback when the large dog instead walked very slowly and stood looking into bhairavs eyes and then stretched itself and prostrated in a manner of greeting and both Arul and jothi although unaware of who bhairav was joined buddha and fell to their knees and greeted the man who lay in the bed.

Then all of them watched as Buddha whimpered and slowly reared up and stood with his front paws on the bed and offered one paw to bhairav and taking it gently and gratefully,Bhairav reached and stroked buddha's head and whispered " thank you my friend for watching over all of us and thank you for what you are going to do for both my mother and brother."

Bhairav looked at renuka " Please come closer " and when renu was near him he asked her to sit by his side and asked her to take him mother's left hand and then took her right hand and formed a circle.

He then turned to arul and jothi " My friends,my fellow warriors,i wish you the best and please convey my regards to your mother" and the twins nodded although they were clueless and lost as to what was going on.

Bhairav looked at renu " Bye renu and thank you for everything" and just as he finished saying those words,a powerful surge of energy flowed through all of them and it went around in a circle,starting from bhairav,then to buddha,then to his mother,then to renuka.But only he and buddha knew that the energy and the power had started from rudran's child that was in the womb of renuka.

For those who stood outside watching with fascination,all they saw was a sudden flash,a blinding flash that left them all disoriented for a few moments.

Renuka saw,Buddha saw,arul and jothi saw and they all saw the knife slowly slip out of rudran's head and the wound closed itself and they saw his mother slump into the chair into a deep unconsciousness.

Renuka saw bhairav close his eyes and yet his eyes were on her and a gentle smile lingered on his lips and realising that he was going away and realising how much he had done to protect all of them,she suddenly leaned and grabbed him and lifting him up,hugged him tightly to her chest and whispered " Goodbye bhairav and thank you for everything."

They all stayed silent for the next few moments although the moments felt like hours and then the silence was broken by the deep and familiar voice of rudran " Renu,baby where am i?"

Renuka pulled away and looked into his eyes and saw that rudran was back with them again and answered " You are safely home rudy and you are among family."

All those who stood outside watching the happenings inside the ICU room went still in shock and awe and then they all saw the two twins Arul and Jothi fall to their feet and bend their heads low and in unison and loudly proclaim " Maasilan,Mamannan,kathiravan,azhagan,meykandan, engal deivam Kavin,greetings our lord and our king.
the clan of suryavamsam pays homage to you and your family."

Rudran stood up and the next moment,Buddha leaped into his arms and stood with his front paws around his friend and both stayed hugging each other for a long time.

Babu sobbing loudly opened the door and rushed into the ICU and into the arms of rudran and all were one again.

Then,they all heard the feeble voice of rudran's mother " rudy,rudy what is going on? " and then she looked at babu " Babu,is that you?" and the old man not able to control his emotions,fell at her feet " Amma,you see me,you are able to call me my name again.It is indeed a miracle."

Rudran looked at renu " What happened? what is going on?"

Renu smiled and not bothering about anyone or anything,buried rudrans mouth with hers and kissed him deeply and  then looked at him " Bhairav happened Rudran."

The boy who went into the dark and came back with light. Edited by deepak_satish - 6 years ago
light_dark thumbnail
A merry Christmas and best wishes to all those who believe in Christ.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
light_dark thumbnail
Blinded by beauty

I wish sometimes i was blind
for these two eyes,they can be so unkind
they only see what they are conditoned to see
and never,ever let me simply be

for my eyes see beauty and love only
at shallow depths and take unfair steps
and they are always wrong,very wrong

for my eyes lie to my soul
together with my ears they
tie me down to a mere human
and never let me rise from
the shallows to the hallows
or simply sink to the depths

for then i would not mistake
real beauty and all that is really beautiful
and feel and hear only with my soul
and not behave like an asshole

and see,feel everything in
one color and that is black
for in dark and drowned in darkness
all is one and all are one
and second to none

light_dark thumbnail

Annamalai

Sometimes,i am asked why strange,weird and wonderful things happen to me and my prompt reply is that tell them rather narrate and share them in a wonderful way even though some are cliched and run off the mill incidents.But to concede to those who do compliment me on my life and incidents,i do agree for now and then have all been a weird trip called my life.If you are raising your eyebrows and groaning and if the words " W*F DA,GET TO THE POINT" well here it is the point and the point being Annamalai and what happened to him on 21st december 2017.Okay,okay last week.

Mondays and thursdays usually find me early in a shiva temple and my usual and favourite haunt is Mylai kapaleeshwarar kovil and i leave home early and reach there by 5.30 or 5.45 am and as is the norm me and a few others are left to jollu kottufy and left in peace to negotiate with god for a peaceful transfer of funds and luck.I do that and am i wrong in what others would be negotiating at that early hour.

As is the proverb " early bird gets the worm" it is the same with temple visits and so " early visitor gets nalla darishanam and sometimes tasty kesari too." Yipeee.Yup and the sucker i am for sweets,i stand and flutter my eye lashes sadly and with a sweet and cherub expression raise my other hand " can i have one more please" and another packet of kesari is happily gifted to me. Remember and follow my game plan " flutter your eye lashes and look lost and lonely."

Once bitten twice shy and once having had my new slippers stolen,i now wisely leave my slippers in the safety and chaos of my car that i have safely parked well away from the temple and walk the remaining distance on foot and bare.

The temple has kindly provided six taps,from whose water you can wash your legs or wash your clothes if that is your thing although usually four taps will be missing their heads and the floor is so slippery from all the loving devotees who washed their pongal hands and if one is not careful,you can slip and slide your way to a broken hip or many broken parts.

Well,i nearly slipped and landed on my fat butt one day and managed to save myself or grudgingly admit that Kapaleshwarar himself saved my maanam from being ruined.ooops.Thank you lord shiva.

Devotedly,my darshan done,i always walk the entire temple in one big circle in the narrow roads that surround it,though i admit that the roads are not for the faint hearted and reeks of all things foul that are the reminders of a humans drainage system.

Wait,please hold on for i have a very important observation at this juncture of the story and that is why are the outside surroundings of our temples so dirty and filled with so much garbage when the grave yards of other religions fare better in comparision.seriously,honestly for my poser is our love of god only limited to the temple and not outside or at least doesn't his sanctity need to be preserved for a limited radius,a practical radius.

Well no,for commercial minded beggars and commercial minded vendors do business in that specified area and so the answer lies in the very word,Commercial.

I had great pride in my power of holding my breath for a long time although that was back when i did a lot of swimming and a time before the arrival of christ and now rather than hold my breath i go numb in a trance and quickly walk and finish the round trip to my car and then bid " au revoir" to kapaleeshwarar and flee the area.

So,last Thursday i was walking around the temple and in the narrow lane next to the temple wall,i saw a fat cat lying languidly in the middle of the road with a huge belly and a rather nice looking jeweled collar and as i neared it i quickly changed languid to languish and realised that the cat was hurt and hurriedly began to search for its owner for it very obviously was well fed,well cared for and so its home must be surely nearby.

Five door knocks and no luck and then in the corner pink house of the lane whose occupants i was vaguely familiar with opened its door and middle aged lady with a huge pottu opened and smiled like goddess Kali and whispered " Iyya vaanga,eppadi irukeenga" and i said i was okay and then informed her of the cat that lay in the lane near her house and asked her if it belonged to her.

The kind soul without a moments hesitation,not even sure if it was her cat,came along with me and even though we were a good twenty feet away from the stricken cat howled in pain and sorrow and ran towards the cat.

Her pain and sorrow were channeled as sound waves and they formed the name Annamalai and screaming " Aiyo,Annamalai,annamalai" she ran towards the cat and just lifted the cat and the cat which was numb in pain and god knows for how long it had lain there,opened its mouth and cried and trust me for i lie not for the pitiful cries of the cat were like the cries of an infant seeing its mother or of an infant crying for milk or crying in pain.

The lane was filled with the ladies cries and howls and joined with the cries of the cat and then two other ladies rushed out from her house and well i have seen this scene often when a family loses a loved one and this is exactly what happened and then the man of the house rushed out of his room and taking stock of the situation had the cat wrapped in a towel and off they went,man,wife and sister leaving me and the crying mother.

I stood there for only then i realised that their whole house was full of cats and dogs and all of them joined in howling and crying and well my heart broke as i stood with all of them worrying about the cat called Annamalai.

The time was 6.30 am in the morning and after reassuring the lady that the cat was not fatally injured and that he most probably had just a broken leg,i took leave of the lady and her cats and dogs and i took leave wondering how lucky the dogs and cats,especially Annamalai was and made my way back home.

Yesterday,Monday,a Christmas day,i finished a quick run and after pooja at home( lighting the lamp,that's it) i drove down to mr.Kapaleeshwarar and said my hellos and then made my way around the temple and there the lady was sitting outside her house with an assortment of flowers on the table before her and confirming the fact that she was also into flower business along with running a mess and also running a travels with the help of her son and daughter-in-law.

our eyes met and she started crying and her tears confirmed the worst and that Annamalai had indeed died the next day succumbing to his injuries and he was a fat three year old.

I consoled her and then she led me to the side of her house and well as was the case last Thursday i was again shocked for a small samadhi had been hastily built with Annamalai's photo as its headstone.

I don't know what came over me for i turned to the lady and said " lucky cat and i hope that in my next birth i come back as your cat" and well she cried and i too tried to cry but sadly too many of such episodes had already dried my spring of tears but not my soft soul or soft nature when it comes to dealing with other people's sorrows.

We sat,spoke and shared our thoughts and she told me that the cat Annamalai had been a total and strict vegetarian and had always taken part in their daily poojas and sat with them staring at god and it was this exhibition that had alerted them to the fact that the cat was indeed special and the special cat Annamalai had a special bond with an old black female lab that had adopted annamalai the kitten and the cat was everyone's best friend.