Naamkarann

Blooper or Lack of Knowledge?

docritu99 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago
Asking Logic in Indian daily soap equivalent to Asking someone's Kidney just to know how it looks.
Still we have been a quite lucky fandom coz most of our tracks were bit logical if u ignore some little things.

I would like to focus on this track's shortcomings mainly regarding Vidyut's Medical condition as being shown onscreen and mainly from a Medico's POV, that is totally coming out as a blooper for me.

Diabetes is one hell of a common Medical condition hence a good percentage of general population is aware of many things about it..

The kind of attacks(set of symptoms) Vidyut is portraying like dizziness restlessness sweating etc occurs in "HYPOGLYCEMIA" meaning reduced blood sugar and my dear friends its treatment is NOT INSULIN infact it happens due to overdosage or improper timmimg of taking Insulin. The patient need some instant glucose to get rid of hypoglycemia.

While on other hand, as per my knowledge as a medical person, Raised Glucose level ( which actually requires insulin as a treatment) is mostly a symptomless condition like patient's levels increase to almost around 400 and he looks as fit as u and me in 98% of cases, again Medical Sciene is full of exceptions so left 2% for that. The symptoms for Raised Glucose level( Hyperglycemia) develops only when it is complicated with a condition called DKA (diabetic Ketoaccidosis) and in this condition sugar level reaches around 600 and patient need to be hospitalized without which he wont be stable. Also injected Insulin wont work, i.v Insulin through venous drip will be mandatory.

This is the actual fact regarding diabetes and Vidyut's condition is shown to be complete contradictory, atleast to me. Rest, most of the people are not aware so doesnt matter to Creatives.

Again this is as Absurd as Neil being a supercop a logical person whose life revolves around respecting and protecting law, goes all the way to Kidnapp a child based on his illusions. Iske Samne to Medical condition ka blooper kuch bhi nahi hai. It is coming as a lack of knowledge.

Open to discussion.
Feel free to agree and disagree

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChalkNCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I feel it's lack of knowledge of cvs. They must have gathered knowledge about the basic medical conditions and their symptoms and incorporated in their script without detailed research Edited by -DragonFire- - 6 years ago
ILTHBEB thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I didn't think like this deeply .but yes the symptom vidyut got instantly that time he needed sugary foods like sugar,chocolates,sweets, carbo hydrate foods like glucose for raising his blood sugar level.n at this insulin taking means sugar level will be more down which can be reason of the death of patients.  Btw if we go according to logic then neil did right job not allowing vidyut to take insulin.πŸ˜† those are feeling bad for vidyut don't feel bad because neil basically was helping vidyut not allowing him taking insulin at wrong time.πŸ˜†
docritu99 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -DragonFire-

I feel it's lack of knowledge of cvs. They must have gathered knowledge about the basic medical conditions and their symptoms and incorporated in their script without detailed research

Yeah. It seems like this.
U know in one previous epi he had similar attack probably while he was shouting on staff for Mishti's whearabout, his Bodyguard injected him Insulin and simultaneously he ate a choclate. πŸ˜†
I loled at it. They are just mix matching the little info they had.
docritu99 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ILTHBEB

I didn't think like this deeply .but yes the symptom vidyut got instantly that time he needed sugary foods like sugar,chocolates,sweets, carbo hydrate foods like glucose for raising his blood sugar level.n at this insulin taking means sugar level will be more down which can be reason of the death of patients. Btw if we go according to logic then neil did right job not allowing vidyut to take insulin.πŸ˜†those are feeling bad for vidyut don't feel bad because neil basically was helping vidyut not allowing him taking insulin at wrong time.πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Chalo kam se kam Neil ka Character Butcher hone se to bach gya..πŸ˜†

Guys Neil is Innocent..
We have a proof..
Vo to bechara Vidyut ki Jaan bacha raha hai.πŸ˜†
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: docritu99

Yeah. It seems like this.
U know in one previous epi he had similar attack probably while he was shouting on staff for Mishti's whearabout, his Bodyguard injected him Insulin and simultaneously he ate a choclate. πŸ˜†
I loled at it. They are just mix matching the little info they had.

My Mother is diabetic. She injects insulin. She eats meals at regular times so as to not have her sugar levels fluctuate too much. She also makes sure she has eaten at the right time so can take her insulin shot. 

What they showed with Vidyut was completely wrong. He was dizzy. He needs glucose, not insulin. 

Yes I am sure the CV's don't know much about medical conditions. But I don't accept this as an "Excuse". When you are writing a story that is being telecast on a channel that has global reach, you have a responsibility to get your facts straight. You need to "Research" the medical conditions you are showing. Especially if you are using said Medical condition as a "Plot device" which in this case they are! The first meeting of Ananya and Vidyut was orchestrated based on his diabetic condition.

It is not acceptable to say "They don't know about medical conditions". If you don't know FIND out! That's your job! Don't use lame excuses for showing mediocrity in your work, which is what this is! Sorry, but I come from a very results driven industry where such lame excuses for screwing up will never be accepted!
iykyk_3 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Exactly the same thoughts!

The symptoms Vidyut showed were of Hypoglycemia. And why would someone take insulin for Hypoglycemia? πŸ˜† In fact, they themselves showed two contradictory things. In the flight Avni gave him glucose, which was the right thing to do. And here he was searching for insulin, which is not what he needed at the moment.

But yeah, looking for logic in these shows will leave us banging our heads on the wall. So it's better to take everything with a pinch of salt.  
Edited by Ashi3 - 6 years ago
Arieltabi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I m not a medical student but what I have read in Biology in highschool and what my teacher had said is that correct me if I m wrong is that,
Insulin is a hormone which is produced in our body which contol the sugar level but because of Diabetes the production of insulin decreases so the sugar level rises in our body. That's why diabetes patients inject insulin to lower the sugar in Blood.
But when the sugar level drop u have to take sweet not insulin it will lower the level more.
Its a very common knowledge. They should have shown some chocolate not insulin.
docritu99 thumbnail
Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

My Mother is diabetic. She injects insulin. She eats meals at regular times so as to not have her sugar levels fluctuate too much. She also makes sure she has eaten at the right time so can take her insulin shot.

What they showed with Vidyut was completely wrong. He was dizzy. He needs glucose, not insulin.

Yes I am sure the CV's don't know much about medical conditions. But I don't accept this as an "Excuse". When you are writing a story that is being telecast on a channel that has global reach, you have a responsibility to get your facts straight. You need to "Research" the medical conditions you are showing. Especially if you are using said Medical condition as a "Plot device" which in this case they are! The first meeting of Ananya and Vidyut was orchestrated based on his diabetic condition.

It is not acceptable to say "They don't know about medical conditions". If you don't know FIND out! That's your job! Don'tuse lame excuses for showing mediocrity in your work, which is what this is! Sorry, but I come from a very results driven industry where such lame excuses for screwing up will never be accepted!

Yes My dear Friend m talking about the same thing. And i am frustrated more than anyone at this thing coz hello thats my Job and i do it daily. I deal with like minimum 20-30 diabetic patients on daily basis And someone Out there is Making a Fun of it right in front of Millions of people and i cant do anything about it.

Medical Knowledge and Facts are probably one thing that has been highly underrated and improperly used in Daily soaps. Remember all those scenes in n number of dramas where Doctor declares A female Pregnant just by checking her pulse or BP or Both. Like what the hell they know from pulse to declare her pregnant.

Anyway that was other thing but here as i say Diabetes is a common condition and the SHOULD have used the facts clearly and should have researched Thourougly. No Excuses!
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Arieltabi

I m not a medical student but what I have read in Biology in highschool and what my teacher had said is that correct me if I m wrong is that,

Insulin is a hormone which is produced in our body which contol the sugar level but because of Diabetes the production of insulin decreases so the sugar level rises in our body. That's why diabetes patients inject insulin to lower the sugar in Blood.
But when the sugar level drop u have to take sweet not insulin it will lower the level more.
Its a very common knowledge. They should have shown some chocolate not insulin.

Most diabetic patients carry some sugar with them. I have a work colleague who is diabetic. I know he keeps a chocolate bar and some sugar candies in his drawers. He always has his lunch at 12pm sharp. He never goes long periods without eating.

They should have shown Vidyut try to reach for a Candy bar and Neil stopping him. That would have been more real. But I guess they thought to show him stepping on the Insulin injection was "More dramatic" so they did that instead! Logic and science ki Vaat! πŸ˜²