'Run Geet Run'.......Please read Pg 8

Posted: 6 years ago
Hi peeps!

With great trepidation I'm sharing my new story with you. It's not fan fiction (most of my stories aren't) but more importantly Geet and Maan do not follow their usual roles. Their paths do cross (quite a bit) but it's not all 'happily ever after'. 

It's a YA (young adult) cross-cultural story based in the US. Many of the themes I'm addressing here are very real and I hope you will connect with them. Thanks in advance! 

Please don't COPY. I own exclusive copyright. 

My other stories-

An Incurable Insanity: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4744606

Now and Forever (sequel of AII):http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4896825

The Accidental Wife: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4772908

Milan: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4888441

'Run Geet Run' 

Index:

Prologue- pg 1

Chap 1- Pg 1

Chap 2- Pg 4

Chap 3- Pg 4

Edited by simikr - 6 years ago

Prologue

Pain

Some deal with it. Some don't.

Run Geet run!

So I ran. The voice-my guide- was seldom wrong. Seldom' taken with a grain of salt that is.

Right now, I had no time to argue or deliberate. I simply obeyed and ran.

I ran in the dark. Always in the dark. Helter-skelter. Directionless. Aiming for as yet unknown destination away from here. Somewhere. Anywhere. Far, far away.

I ran, my feet bare naked. On streets overflowing with the rotting filth of humanity. The tender skin of my feet lacerated and torn to shreds. Yet I didn't feel it. I felt nothing at all.

I ran blind. My brain a confusion of sounds I had come to hate. I bumped into bodies some of whom grabbed at my tattered skirt and shirt. They let go only when I screamed. 

I ran, away from the noise and the rough groping hands. Far away from the barred windows and the locked doors. From the unbearable pain. I ran to freedom.

Chap 1 below--

Edited by simikr - 6 years ago

1: LUCID

"Geet?

The word cut into my ears like a knife then expanded as it approached through the tunnel lifting the heavy dense fog that blanketed my brain. I groaned in complaint.

"Geet!

The fog started to roll from side to side. I felt sick.

"Geet! She's waking up! My child. At last, she is waking up!

The nebula of charcoal dust disengaged and floated up. I reached for it and grabbed with both my hands, but it slipped through my fingers. A terrible cramp seized my stomach. My fix. I needed it now. The button. Where was it?

"Geet?

The name, the voice, scratched my memory. My senses veered toward the source. I had to blink a few times before she came into focus. A woman sat in the drab blue hospital chair next to my bed. She was striking. Maybe in her forties or younger--thirties. I couldn't tell. Her skin was porcelain smooth and tight, the color of wheat fields. Yet her eyes were old and tired---ebony diamonds at the bottom of a deep dark well. I saw her lips move.

"Geet my child. My darling. It's me, your mama. Don't you recognize me?

Her pretty cheeks drooped when I didn't respond. Then she smiled and I felt something flutter in my chest. "See who's here? Your Tim. Her brilliant eyes transformed. They glowed warm and proud as she looked at a small child who crawled into her lap.

He was little, barely a toddler and beautiful. Not unlike the cherub I have occasionally encountered in my dreams. (I dream a lot, you see).  Round and plump. Apple red cheeks shining with drool, his angel face framed with burgundy ringlets and eyes a bright sky blue. They were watching me.

I stared back.

He rocked forward in his make-shift seat of the woman's lap. A pair of pudgy little arms grabbed for the air. I reached out to him but my hands were trapped, shackled to the bed. I fought to break free when a red hot rod pierced my side and twisted over and over. I saw my leg jerking. I saw it but didn't feel it.

"Geet! the woman yelled.

Then, I believe I heard the child scream.

Wow 
Congrats for new story 

Looks like a dark one 

Waiting for next 
congrats on the new story! lovely concept Edited by khwaishfan - 6 years ago
interesting prologue! superbly written! 
wonderful update! well written! Geet seems to be a drug addict! she is in pain and needs her fix! her mom comes 2 see her! Does Geet have a son?? what happened 2 Geet? continue soon 

Hello friends!

Due to the somewhat lackluster and irregular readership of my various works I've decided to move all of them to my blog and make the updates password protected. These passwords will go out only to interested readers i.e those who will read and comment regularly in more than a few words and not just say nice/great/awesome update'. No silent readers please! These include all my ongoing stories--Now and Forever', Milan', and the new The Other Side of Happy'. 

Simi

Congrats  for d new story!!
Very interesting prologue..
Awesome start.
But there r soo many questions...
She is in soo much of pain..
What happened to Geet??y is she in hospital..n is that little boy is her son??
It looks like a very painful story..
Can't wait to read more..
Plz continue soon..
Thanks for d pm dear:)
Congrats 4 the new story dr...🥳...

nice prologue and update...👍🏼...so Geet is running in a blast site or it's a war...😕...She is not able to recognize her mom...😲...maybe she lost her memory...😕...a little boy is shown......is he her brother...😕...waiting 4 the next update......thank u 4 pm...😃...