Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 6 years ago

"
Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments."
-Bethenny Frankel

In this world of the f a s t e s t  c o m p e t i t i o n and extreme h a r d   w o r kproper food is exactly what you need! A healthy diet not only keeps you up and moving, but it also gives you a hand above in the rat race, with a n i c e   t e m p e r and g r e a t e r 
s  t a m i n a .

Skipping meals or following an irregular diet can never help you lose weight or maintain a healthy body. In fact it destroy your metabolism.
Those who follow a healthy, well-balanced diet are threatened with lesser threat of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, heart diseases and cancer. In this context- a 'diet' refers to a specific set of food items you need to consume to stay healthy.
Fasting once a while only helps you to detox your body and is not considered as regular practice.

In contrast to this, the junk food we usually grab for a quick meal seem lovely while we have them but they are only calories ,  fog your memory and do nothing but add to the extra fat. Well you must be thinking what are gym guys for? A month of heavy training and some supplements will help you to lose those celluloids. But little do we account for, Kul milaake you end up spending more than what you would have if you'd eaten good

This year lets make it a habit to plan our meals with a little more of care wherein we take in more nutrients than those ugly empty calories!

Well, the season's festive, and while we all are working hard to beat the temptation of a lovely dosage of the mouth-watering roadside delicacies, the Crazy Creatives bring to you your own handy guide to stay  hale and healthy this Calorific (read: terrific) Fall! 

|| _Koeli-Appy_ || .-Amethyst-. || .nerfherder ||
|| .sweetchick. || PanchaliKaArjun ||

Leprechaun thumbnail

Diet planning is one of the most difficult scenarios in this busy life. Everyone is so busy with studies and work in this competitive mechanic world that they almost forget about their health. Rather than having food as their meals everyone has started having medicines as food nowadays. This imbalance in diet not only affects health but also brings many health-related problems in bonus. Dieting according to the age and body requirements helps in maintaining good health.

Diet plan for those around 20s-30s 

Youth and mid-youth is a perfect age to chase dreams. Dreams cannot be chased with bad health. A healthy life and perfect body boost confidence in a career. Maintaining good health and perfect body is important during this young, enthusiastic age. The 20 to 30 age slot is the age where we have both physical and mental strength to achieve our dreams. 

Manage your weight: Management of weight starts with eating healthy foodstuff and avoiding junk foods that pave way for easy weight gain. Managing the weight boosts confidence to carry yourself ahead in the path of success. It also reduces the risk of other diseases and that of fatigue. It boosts the energy to work for a longer time and requires lesser energy. 

Intake of more nutrients: The youth phase is where the body readily absorbs a lot of nutritive part in foodstuff. Eating foodstuff that is rich in nutrients can help building the body for a long run after the youth. Calcium, essential vitamins, minerals and salts help to build body strength. Intake of fatty foods and carbohydrates is based on the body types and how do they respond when taken or based on the digestion rate. 

Omega-3 and fatty foods: Oils and fat intake is essential to the body yet the rate of digestion should be watched over. Oils and fats are essential to growing healthy and strong.

Diet plan around the 40s 

Around 40 years of age is a challenging period to maintain diet due to bodily and hormonal changes. The post youth period usually brings many mental health issuesalong with the inability to do work like youth days. The body becomes weak and readily invites lifestyle diseases.

High protein diet: Moving towards additional nutrients, meat, oils - the meat will help a lot in increasing the protein in the food. Protein-rich foods including low-fat dairy, lean meat, fish, beans, and eggs, not only offer higher amounts of key nutrients such as iron, zinc, and calcium, but they also appear to help with weight control.

Move away from carbohydrates: Moving away from carbohydrate foods will help a lot in maintaining weight. Heavy carbohydrates can result in a relative weight gain.

Exercise: Adding a lot more of physical workout is needed when the body hits the stage of running out of hormones. The muscles are given a bit of stress with a balanced diet. The combination works amazingly  an brings about vivid changes. The more intake of protein makes muscles rigid and losing calories with exercise is the best duo to maintain good health. 

Diet plan post-50s 

The most challenging part of maintaining health and a healthy diet is post  50s. As the body grows older the rate of work relatively reduces making the muscles and body fall weak and lazy! Post 50, body readily accepts many diseases which are sometimes not possible to hit. These diseases are tagged under age factors and cannot be stopped from hitting. These diseases can be controlled and kept under observation with the balance in the fatty diet. 

Balance fatty foods: Fatty foods and oils are kept within a limit and sometimes meat and other stuff are overcooked to prevent stomach problems. Avocado and olive oil are added in abundance with the diet. Polyunsaturated fats promote good fat and avoid building up of unwanted fats in the body. That, in turn, ensures good health.

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

In this era of health consciousness, we all are very picky about what is good for our system and what's not.

So let's test that knowledge, shall we? 😉 

Why don't our readers pick one option from the following which is better than the other for our dietary habits?

If the answers are wrong, don't worry. It's never too late for change, food or otherwise. 

Rice or Roti? 

Did you pick Roti? Then congrats, because roti has lesser calories than rice. Calories goes into our system and after digestion become fat and starch which increases weight and makes us sluggish. No wonder we itch for a small nap after lunch 😆

Pizza or Pasta?

Yum pizza with lots of toppings and filled with gooey, soft cheese hardly sounds healthy, but you will be surprised to know that pizza with tomatoes, basil and fresh mozzarella with a thin crust can be very good for your system. Same can be said for pasta, just tone down the cheese and pepperoni cause they are real culprit of weight increase.

Eggs or Chicken?

Eggs all the way! To quote Google "a study carried out by the Rochester Center for Obesity Research found that eating eggs for breakfast helps limit your calorie intake all day, by more than 400 calories. That means you could lose three pounds or more per month." Pretty cool, eh?

Vegetables or Fruits? 

This one is tricky with no clear answer. Fruits contains glucose, so in that way vegetables win the race, but we also need to consider proteins and calories. Vegetables like mashed potatoes, kidney beans and lentils have more calories, but cabbage, cauliflower and cucumber has essentially zero calories. Similarly strawberries and watermelon has also zero calories. So what's the key? 

Balancing your diet, of course!

mafidea thumbnail
congrats!!!

Marathon against calories

The marathon is a long-distance running race with an official distance of 42.195 kilometres, usually run as a road race.
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: .Avengers.

In this era of health consciousness, we all are very picky about what is good for our system and what's not.

So let's test that knowledge, shall we? 😉 

Why don't our readers pick one option from the following which is better than the other for our dietary habits?

If the answers are wrong, don't worry. It's never too late for change, food or otherwise. 

Roti 

Did you pick Roti? Then congrats, because roti has lesser calories than rice. Calories goes into our system and after digestion become fat and starch which increases weight and makes us sluggish. No wonder we itch for a small nap after lunch 😆

Pasta?

Yum pizza with lots of toppings and filled with gooey, soft cheese hardly sounds healthy, but you will be surprised to know that pizza with tomatoes, basil and fresh mozzarella with a thin crust can be very good for your system. Same can be said for pasta, just tone down the cheese and pepperoni cause they are real culprit of weight increase.

Chicken

Eggs all the way! To quote Google "a study carried out by the Rochester Center for Obesity Research found that eating eggs for breakfast helps limit your calorie intake all day, by more than 400 calories. That means you could lose three pounds or more per month." Pretty cool, eh?

Vegetables  

This one is tricky with no clear answer. Fruits contains glucose, so in that way vegetables win the race, but we also need to consider proteins and calories. Vegetables like mashed potatoes, kidney beans and lentils have more calories, but cabbage, cauliflower and cucumber has essentially zero calories. Similarly strawberries and watermelon has also zero calories. So what's the key? 

Balancing your diet, of course!

Great information  on the whole thread. Let me do the Game first

I picked 2/4 right food choices . 50% is not bad😆
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
Well you must be thinking what are gym guys for? A month of heavy training and some supplements will help you to lose those celluloids. But little do we account for, Kul milaake you end up spending more than what you would have if you'd eaten good

I agree specially with pink part 
If we eat healthy, we can save money on Gym and supplements . A stitch in time , saves nine !! 
Seraphina231 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the thread guys! Really informative and nice! 
I love how colourful it looks too! 😳
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
Now this is some personalized information !! 
 Diet plan around the 40s 

Around 40 years of age is a challenging period to maintain diet due to bodily and hormonal changes. 

High protein diet: 

Move away from carbohydrates: Moving away from carbohydrate foods will help a lot in maintaining weight. Heavy carbohydrates can result in a relative weight gain.
I agree about relative weight gain. Now even smell of food can increase my weight 😆

Exercise: Adding a lot more of physical workout is needed when the body hits the stage of running out of hormones. The muscles are given a bit of stress with a balanced diet. The combination works amazingly  an brings about vivid changes. The more intake of protein makes muscles rigid and losing calories with exercise is the best duo to maintain good health. 

Even if you have never been a Gym person, begin some form of exercise in 40s. If nothing, start going for a walk everyday !! Work out those knees and legs.
pillowtalk thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Much needed thread friends! I loved it. About readers choice I have chosen Rice coz that's what I eat most of the time. Uff.. I need to start eating roti. Next pizza or pasta? I don't eat either. So no problem. Vegetables or fruits? Fruits that too watermelon. So I need to start eating cabbage, cauliflower instead of potatoes.. uff. Chicken or eggs? Hmmm.. I rarely eat non veg.. If I eat, then its both. An egg in morning and chicken in lunch. So this is okay. :-) PS: For every age one thing is common. Drink lots and lots of water.
pirl18 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I m conscious to my health..
Hv food according to diet plan..
Very much needed thread 👏