Asfi Zubiya |Shaadi Mubarak: The Wedding Story| Chapter 10 on Pg 12

Cheesybites thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Hey Guys! So I've mostly been a silent reader on this forum and this is my first post here. So since its almost impossible for us to wait till Wednesday, here's a little story (purely based on my imagination) about the much much awaited, grand Asfiya wedding!! Please read and do give your feedback!
Asfi Zubiya |Shaadi Mubarak: The Wedding Story|

Chapter 1

It wasn't exactly her kind of morning. Bangles, cards, glittery pieces of lace and numerous brightly coloured dupattas were scattered across the bed. She rummaged through her suitcase pulling out shirts and shalwars and shawls. Nothing seemed to look appropriate for work. Telling herself that she was definitely over thinking, she finally settled for a pale orange kameez and a light peach shalwar. She paired it with a pink dupatta edged with silver lace. 

'This is the best I can manage', she told herself.
Just as she had worn her doctor's coat, there was a knock at the door. Signalling the servant to keep the bags that he was carrying on the bed, she thanked him. Her expression softened as she emptied the contents of the bags. Aunty had thought of every possible detail while arranging these clothes. The colours, prints, embroidery, lace, everything was of the highest standards, incredibly beautiful. It bowled her mind away to imagine holding so much love for these people in her tiny heart.

The previous few days had been some of the best, happiest, luckiest days of her life. Her regular vocabulary laden with medical terms was finding it hard to choose the right adjective to describe the happiness she felt. But honestly, she was very grateful for it all. A shade of blush began to creep across her cheeks as her mind wandered to the events of the previous night.

"I've examined the patient on bed number six, and I think he is fit to be discharged'. She had entered his office without knocking and found him staring at his computer screen.

'Aaj kal kuch zyada khoye khoye nai rehte aap?' She asked him with a hint of mischief in her eyes.

'Ye aap mujh se pooch rahi hain?' He instantly replied.

Before she could even take two steps into the room, he had reached her side and pinned her against the wall. His hands grabbed her waist while his eyes smoothly captured her changing expressions.

'Aap wohi Dr. Asfandyar hain na jo kuch waqt pehle tak apne staff ko non - serious hone ka lecture diya karte the? Now look at yourself'

Tightening his grip around her waist, he whispered against her ear, 'Ye walay Dr. Asfandyar aapko aur bhi bohat ways main surprise kar sakte hain'.

Touching his lips against her cheek, he closed his eyes. She could feel the warmth of his breath against her face and it was turning her legs into jelly. Being close to him made her body respond in ways she never knew existed. Fluttering heart, goosebumps on her arms and legs, knotting stomach, dizzy head, it was an endless list.

The abrupt ring of her phone brought her out of her reverie. With her heart still beating fast, she placed the phone against her ear.

'Aray Gaiti, I was just about to call you' She said as soon as she received the call.

'Suno madam', came Gaiti's reply, 'pehle tou tum mujhe Gaiti ke bajaye Gaiti bhabi bolna shuru karo, warna main tum se baat nai kar rahi!'

'Allah, ye lo, Gaiti bhabi. Ab theek hai?'

'Ji. Much better. Acha suno, main ne Dr. Asifa se baat kar li hai, woh log tumhe le ke around 7.30 tak hamare ghar aynge. Tum uss se pehle ache se ready hojana and maami ne jo dress bheja hai woh pehen lena. Wesay tumhe pata hai, hum ne woh dress Asfi ke kapron ke sath color coordinate karne ki koshish ki hai!'

'Aray bhabi, aap logon ko itna kuch karne ki kia zaroorat hai. You guys are actually embarrassing me by doing so much'

'Uff Allah, Zubiya!' Gaiti exclaimed, 'You have no idea how excited we are for Asfi and your wedding. It's been ages since hamare ghar main itni khushyan ayi hain, and we want to celebrate them in the best possible way! Tum please zyada mat socho, just consider yourself a part of the family and enjoy this time wholeheartedly!'

After discussing the entire mehendi program with her, Zubiya thanked Gaiti once again and kept her phone down. Her eyes slightly watered as she thought about how lucky she was. Her life had almost taken an about turn, throwing her into the welcoming arms of a man who couldn't keep his eyes off her. And a family whose warmth she had never really experienced in such entirety before.

Dr. Shahroz and Dr. Asifa had eagerly volunteered to have Zubiya at their house while the wedding functions and preparations went ahead. Zubiya hadn't expected a lengthy guest list for the main functions, assuming not many friends and family would travel so far into the mountains just to attend a wedding. However, after Asfi's success with the hospital, the Usman family was almost treated like a celebrity family, not just in the Valley, but also amongst many elite families and organisations in Islamabad. So there was not a hint of doubt that the wedding would be a lavish affair.

She heard the sharp honk of a car and rushed outside. She hated to keep him waiting.
Slipping into the passenger seat, she chirped 'Good Morning!'

'Sirf Good morning? Itna sookha sookha?' He complained.

He was dressed in a charcoal coloured dress shirt. The neatly folded coat lying on the back seat told her he probably had some important meeting today.

'Aapke andar kab se kisi Bollywood hero ki rooh agayi?' She asked.

'Aap se mil ke', He laughingly taunted.

'Allah Asfi! I wish I had known ke aapki cheesiness ka level itna high hoga. Kahan woh saryal Changez Khan jaise Doctor, aur kahan aap!'

'Ab iss main hamari kya galti hai ke aap kisi haal main khush nahi hain'.

His hands had silently reached hers and grasped them in a tender hold. He controlled the steering wheel with the other hand, keeping his eyes focused on the road. She adored the naturalness with which expressed his love. Calm, silent, yet hot and beautiful at the same time. 

To be continued!

Hope you enjoyed it xD

(I'm also updating this story on Instagram on @yakeenkasafarfanfic You guys can follow me there too!)

Edited by Cheesybites - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

seabeauty thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Absolutely lovely story!! Wish it happens in the drama too! Update soon plz..!!
farahs_6 thumbnail
Beautiful...
MashaAllah...We have such talented writers in our forum
.Anya. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Beautiful beautiful 😳Edited by .Anya. - 6 years ago
SanFrangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Very cute. This is the kind of stuff that they should show for 2 episodes so we can get over the sorrow and emotions of the last 2 episodes. Thanks for writing this. Please do write more.
Kayalover thumbnail
Beautifully written
You are a talented writer👏
Very happy to read it and excited for the story to unfold
Continue soonest

masooma98 thumbnail
This was so good! Please do continue soon! 
octaverider thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Kahan kahan se nikal kar aa rahe hain yeh chhupe rustom?  

Lovely update, more soon please.
Cheesybites thumbnail
Thank you so much for the amazing response guys! I can't reply to each one of you cause my number of posts is limited apparently, but I'm really really thankful for your appreciation! 
I'll definitely try and update the next part soon!

Stay tuned for the shaadi romance 😉
Cheesybites thumbnail
I can't thank you guys enough for the response on the first chapter! Keep sending in your love!
And here's Chapter 2!

The day at the hospital passed by in a flurry. Zubiya's mind was preoccupied with all the errands she had to complete once she reached home. Since the mehendi was going to be a small affair, she didn't really have anyone to help out with her makeup and hairstyling. She had no idea how she was going to manage it all! And the one thought that kept making her hysterical was, how would she be able to sit through the event with a straight face, with Asfi right by her side? God knew he would keep whispering things in her ears and try to make her explode with laughter.

She knocked at his office at about 4 pm and found that it was empty. She wanted to say goodbye before she left.

'I guess we'll just meet at the mehendi now Dr. Asfandyar' She said to the empty chair in his office.

As soon as he was finished with the meeting and got out of the conference room, Asfi walked towards the children's ward where he knew Zubiya was supposed to be on duty that afternoon.

'Dr. Zubiya kahan hain iss waqt?' He asked the nurse at the station.

'Sir unko nikle hue tou ek ghanta hogaya hai. Kafi jaldi main thi woh aaj' She informed him.

'Oh acha.' Silently cursing himself in his head, he rummaged through his pockets to find his phone.

He dialled her number and waited for her to answer the call.

'Hello'. It wasn't her voice.

'Dr. Asifa?' He guessed.

'Ji Dr. Asfandyar, it's me. Aapki dulhan abhi tayyar hone main masroof hain iss liye aap se baat nahi kar sakti' She teased him.

'Mujhe uss se sirf 2 minutes ke liye baat karni hai, please usko bolain ke baat kar le. I won't take much time.'

'Meray pas 1 second ka bhi time nahi hai baat karne ke liye' He heard her voice in the background.

'Sorry Dr. Asfandyar', Dr. Asifa said while trying to control her laughter.

Gaiti carefully helped Zubiya step out of the car.

Lubna Aunty had done more than justice to Zubiya's impeccable features while selecting the mehendi lehenga. It was a plain yellow flowy lehenga with dull gold embroidery work on the neck and sleeves of the shirt. Completing the look was a green and yellow chundri dupatta, which she had lightly placed on her head. Her hair was twisted around the sides of her head with a centre parting, and the rest of the locks were left loose. She wore almost no makeup, except for some soft blush, basic eye makeup and peach lipstick. And the only piece of jewellery she was wearing were tiny gold kundan jhumkas.

As soon as she got a proper glimpse of the bride, Gaiti exclaimed delightfully, 'Uff Allah! Meri haseen devrani aaj tou qeher dha rahi hai! Zubiya, You look so gorgeous MashaAllah!'

'Thanks so much Bhabi' Zubiya replied.

'Chalo chalo jaldi andar chalo, I'll make you sit comfortably in my room, abhi guests ko aane main thora time hai' Gaiti was rushing all over.

The house was ornamented with bright yellow and green drapes and colourful lights. Candles and flowers were placed at every corner, making it look dreamily breathtaking. It finally began to sink in for Zubiya, all this was happening for her, for them. She was finally getting married. All this festivity was making her heart feel warm and fuzzy.

'Zubiya, iss se pehle ke zyada dair hojaye, main tumhe room main settle karwa deti hun. Phir mujhe Saim ki bhi help karni hai ready hone main' Gaiti told her.

'Thank God Bhabi aap aagyi' Zubiya sighed with relief as she heard the door open. Sitting with her back facing the door, she had been waiting for half an hour until all the guests arrived and she would finally be taken out. Lubna Aunty, her Khala, and some other ladies had already come into the room, met her and left. She was getting restless now.

'Bhabi ab aur kitni dair hai?' She asked.

'Kis se milne ki jaldi hai aapko?' Hearing a deep, masculine voice, Zubiya almost jolted around, stunned.

'Aap yahan kesay aagaye?' She whispered, getting up. Her heart was beating so fast she couldn't feel it. 
Asfi was dressed in a creamy white Kurta shalwar with sleeves folded up to his forearms. A yellow dupatta was hanging round his neck. His freshly showered face and hair made him look wickedly sexy, making Zubiya's mouth go dry.

'Tumhe kia lagta hai, tum mujhe hospital main akele chor ke aajaogi, mujh se phone pe baat nahi karogi, koi importance nahi dogi, tou main aise hi beth ke dekhta rahunga?' He was walking towards her. 'Itni asaani se tumhe nahi maaf karunga, Dr. Zubiya'

'Kia hogaya hai aapko, koi andar aajayga. Wesay bhi ye Bhabi ka room hai' She was almost shivering with nervousness.

'Matlab bhabi ke room se apne room main jaane ki itni jaldi? Kia baat hai madam. Wesay har baat ka solution hota hai meray pas, I've already locked the door, koi andar nahi ayga' His eyes were sparkling with mischief while he walked towards her with soft, daring footsteps.

'And what if someone comes and knocks on the door? They'll find us here. O God Asfi, please go out! Please!' She was almost begging him.

'Sshh', his cold fingers caressed her cheek. 'Tumhe andaza bhi nai hai ke tum kitni khubsoorat lag rahi ho. I wish you could see yourself with my eyes. You'd realise how impossible it is for me to keep my eyes off you.'

'Aap bhi kuch kam nahi lag rahe', she had finally started to relax. 'You make me jealous of every woman who'll get to see you tonight.'

His hands reached up to her arms and swiftly pulled her into a clean embrace. Getting a whiff of his rich, soothing perfume, she felt she would lose her senses and collapse right there. It was true. Her limbs would turn into jelly around him. If it wasn't for his strong hold, she would've lost her balance ages ago.

The hotness of his breath against the side of her lips alerted her. He wasn't exactly kissing, his mouth was wandering around across her lower cheeks, the sides of her mouth, exploring, feeling her skin, his parted lips lightly gliding across her skin. Her grip tightened around the side of his Kurta, her heart already fluttering about in a million pieces.

An abrupt knock at the door made them tear away in shock, their faces red with all the heat.

'Zubiya tum ne door lock kyun kar dia yar? Sab log aagaye hain, we need to take you out now', came Gaiti's voice through the door.

'Shit shit shit' Zubiya's panic was more than evident on her face.

'Relax,' Asfi assured her, 'I'll handle it'.

He carefully opened the door and let Gaiti in.

'Asfi!!' She almost shouted in shock, her eyes wide with disbelief.

'Sshh Bhabi, please. I'm so so sorry. Please don't tell anyone I was here', he said in a hurry and bolted out of the room.

'Yahan tou baray mazay horahe hain Zubiya beta', Gaiti teased her as she walked into the room. 'Chalo ab let's go', she said while rechecking Zubiya's dupatta and hair, and finalising the look for one last time.

Zubiya's phone beeped as they were about to step out of the room.

'I'm not sorry.' It was a text from him.

To be continued...

Done!!!
Any kind of criticism is always welcome :)