SplashDesigns||Tutorials||Q&A

Posted: 6 years ago
RES >> I still need time to edit this๐Ÿ˜† but you can start posting questions here and I hope that I will be able to answer them๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜›Edited by dmegha - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ranbirrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I have messed around a lot with GIMP and Photoscape. 
In GIMP, I learnt to cut out image from background and put them in one common background.  But its not neat ๐Ÿฅบ 
Originally posted by: Ranbirrocks

I have messed around a lot with GIMP and Photoscape. 

In GIMP, I learnt to cut out image from background and put them in one common background.  But its not neat ๐Ÿฅบ 

What tool did you use?
In GIMP most of the times I use free select tool and for that you have to select the area/figure you want to cut little by little. That won't be perfect but still close to that. Then right click on the cut out image layer and select "alpha to selection".

Then click on "Select" option that you can find on the taskbar in the GIMP window where your image is.

Select >> "shrink" >> a mini window will open asking how much do you want to shrink your image >> select "1"

then click on select again >> "Invert"

and then carefully use an eraser tool to wipe off any excess.

Try doing that, I will soon update a tutorial (probably a video one๐Ÿ˜‰) on how to cut out a png figure from an image๐Ÿ˜ณ
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
I used free tool but I did not know about cutting it in bits. So I tried to draw a line around the whole figure. By doing it in small parts, it was much neater.
Now I'll try the shrink option and erase tool. 

I'll wait for your video tutorial ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
When will I reach this picture stage? ๐Ÿ˜†
Apart from cutting , what else is needed for each pic?

I used free tool but I did not know about cutting it in bits. So I tried to draw a line around the whole figure. By doing it in small parts, it was much neater.

Now I'll try the shrink option and erase tool. 

I'll wait for your video tutorial ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

That is what I meant๐Ÿ˜†
Draw the outline bit by bit๐Ÿ˜ณ

I will upload my video tutorials soon, I made the PNG cut out one but it has no voice and it really needs that at a point of time. Where I use keybord keys to copy that selected figure and paste it as new layer.

When will I reach this picture stage? ๐Ÿ˜†

Apart from cutting , what else is needed for each pic?

Sooner than me๐Ÿ˜†
Because the moment you will get to know how to blend two or more images and that's it!๐Ÿ˜†
It was a simple blended siggy, I added these effects in Photoscape๐Ÿ˜‰ and you are making the "mess" right, so it will be comparatively easier for you than me๐Ÿ˜†