Dharma-Bindusar discussion thread

Posted: 6 years ago
Hello Everyone!
I hope all members do not mind me starting a separate thread to discuss Bindusar and Dharma's story in CN.  I never really watched CN before the entry of the new generation so I feel lost and don't think it is my place to jump into existing threads dedicated towards the original pairing/backbone of the show, Chandra Nandini.

I really only watch CN for the new generation, particularly Dharma and Bindusar's story.  They're arc comes off like a indian historical adaption of a modern highschool Korean drama 😆 And that happens to be my cup of tea.  I usually don't watch India dramas, but I have watched Siddharth Nigam in CAS (he was adorable in it).  

With today's episode of Bindusar and Dharma's marriage I am really excited to see how their love-story will unfold.  I know there are some fans among recent viewers who do not think Bindusar is worthy of Dharma's love, I too agree, but I believe or more like hope the writers of the show will handle their story with care, especially since their union is the only way for the great Samrat Ashoka to be.

Some Notes:

• I am not from India and I am not really familiar with the history of Chandra Gupta Maurya and the rest, but I have had the pleasure of reading up a bit about him and his heirs and their important contribution to modern day India.  That being said, I am very well aware that these shows do not depict any kind of historical accuracy (helena to my knowledge did not have any kids, and was more closer to Bindusar's age, and was not the first wife of CGM).  I am not watching this show for a history lesson.
  • I want this thread to be respectful of all characters and actors on this show.  All of them are talented and work hard towards entertaining us everyday for less than 30 minutes by bringing to life fictional characters/relations that have been written about actual historical figures.
Please let me know if any of you are interested, and maybe we can check-in with each other weekly to see how we may be liking or not liking how Dharma and Bindusar's love-story progressing.

Cheers!
Edited by sunshinegir1990 - 6 years ago
By the way, here is a fan instagram account for the pairing of dharma and bindusar that I have been following: https://www.instagram.com/dharmabindusar/  (sorry can't provide a hyperlink because I am new to the forum😛)Edited by sunshinegir1990 - 6 years ago
I wouldn't mind taking part.  I haven't really jumped aboard the Bindu-Dharma ship yet.  I still don't think he is deserving of her.  But for the sake of Ashoka (and Siddharth's portrayal of him in cas as a loving and adorable son) I think I can try to accept what is to come as long as Dharma does not lose her headstrong characteristics along with her intelligence in the name of being a dutiful wife.  
I look forward to taking part. 
Sid fans hv any choise ??😆frankly i m that type person who never shipped anyone...i only like particular character ...well i m very netural for couple ...like they looks good or not ...😊  i m not crazy fan type.😆.. and i found Bindusar and dharma is like fire and ice combination⭐️...they have spark, chemistry and  this couple is capable to fall in love on them😊 and i aware that hows Bindusar-dharma fandom increasing in 3G speed😲... i was shocked too ... hmmm now Bindusar-dharma is most popular couple in CN no doubt 🤓
i m mention this part of  Sid's IV where he said- mujhe show m itna bura dekhaya hai ..m in se bas fight  hi karta rahta hu...aur humare scene itne intense hote na ..ki yeh Bachari real m mujhe s darte h🤣

Edited by --Royal-- - 6 years ago
Bindusar weds Dharma 
 (credit- Maker) 

I am interested.
The plight of  a Siddharth fan 
One side I am in awe of him but the character of Bindusar is way too much to bear.
Still, Dharma and Bindusar give chemistry vibes and gets me interested again.

Btw am Niki...nice to meet you all.
Originally posted by luxmi_1029

I wouldn't mind taking part.  I haven't really jumped aboard the Bindu-Dharma ship yet.  I still don't think he is deserving of her.  But for the sake of Ashoka (and Siddharth's portrayal of him in cas as a loving and adorable son) I think I can try to accept what is to come as long as Dharma does not lose her headstrong characteristics along with her intelligence in the name of being a dutiful wife.  
I look forward to taking part. 

I agree.  It will take more effort from Bindusar's end to win over Dharma.  Let's hope the writers do justice.  They not only have to balance our modern expectations but also try to fit it in to the historical context they have chosen to work with. Let's hope for the best.
Originally posted by --Royal--

Sid fans hv any choise ??😆frankly i m that type person who never shipped anyone...i only like particular character ...well i m very netural for couple ...like they looks good or not ...😊  i m not crazy fan type.😆.. and i found Bindusar and dharma is like fire and ice combination⭐️...they have spark, chemistry and  this couple is capable to fall in love on them😊 and i aware that hows Bindusar-dharma fandom increasing in 3D speed😲... i was shocked too ... hmmm now Bindusar-dharma is most popular couple in CN no doubt 🤓
i m mention this part of  Sid's IV where he said- mujhe show m itna bura dekhaya hai ..m in se bas fight  hi karta rahta hu...aur humare scene itne intense hote na ..ki yeh Bachari real m mujhe s darte h🤣

Blue: I wouldn't count myself as one among those hardcore fans. I enjoy good story-telling and at times get carried away with onscreen ships 😆.  The instagram page I shared does a really good job of matching literature/quotes I am familiar with to pictures/edits of Bindusar/Dharma.  I have to admit it is one of the main reasons why I ship this pair.  I came here and decided not to take part in other avenues such as instagram due to the intensity around  fandoms. I don't know much about CN.  I only started watching it recently, but I do enjoy the main lead actors. 

Red: Sorry, I do not understand hindi.  I watch the show on TV with subs.  If you don't mind can you translate the interview?
Originally posted by mistofshadows

I am interested.
The plight of  a Siddharth fan 
One side I am in awe of him but the character of Bindusar is way too much to bear.
Still, Dharma and Bindusar give chemistry vibes and gets me interested again.

Btw am Niki...nice to meet you all.

Hi Niki.  I'm Sunaina.  I look forward to hearing your perspective.  

I probably won't be visiting the forum too often.  I just thought I would start this to hear about the different perspectives around Dharma and Bindusar's story.  😊
Btw... I had read somewhere that Subhadrangi i-e Dharma was prophesized that she will marry a Samrat. Is it shown here?