Tina Kuwajerwala's Latest Interview-

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago
"If we win, it will be Star One's biggest gift on our first anniversary!"

Till a few months back she was known as actor Hussain's wife and now she's created an identity of her own! We are talking about none other than the beauteous Tina Kuwajerwala, who's become the talk of the town with Nach Baliye 2 and who is also a successful fashion designer in her own right.

Being the only non-actor among all the NB 2 contestants didn't not dither this lady from putting her best foot forward along with her hubby. And she proved to be the 'surprise package of this dance show', as quoted by Saroj Khan herself. Tina and Hussain's amazing chemistry, out-of-the-box dance concepts and steeping popularity has shipped this duo to the enviable finals now!

And at this vital juncture of NB 2, Tina squeezes out some time from the grueling rehearsals and talks to Anil Merani about NB 2 and her hubby Hussain.

"By sheer hard work, and by God's grace, we have reached the final round"

If you do win NB 2, what will be your gift for Hussain?
Actually, if we do win on 18 December, it will be Star One's biggest gift to us on our first wedding anniversary. As to what gift I will gift Hussain, I plan to take him on a short private holiday.

Was it difficult for a non-dancer like you to give a nod to NB 2?
My entire family kept pleading us not to join the show because they thought we would crash out in the first or second round, itself .But knowing how much Hussain wanted to be a part of NB 2, I overcame my fears and by sheer hard work, and by God's grace, we have reached the final round.

You must be happy - because of this show, you get to spend more time with your hubby?
I know that some people believe that you get to spend quality time with their partners on NB 2. I would disagree, saying that its quantity time, for all the time we have spend with each other here we are busy dancing and rehearing, so where is the space for any intimacy? Even post rehearsals, when go home and just crash.

"I would love to repeat our New Zealand honeymoon"

Tell us about your relationship with Hussain?

We have been in love for the past 10 years, but due to religious differences (he's a Muslim and I'm a Hindu), our parents were against our marriage. It was about two years ago when we were at Lonalvala with friends, Hussain took me aside to a beautiful swing and formally proposed me. He put it across quite romantically," I know that you cannot say yes at this moment, but it's high time, we try to convince our parents." Which we both did and after some difficulty, they relented and we got married.

Does Hussain's female fan following ever make you insecure?
I cannot say that about other stars but luckily Hussain has got very decent female fans. In fact they communicate more with me than him. Actually if ever some one does attempt to make me insecure these fans will support me whole heartedly.

"Hussain doesn't keep his things tidy enough"

Among all his female co-stars who do you think shares an amazing chemistry with your husband on screen?
I would say Shraddha Nigam of Krishna Arjun. Since they are good friends in real life, it reflects on screen. They are each others occasional critics and that's proof enough of their good rapport.

Of all the show's Hussain's starred in, which is your favourite?
I like him the most in Kumkum. This Star Plus show has really made him what he is today.

Your idea of an ideal romantic vacation?
As we both are adventurous people, I would love to repeat our New Zealand honey moon, where we went bungee jumping and river rafting. This time around we want to try parasailing too.

Any trait of your hubby that you want to change?
Yes he does not keep his things tidy enough.

Posted on 14 December 2006 6:30 pm
Edited by virgoqueen - 17 years ago
awwwwwwww sheis so sweet
wish them a happy life
its already posted but happy to read it again... πŸ˜›
i just read it in another posted topic.
Me too but nice to read it again. Thanks for sharing😊