Please help me with your replies

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 6 years ago
Guys I have got a research project relating to the television industry and I have find out why television viewers in India prefer to watch Infinite series (Yeh Rishta, SNS) over Finite series (POW, Everest, Dahleez or vice versa. Is it because of the content, actors or character you can relate to or there is any other reason. Why do you think finite shows are not doing well.

Why people prefer watching Reality shows over Daily soaps or vice versa. Is it because of some celebrity you like or bored of watching daily soaps or you believe reality is fake or any other factor

What factors are considered while selecting a contestant for Reality Shows like Roadies, any dance or musical show? Do the contestants offer money or they really consider the talent or any other factor

Please reply me because I have to collect 100 responses. Please help for making a constructive research. 

Thank you 
Posted: 6 years ago
Anything that can pull up TRPs. Be it im-moral or plain crap anything in the name of entertainment. 
Infinite series are preferred over finite series because of the it's drama quotient. An ordinary infinite series climaxes at least 2-4 times in a week. However the finite series are usually thrillers or shows like Aarambh, the kind which would keep its audience at an edge, reveal the tale bit by bit. And today's audience is highly impatient.

Second reason is the audience. Audience who watch these shows are usually house wives and prefer the kind of shows that they can relate to.

Reality shows are myths everything is completely scripted and directed. Contestants who are more stylish or good-looking are preferred over the talented ones, because anything that happens in the TV is for the TRPs. Which implies the audience is the judge, if a non singer, or a non dancer is the judge of the singing or dancing contest you can very well understand the outcome or mode of judgement. Hope it clarifies a bit.