Naamkarann

Love at Leisure-- Neil's love for Juhi vs. AvNeil

SimiSays thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 6 years ago
Someone had rightly said, ''It is only unfulfilled love that is truly romantic.''

But is that a validation for every love and love story in the universe?
We will come back to it later.

At some point of life, we all must agree: Everyone loves differently.
For some, love is about passion, for some it is about understanding, while for the rest it may range from feeling a surge of endorphins (happy hormones) flooding through their veins 24x7, to being in love with the feeling of being love.

When it comes to Neil Khanna, Juhi was a big milestone in his life, the one he claims to have loved more than himself.
Many of us regard Juhi as his ''first love.''
And as most of us would know, that first love always remains special, because it was the first time someone made you feel something. The first time you felt like doing something for someone. The first time you thought much more about someone else rather than yourself, weaving dreams about it, as well as a future.

Yes, that is the beauty of first love.

BUT

I seek apology in advance because there's a possibility that you might not agree with me or comply with what I have to say, but do hear me out.

The question that remains as constant as the Northern star here for me is: Was Juhi really Neil's first love?

I don't doubt that he cared for her.
I don't doubt that she was a fine breath of fresh air in his casual college life.
I don't doubt that he fancied spending time with her.
I don't doubt that as on today, she is one of the strongest citadels from his past that made him what he is today. 
I don't doubt that her memory matters to him.

But, for me, it is just because Neil Khanna is much more than just a handsome hunk who is also a man of substance. He cares, and he cares too deeply.
He stands up for the rights, regardless of the gender. He is a horsemen of Justice, who cannot bear the sight or feeling of anyone being wronged. Be it through man made factors or through natural aspects.

And here, he is aware that Juhi was wronged.
The girl with a spunk that he liked, in his own words to Avni, was wronged as she was mugged by a drug addict (which as on today happens to be his closest ally and friend) which led to her fatal accident.

And it was that moment, that memory, that tragedy, that made Juhi an epitome of something in his life.
It was in death that Juhi met a profound glory, becoming a stanchion for Neil Khanna, who let go of his dreams of pursuing an MBA from London,and instead joined the Police Force.

So, in death lay her glory,
For he valued her more
Had it been otherwise,
Would that love boat make it to the shore?

That's a question that does leave one to ponder.

Because before that tragedy, Neil Khanna was yet another casual college going guy, in a relationship with a girl, who he liked.
Was there passion?
No.
Was there intensity?
No.
Was there sparks?
No.

Was there care?
Of course.

It was a simple mundane life. 
Where to him, the MBA from London was of more importance than thinking, ''Oh, it means I got to stay away from Juhi, in a different country, different time zone, for 24 months!''

So, was Juhi actually Neil's first love?
Or was it just a love at leisure, which was inferred to be his ''first love,'' because it ended so tragically?

Was it because that story, that ''supposed'' love remained unfulfilled, ending with a dark conclusion called ''death'' that made it truly ''romantic'' in the eyes of everyone?

I leave that for you guys to enlighten me on.

Coming to AvNeil- Do I need to even list down what it is and how it is?

Avni had managed to hold his heart captive from the first day he laid his eyes on her, didn't she?
A girl with no motive, intention, or will to fall in love.
A guy, who ''supposedly'' lost his ''first love'' and ''supposedly'' was still reeling in the aftershock of it albeit practically (given he is a realist and also an ACP) kinda fell in love with a girl at first sight, though he consciously named it to be just a case.
Could it really happen if you were so deeply, madly, in love with your first love?

Maybe over time, it could. But right away?
Neil Khanna.. Avni Ayesha was and is indeed an ''Ajooba.'' A wonder, rather, Wonder Woman, who gave you quite a run for your money, keeping you on your toes, and your subconscious mind always knew she is the one.

For love has no forewarning
No motive and no will
From the ashes it suddenly unfurls
And you feel everything around you go still

A strange essence envelops you
A passion so strong from within.
Everything about that person begins to matter
As you long for her through thick and thin

And for Neil Khanna, it was no different from the time he met her.
As a case, as a friend, and finally (and unexpectedly) as a husband.
Amid all this, maybe even he didn't consciously realize, that there was another role that was he playing alongside the aforementioned.
And that was the role of a lover.

Yes, he loved her.
Truly.
He still does.
It is just his conscious mind at present that finally has become quite vocal about it. But truth be told? He has loved her from the very beginning, from the time he saved her for the first time in the waters.
Everything, no matter how puny, has mattered to him about her.

Yes, Neil is pragmatic.
Yes, he has had clash of opinions with Avni on many occasions.
But he has proven time and again, that if need be, he would anything for Avni.
Anything and everything.
And for that he wouldn't wait for the time when push comes to shove.

So, to me, it is Avni who is Neil's first love.
As well as his last.

Would love to hear what you guys have to say! 😳
Edited by Simi1711 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

__VIHU thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Basically I don't feel myself to be mature enough to analyse such a deep relation.
But I do agree with you at many points.. You have analysed the situation wonderfully.

SimiSays thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: vu1998

Basically I don't feel myself to be mature enough to analyse such a deep relation.

But I do agree with you at many points.. You have analysed the situation wonderfully.

Thanks.
I do agree, it is a situation quite intricate.
It is also the love of a boy vs. the love of a man.
And honestly, it is no competition.

But truth is, when after someone's gone and they leave such a deep carving in your mind, the one with which you step into your future, you are rendered helpless because that carving does stay there forever, and whatever happens from there on, there always arises from the pit of your rationale, a moment where you are pushed to think, ''I have to choose between my past and present.''

While there is no doubt I have about Neil choosing Avni over anything or anyone else, I do agree that this predicament won't be an easy one to resolve for him.
Edited by Simi1711 - 6 years ago
Suchi_ASR thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
tis was so beautifully written 👏
i agree with everything u mentioned.. it is avni whos neil's one true luv..seeing flashbacks, i rlly felt juhi was more of a very close frnd of neil..he never luved her the way he luvs avni
chanellepears thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
simii... take a bow
this is so well written ❤️
i cant wait for things to unfold in the show and neel to make his decision final that it is only avni he can ever love so much.. and juhi was someone close to him, like a normal gf in college.. but not his real love
AgnesFan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
There can't be any comparison of Neil's love for Avni with his love for Juhi . It's love of a boy who is immature and fantasies things versus love of a man for his woman . 

It always happens with many where we feel that the feeling were nothing but an infatuation . He thought he loved her more than him . But from the past they played it seemed he was more interested in his MBA than Juhi . He was fine staying away from her for 2 years . Even his promises seemed to be way of convincing himself that she is the one who's destined for him . And see he could also come over her death and even help a person who was responsible for her death to become a refined man ! Maybe Juhi had that impact on him which made him the man he is at present . To me his love for Juhi is a fantasy. But his love for her is nowhere match to his love for Avni .

Avni lives in every cell of his . 'rom rom mei basti hai ' . She has become his life system . Even a mere thought of losing her is shaking life out of him . Yes ! He will lose himself beyond repair  if anything happens to Avni . I agree with the point Avni is the only true love of Neil and love at first sight . He loves her with his skin and soul . 

dsupriya thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Well written. Love with Juhi got immortalised mainly due to death, helplessness and guilt of not able to book people responsible for accident. Neil was more onto his career and he said yes when Juhi proposed to him. He just went with flow.
With Avni every step of the way he was fighting his strong emotions. He was trying to guard himself by giving different names to the feelings. He could connect with her pain her quest for justice and her love and loyalty for people. They are both so similar but yet contrast to each other. He is the calm to her impulses and storm. She is his strength and her love and loyalty urges him to be strong. She is where he can be his self. The fact shown on Fridays episode and so can she be. People hurt each other or are angry when there is no formality but comfort of each being there regardless of circumstances.

Neil as mature man is complimented by Avni as both have similar principals and both are strong individuals. Neither will he bow down to her or agree with her in all aspects and nor will she. They are equals in strength compassion and values. 

First love is always special as it opens up the walls around your heart and allows feelings to come in. But is it everlasting love. Not always. In Neil's case his life is different and has taken a different route which took him towards Avni.
Edited by dsupriya - 6 years ago
Survival thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Interesting post Simi, as usual whenever you come back you come with a bang

I'm sure of one thing, Neil loves Avni unconditionally and irrevocably, what he feels for her, neither  has he felt it before nor will he ever for anyone after her!!  She is his SOULMATE, she is THE ONE! 

He loves her with all his being, with all what he is, his soul, his mind, his body and his heart! Nothing he felt for Juhi can be compared to that, that proposal itself showed that there was no intensity or passion between Juhi and Neil while with Avni all his feelings are hightened!

I remember we discussed about his feelings for Avni many times in many episode discusion threads, one of them during the beginning of August, then I remember Ri (Avengers) said that what he feels for Avni is above a crush but still not love, that sent me into thinking to why I think he loves her, so I kind of went down the memory lane and tried to remember all the things that made me more than convinced that he loves her obviouly now that's clear to everyone!

I even made  a research on love to see things from a scientific and psychological point of view, and everything pointed out to his love LOOL not that I had any doubts LOOL

Check the posts here :

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4882327&PID=143382334&#p143382334
Edited by arshisfan - 6 years ago
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Standing Ovation! You said it ALL! The poetry was profound. Beautiful!

Avni IS Neil's first "True Love". His "Big" Love. It changes your life kind of love. 

"Peheli nazar main kaisa Jadoo kar diya...tera ban beta hai mera jiya!"

That sums up Neil's first meeting with Avni and everything that followed up to now. He was in deep obsession from the moment he saw her. Every detail from their first meeting plays in his mind when he thinks of Avni. It shows us that from the first time they met she had this "Hold" on him.

Yes, he liked Juhi from the time they met too. But he had a reason to like her. She was a good person trying to help someone. He liked her goodness. Avni? He didn't know anything about her. She got his attention for just being HER! 

Neil's relationship with Juhi was not intense, her DEATH made it intense, made her immortal. I have said this many times. It was in death that Juhi achieved the status Avni achieved just by walking into Neil's life. Alive, she was the woman Neil could never forget. Never stop thinking about. A feat achieved by Juhi in an untimely death. Avni was Ae Dil Hai Mushkil from the moment they met. Juhi became a tragic love saga only because she died. Avni and Neil's love story was always a Saga. Because true love always is. It doesn't have to end tragically to become the most profound experience of your life. It just IS! 

Until Avni, Neil Khanna had never experienced that "Jolt" and he didn't even know what this feeling was. He had never experienced jealousy either. Again, it was new to him and when he realized he was jealous he didn't like it. "Yeh ajanak Ali ke bare mai sun kar muje takaleef kyon hogayi?" (When he questioned Avni of the depth of her friendship with Ali right after she revealed her identity to him). He had never experienced this intense passion before. So he didn't know THIS was love!

"Kya yehi pyaar hai? Ha yehi pyar hai! Dil tere bin kahi lagtha nahi...waqt guzartha nahi!"
Whenever he was not with Avni he was thinking of her. Your right TM, he was ready to go to London for 2 years. He was so excited. Judaai from Juhi didn't seem to be weighing him down much. What was he 23-24? At that age, we all have our goals set. Just coz you have a BF/GF that doesn't mean you are going to stay put. Neil was also just a young, and practical guy. He liked this girl, was dating her. But I don't know how strong the feelings really were. Her dying in front of him or so it seemed, made her this immortal beloved. That's what I always felt.

In the words of Arjun S Rawthe..."Pyaar ka daard sirf wo hi samajtha hai...jiska pyaar adhoora rehegaya ho!" 

This defined what he thought was his equation with Juhi. But the truth was, if he lost Avni, THAT is when this line would actually be true. Even the thought of losing her scares Neil. Even the thought that she doesn't "Care" as much as he does scares him, hurts him deeply. It always has. There are SO many examples, I won't go into all that. Right from get go we were shown that the "One sided Love" was from Neil's side, not Avni's. She loves him now, but he was the one who was always in love with her. 

So my conclusion TM is that Juhi was "A Love" and Avni is THE Love! 
Edited by MrDarcyfan - 6 years ago
SimiSays thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

So my conclusion TM is that Juhi was "A Love" and Avni is THE Love! 

THIS!
Enough said. It says it all! 😳😳