•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 6 years ago
Nimki Mukhiya is fast becoming one of my favourite shows. It's so refreshing to see an intelligently written screenplay that takes on relevant social issues, such as casteism and corruption, through subtle satire. Most 'social serials' indulge in heavy-handed, hammy emotional manipulation to get their point across, but not so with NM - this show makes the same points in an entertaining and humorous fashion.

It's fun to see a heroine in serials that doesn't follow the standard mahaanta mode. Nimki is self-involved, immature, with a completely different value system. Ofcourse through the course of the show we will get to see her evolve from that ditzy state of carefree irresponsibility to someone who can make a difference in the village, but I hope we don't lose that quirky aspect  of her which makes her unique.

I enjoy the BDO's scenes a lot as well. He's not clean, but he's not a bigot not misogynist either. His "honest corruption" is a crack up and the scenes with his staff and are really endearing. And I'm not exactly immune to Nimki and his chemistry either! 

Alas, it's not meant to be as Nimki naturally will end up in the house of the casteists who are in much need of reform. Their warped ideas and Babbu's & his mother's despicable actions against those they consider beneath them are grating but thankfully the scenes don't stretch. Other relationships in the house are more interesting - like the lawyer and his wife - not sure what's off between them. 

But I like Nimki and her family unit the most. Her father dotes on her and her siblings aren't afraid to argue with their sister or prank her when she's being particularly insufferable.

Nimki's first reality check is about to happen with her irresponsible actions leading to Elena getting sick. BDO is going to have a fit. He likes her clever and confident wheeling-dealing ways but that needs to be tempered with a little bit of sensibility and hopefully she now becomes cognisant of that after what happened to Elena.
Just want to say the show is going good.
Don't have a wish list as what should happen in Nimmi or others life. No preference for the man opposite Nimmi either. Let it be a crazy fun ride. As long as they keep it multidimensional, and keep developing each character's story as fun as now, I am hooked to the show.

The cast and writers are doing great job. FRESH.
Well said.

Nimki's family actually seems real as they fight over who shall work etc which happens a lot among siblings.

I hate the tetars to no extent. And, i feel the lady who is playing baboo's mother over acts a lot and she has done the same in her previous show(s) as well.
I truly despise the fact that Nimki is gonna land in Babbo's family   Why even! But apart from that the show is so amazing! <3 Nothing quite as refreshing and unique as Nimki Mukhiya currently on TV! πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by worldofwinds

I truly despise the fact that Nimki is gonna land in Babbo's family   Why even! But apart from that the show is so amazing! <3 Nothing quite as refreshing and unique as Nimki Mukhiya currently on TV! πŸ˜ƒ

Absouletly and welcome here too
Originally posted by Ubiquitos

Just want to say the show is going good.
Don't have a wish list as what should happen in Nimmi or others life. No preference for the man opposite Nimmi either. Let it be a crazy fun ride. As long as they keep it multidimensional, and keep developing each character's story as fun as now, I am hooked to the show.

The cast and writers are doing great job. FRESH.

πŸ‘word to everything
I completely agree to everything that the TM has said .
This is a brilliant review and articulates exactly what I as a viewer feel about this show .
This show is a much needed breath of fresh air on Indian TV .