Nostalgic .. Baath un dinon ki .. being a 90s teen

Posted: 6 years ago
Nostalgic .. Baath un dinon ki .. being a 90s teen .. 
Maine pyar kiya movie was my fav & all of its songs too .. Looks like cvs of show had a huge liking for movie & songs .. just like me or all the teens during those times .. every day there is a song from MPK being played .. 
I still remember writing all the lyrics down of all songs of MPK & sharing it with my friends & thy copying the songs during singing class .. as we didn't have any idea of what google was or to search for lyrics of the songs online .. as no one was tech savvy during those days .. so we used to do th hard work our selves .. 😆

In the epi 1 The way thy ran to listen to a song played on radio .. we used to wait for Monday 8 pm for Geet mala hosted by ameen sayani Ji & his mesmerizing  voice ... 
Then chitrahaar , chitramala , rangoli , & Telugu songs chitralahari ... 

If we used to have power cut used to curse the electricity department .. once we even went to electricity board & created a riot & thy said bachon go home .. by the time u go u will get power back .. u r making lot of noise .. we will give back power immediately ... like thy promised thy gave us power so that we can watch chitrahaar & also SRK fauji ...  

So many memories just to watch our fav songs on tv as thy used to come once in a while .. not easily available like now a days ... 

Frankly speaking .. I used to listen to so many songs back then .. now a days don't watch a single song or movie .. 

Once my sis fav song was coming in Tamil channel .. so she ran to watch it & in process fell as there was water in her way .. from our room to granny's room .. she got up & ran quickly to watch it .. only after the song was over she realized she was in pain as she slipped & fell .. 

Then if there was rain then the signal on tv wasnt tht great .. in case the antenna moved in a diff direction we need to climb upstairs & fix the antenna someone used to stay in front of tv to direct us .. I used to climb always to fix the antenna ... as I was crazy Tv holiday back then too .. 

Mom or granny always used to send us To the mill get the flour ... every sundays or Saturday's or holidays .. 

Playing antakshri during breaks .. Fixing clothes ourselves ... doing jugad of torn clothes ... I do that even now .. lol .. 

Hiding the tape recorder from our grand father ... 🤣 when he was around playing it as soon as he left .. many more .. 🤣

Fighting with teacher for marks .. I still remember once I got highest marks in my first Lang & another girl who normally gets more marks than me took my paper & was scanning it for mistakes & my other class mates warned me not to give as thy taught she will take my paper to our teacher & will get my marks cut .. I told them let her search .. I know I didn't make any mistake .. she couldn't find any mistake & then gave my paper back to me .. 

This show is making me nostalgic since day one of its air .. waiting for every episode eagerly .. just to watch how the story would progress ...
These are my experiences .. how about yours ..  

Edited by dewdropred - 6 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

such a lovely post❤️.
brought so many memories back. bless you.

Chakki ka aata.
Chitrahaar.
Surabhi.
Alif laila.

Sunday morning cartoons.

chits in class.

Rakhi brothers.😆.

goooddd mooorrrnnniiinnnggg teeeaaacccheeer.

requesting teacher to not take extra class on sunday morning lest we miss Chandrakanta.

Tape recorders and twisting the tape with pencil.

actually writing with pen and paper. letters; diaries.

watching jagadekaveerudu atiloka sundari over and over again.
Mr. India.

the only one flavour ka popcorn. thakela taste wala. single screen theatre. cheap tickets. family event.

antakshari, lagori (seven sisters), kanche, spinning tops.

will add more.

once again.. what a beautiful post.❤️

Originally posted by Banjaaran.

such a lovely post❤️.
brought so many memories back. bless you.

Chakki ka aata.
Chitrahaar.
Surabhi.
Alif laila.

Sunday morning cartoons.

chits in class.

Rakhi brothers.😆.

goooddd mooorrrnnniiinnnggg teeeaaacccheeer.

requesting teacher to not take extra class on sunday morning lest we miss Chandrakanta.

Tape recorders and twisting the tape with pencil.

actually writing with pen and paper. letters; diaries.

watching jagadekaveerudu atiloka sundari over and over again.
Mr. India.

the only one flavour ka popcorn. thakela taste wala. single screen theatre. cheap tickets. family event.

antakshari, lagori (seven sisters), kanche, spinning tops.

will add more.

once again.. what a beautiful post.❤️

Thank u .. yes .. those were the days when we had one & only doordarshan ...  all shows on it were awesome .. those were the days we knew how nature was .. how it was to play in open & feel fresh air on us .. 

The hopping game we used to play in schools & homes with 8 boxes .. 5 stones in door games .. we even used to make my younger brothers play with us ... thy never cared even if thy were girly games .. Oh yes ..  we used to play galli ks cricket ... 

Watch movies outside Ganesh pandaks during Ganesh chathurthi .. can't get those days back ,, but at least can relive once more with a beautiful show like this .. 

Def thanking Sony for the show 
yes at that time people play song by running cassette and then pause then write on diary then play song then pause cassette then write on diary then play and so on

at that time no commercial ad break in between serial and even no daily soap

mogli was famous cartoon at that time

and 7 colour line strip use to come and doordarshan music tee nee nee playing violin at back groundEdited by surabhi01 - 6 years ago
Diii so nice to read something from you...that's so so good you know...
I almost die for chithrahar and jungle book
Loved Chandrakanta too
Dii what about world cup matches...
I had so many many things to do and I was very much occupied..life was good then...

And your dp is giving me goosebumps once again...do not change it haan😉
About this show I am yet to watch...I don't know how these memories are connected to this show..can you enlighten me...
Originally posted by surabhi01

yes at that time people play song by running cassette and then pause then write on diary then play song then pause cassette then write on diary then play and so on

and 7 colour line strip use to come and doordarshan music tee nee nee playing violin at back ground

@blue...the sound which irritates us all...😃
beautiful post. Nice show so far. Hopefully they will show the advancements in 2000 so the younger generation can also relate to this.
Originally posted by surabhi01

and 7 colour line strip use to come and doordarshan music tee nee nee playing violin at back ground
That's the only way we had to get the lyrics 😆 moreover while doing so used to b scared too as we had to do that when parents weren't there .. or else thy would say what non sense thing r u doing penning down lyrics of movie songs instead of studying .. will this feed u .. 

Yeah no commercial break during tv shows .. we used to die to watch commercials .. even celebrated when thy announced that commercials will be coming now onwards while watching ur fav tv shows .. 

When ever sorry for interruption used to come used to curse them for that .. 🤣

Originally posted by Bharathi_gurti

Diii so nice to read something from you...that's so so good you know...
I almost die for chithrahar and jungle book
Loved Chandrakanta too
Dii what about world cup matches...
I had so many many things to do and I was very much occupied..life was good then...

And your dp is giving me goosebumps once again...do not change it haan😉
About this show I am yet to watch...I don't know how these memories are connected to this show..can you enlighten me...

When did u change ur name from sindu to bharathi ? 🤗

This show made me come back from my hiatus .. 🤣

Oh yeah cricket matches too .. I used to wear my fav pink night wear so that india could win matches 🤣 also used to pray to God so that we can win the match .. 

I gave u link last week itself check group it's there .. 

Actually in the show since day one thy r showing how life used to b during 90s or 80s .. so it's making us nostalgic while watching it remembering what all we used to do while in school ..😆
Originally posted by curious1

beautiful post. Nice show so far. Hopefully they will show the advancements in 2000 so the younger generation can also relate to this.

Thank u .. Hope so ..

I also hope that thy don't compromise the show for sake of trps ..