Soothing the Fire- Thread 2 (Ch-33 on Page-57) 17.10

rainbowveins thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Thread-2

Link to Thread-1

Here we are! The second thread for Soothing The Fire! Can't believe I'm here :')

Anyway, won't get too emotional. Let's get on with the story, because I'm VERY eager to know your response to the surprise. Hope you all like it, and are as excited as I am for what's coming!

I know this is a very short chapter, but what to do guys, couldn't wait to update this 😆

Chapter-21

"Hi, actually, I'm calling to enquire about a student called Sahil Chaturvedi."

If anyone had told Annika that her boyfriend was currently talking to her brother's class teacher, she would have never believed it because of course, Shivaay Singh Oberoi had better things to do. But as it was, she wasn't obsessed with every minute detail about her boyfriend's life as he was with hers, so she obliviously sat at her home sipping tea that Sunday night, while on the other side of the city, he spoke on.

"Yes, he's in the 2nd standard. Actually, I was made aware that there is an upcoming trip to Delhi this week, that Sahil had been chosen to participate in?"

When he got an answer in the affirmative, he continued.

"What I wanted to know is, when exactly is this trip? And when does it end?"

The reply was something around "Who are you and why do you want to know this," but as soon as Shivaay said his name, all information came spilling out. After he had gotten what he wanted, Shivaay made a few more calls, and about half an hour later, sat smirking his arrogant smirk on his king-sized bed. The smirk was soon replaced by a goofy smile as he thought of a certain someone as he wondered what her reaction would be when he met her the next night to break the news. He was just lost in his thoughts when his brothers trudged in.

"Bhaiya, I get that you're in love and all, but your random smiles are honestly getting quite creepy." Rudra remarked while flopping down on the bed, earning a smack from Shivaay.

"Comment all you want, my boy, but we'll see how you behave when you fall in love," Shivaay replied.

Rudra scowled, and tried to assure himself that Saumya's name instantly passing his head at the mention of love was a mere coincidence.

"I'm not made for this love-shove, bhaiya. Mera toh usool hai life mein sirf enjoy karna. And anyways, it's O who's in line after you, isn't it?"

Om, who had been busy inspecting the paint on Shivaay's wall that he had done a few years back, turned towards the conversation at this point.

"What do you mean I'M next in line? You know I don't believe in love, right?" Om replied with a roll of his eyes.

Shivaay grinned at that, and slapped a hand on his artist brother's shoulder.

"Just a few days ago, even I didn't believe in love, Om. But now look at me! It's just a matter of finding the right woman, my brother!"

"Nope, not happening." Om replied in a fake, sweet voice.

"Whatever you say," Shivaay shrugged.

The three then started gossiping, and Shivaay shared with them what he was planning to do.

"Woah, that's amazing!" Rudra exclaimed, surprised at how romantic his brother had become. Probably the effect of spending time with him.

"But Shivaay, are you sure Annika bhabi will agree to this?" Om asked curiously. It was doubtful if she would, and he wondered if Shivaay would have to go into his old SSO mode to convince her...

"Well she has to," Shivaay replied. To be honest, the thought of her denying hadn't crossed his mind- he had been too occupied in the prospect of it all. In fact, he had only called her 5 times in the ENTIRE day to refrain from giving away anything.

Om and Rudra snorted at his reply, and shook their heads at how confident their brother was. Soon, though, he would probably be in for a surprise himself.

"Anyway, I should probably be going to sleep," Shivaay said while pulling the duvet over himself. "Big day tomorrow- Mrs. Kapoor is coming to sign the papers in my office, and finally the plan will be put to action. Goodnight, guys!"

Soon, the three drifted off to sleep beside each other.

The next morning found Shivaay in an exceptionally cheerful mood that surprised his employees. They were already confused about the identity of the girl he had fired the receptionist for, and now he was behaving all weird. No one, of course, had the guts to ask him about it. Shivaay Singh Oberoi was a person no one could approach without having atleast one nervous breakdown first.

"Ah, Mrs. Kapoor," Shivaay greeted her as she entered his cabin, his blood boiling inside to see this abominable woman. The only thing that kept him from throwing her out was the smug knowledge that soon, she would be out on the roads anyway.

"Tell me, Shivaay, what new contracts do you want me to sign? I'm surprised, actually, that you suddenly want to make new deals with us. Surprised but thrilled, of course," She added quickly, lest he change his mind. Shivaay smirked at that- she had no idea what was coming for her.

"It was a sudden decision, actually. But I thought, who better to enter into partnerships with other than my future in-laws? So here are the papers, you can look through them before signing." He passed over a few papers, and heaved in relief when she started signing without reading.

"Oh, no need to read. We've been partners for long, and I completely trust your judgement."

And so it was that she had no clue about the additional clause in the contracts- If the Oberois go bankrupt, the Kapoors would take full liability of repaying the investors.

"I'm coming!" Annika shouted from her house at the person persistently knocking on her door. She guessed it was Sahil, who had gone to meet his friend in the neighborhood. Opening the door, though, she came face to face with a particular grinning baggad billa.

"Shivaay, aap?" She asked surprised, albeit not displeased. Letting him in, she closed the door.

"Yep, main," He replied still grinning, and pecked her softly on the cheek.

"I haven't seen you in so long, he continued with an adorable pout. "How've you been?"

Annika rolled her eyes.

"It's just been 2 days, Shivaay! And anyway, you have been on the phone with me consistently, so I do think you know exactly how I've been."

Shivaay pouted again at that, making her kiss him on the lips with a giggle.

"Anyway, I have something for you," He said, a wide, eager smile forming on his face.

"What?"

"A surprise."

Annika looked at him skeptically.

"...Okay.." She replied, not being able to guess what his surprise could possibly be. She didn't have to wait for long, though.

Protruding from his pocket, Shivaay handed over to her two rectangular pieces of paper.

Annika looked at them for a few seconds, before her eyes went wide round. And then, she exclaimed in a voice loud enough to be heard outside-

"TICKETS TO GOA?!!"

Index-

Chapter-22

Chapter-23

Chapter-24

Chapter-25

Chapter-26

Chapter-27

Chapter-28

Chapter-29

Chapter-30

Chapter-31

Chapter-32

Chapter-33

Edited by rainbowveins - 5 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

silver_dustXX thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Res 
Unres
First?
Congo on your new thread🤗
Right into the update!
Rudy is the cutest man! Telling Shivaay his smile is downright creepy😆
I guess Om is next in line then😉 and Annika shouldn't be surprised with SSO regarding Sahil, but little did she know about his devious plans😆
Mrs. Kapoor, such an idiot for a vamp🤢😕😆 who on right mind would sign partnership papers without reading them? 😲 but I am glad she did😆
Goa
Congratzzz again⭐️
Edited by KrazyKripzy - 6 years ago
kaavya009 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yaay soon to witness loads of Shivika pre-wedding honeymoon romance. Super excited . Update soon love.

Congrats for the thread two and loved the banner 👏.
Edited by kavya009 - 6 years ago
Nohsin10 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Fantastic update 
Wow trip to goa
Shivika are going alone ?
Pre-wedding honeymoon 😆
Thanks for pm
Kkkp thumbnail
Congratulations for 2nd thred...Amazing update..Waiting for next...goa is on 
SMRUTIP thumbnail
congrats dear for 2nd thread. loved it.and about the story i am in love with it.do write next part as soon as possible.😊
minamma thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Congo for thread 2 
Oh my mata
Goa...!!!
I m telling you iss billu ke irade kuch theek nhi lgte muje
Lollzz
panjami thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Th2...Cngrtz...
Yes it is a short update...But im sooo happy to get an unexpected swt chapter.. 
Sooo ...Smthing is gonna happn in goa ,right😉
Since annika well aware of things from chanda...She may not be amused or may be prepared...I dnt know may be shivay wont be planning anything that sort...
Waiting for a nevr ending looong chapter
farinaks thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Pre honeymoon begins
Yipee party time fr the new thread and for our shivika too
Congratulations fr a new thread Payu
Awesome update
Tq fr pm
I've wrote another (18+) is Titled Lust on Sunday night
Already snd u pm
Have a look whenever u get time