-JC- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
I bet this show has a whole creative team made of 90's kids. The feels are so authentic. From chakki ka aata to the local magazine wala fashion, step cut, cinthol wala ad. The two braids for Hindi medium school, the convent atmosphere...its all so 90s. I am nostalgic watching the show. I can relate to both the school environments and the mohalle ka scenes. Be it arguing with teacher for miscalculating the marks...or getting excited about watching the acts on the street, a house full of neighbors when cricket match was going on, 5 rupaye ke samose and cold drinks... I remember when I used to get pocket money from my mom that I would save just to treat my friends in the school canteen. It used to be such a big deal. Now it all is just sweet memories. This show reminds me so much of my childhood. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mybro_2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Seriously .. chudidar with dupatta .. the ribbon on school pates, now no one has such long hair .. we miss ourselves so much ..

just love this concept ..
Jay_tapori thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: mybro_2004

Seriously .. chudidar with dupatta .. the ribbon on school pates, now no one has such long hair .. we miss ourselves so much ..

just love this concept ..

u said it all v miss ourselves watching this😳
TC_FA thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8
Main bhi school time Mein 2 chotiyaan karti thi πŸ˜† aur ek ek marks ke liye ladhti thi πŸ˜†

Those were the days 😳
rose1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Totally relatable for people like me ...Naina passed 10th in 1989. So 1990 she is in 11th. That means the will show college, work, marriage...just as it was back in the 90s...I belong to that era...so nice to see some PH come up with this concept...absolutely loving it...😊

aur haan 80s and almost till mid 90s..school mein do chotiyan banani padti thi...nahin to daant parti thi...aur ek ek marks ke liye teacher se ladna...so many times I had done it...😊
-JC- thumbnail
I actually have never seen any other period show be this authentic. I guess its easier to be authentic when the era you are depicting is only a few decades old. Meaning the people who are working behind the scene have lived through it themselves to make it all so real vs. those period shows that are older and then you can only reference from what is written about that era or what is recorded. 
Thats why 90's is still so beautiful because we live it in our memories not just in the printed or reading material. 
hey.bhaggu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I am loving this show so so much! I hope they keep the essence of the show like this, simple and nostalgic, without complicating and adding melo-drama for TRPs. This show is making me so nostalgic. Hiding magazines in school bags, fighting with teachers for that 1 point mark so that you can keep your class rank at #1, having thumbs up and gold spot, messing with antenna to get TV signal, those hairstyles, listening & humming to Maine Pyaar Kia (Rajishri movies) and pop songs, and so much more. What makes it more nostalgic is that I was born and brought up in Ahmedabad, so it just adds to it. 
There was a dialogue in the show that there was this positivity in air during those times, and honestly, I cannot help but agree with it. There was hope and a different energy in 90's that I miss so much. There was freshness in those mornings during 90's with crisp air. I wish we could bring that era back. It was literally the best era, all around!

This show also reminds me of shows like Hip Hip Hurray and Remix, even the direction and the camera-use is so like 90's TV shows. I hope this show gets successful just by being the way it is and brings along new era of Indian Television...90's and early 00's reboot (which literally had the best shows around).
Edited by hey.bhaggu - 6 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: hey.bhaggu

There was a dialogue in the show that there was this positivity in air during those times, and honestly, I cannot help but agree with it. There was hope and a different energy in 90's that I miss so much. There was freshness in those mornings during 90's with crisp air. I wish we could bring that era back. It was literally the best era, all around!

This show also reminds me of shows like Hip Hip Hurray and Remix, even the direction and the camera-use is so like 90's TV shows. I hope this show gets successful just by being the way it is and brings along new era of Indian Television...90's and early 00's reboot (which literally had the best shows around).

Completely agree :) 
dewdropred thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: -JC-

I bet this show has a whole creative team made of 90's kids. The feels are so authentic. From chakki ka aata to the local magazine wala fashion, step cut, cinthol wala ad. The two braids for Hindi medium school, the convent atmosphere...its all so 90s. I am nostalgic watching the show. I can relate to both the school environments and the mohalle ka scenes. Be it arguing with teacher for miscalculating the marks...or getting excited about watching the acts on the street, a house full of neighbors when cricket match was going on, 5 rupaye ke samose and cold drinks... I remember when I used to get pocket money from my mom that I would save just to treat my friends in the school canteen. It used to be such a big deal. Now it all is just sweet memories. This show reminds me so much of my childhood. 

During those times 2 braids are rule even for English medium that too convent run by nuns .. even now the rule is still same ... the braids are cross plated too for us .. 

This show takes us def down the memory lane ... 
-JC- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: hey.bhaggu

I

II think its the way the characters behave. The current modern trends are not part of the behavior. The hairstyles though old and out of fashion are made to feel attractive. The dialogs that feel catch the essence of how kids used to talk in the 90's not like today. "lagta hai maa ka dudh nahi piya" or "Dupatta", or the gyaan from family on love and how bad it is.