Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LINGLING thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Geet is ambitious. The woman has some stamina!! Persuing two careers passionately. And not to forget her partying in between.

Geet and Adrian. Both were young and at the start of their career.

Maan has finally starting to cooperate with his therapist. Unless he opens up, there can't be much progress. 

Geet and Maan meet with each other often but nothing has developed so far. Yes, Maan is attracted to Geet and is probably in love with her but nothing more. Geet is neutral towards him. But she surely has interacted with Maan to understand the gem that he is. I wish something developed out of their encounters. It will also motivate Maan in overpowering the demons of his past. 

The LA trip. Hoping for some positive changes in their relationship.

Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Chapter 49

“Remember your passports” Geet told her mother as she drove towards the airport. “Last time you forgot them, then had to go back for it” she reminded.

“Yes, I’ve got it in my hands” Marissa answered. “Sean called to tell us that he and Tara are already there with Nick and Theresa”.

“Alright, how far away are you and dad?” Geet asked.

“We’re setting off now”

“Okay, tell dad to drive quick” she responded. “I’m cutting off now, I’ve reached the airport” she told her mother then cut the call bidding bye. She parked her car up at the long stay bay parking area then headed inside with her suitcase.

She smiled noticing Nick stood on a chair clapping excitedly to something Sean said, as she approached them she noticed her work colleagues with their respective family members.

Maan had sat on a chair alone at the side, having seen the party of people who were going to be on the flight especially with most of them working with his brother, he preferred to be away especially seeing everyone starting to mingle and getting to know one another. Gaurav had settled on a chair besides him unable to stand up as long as he’d like to, he made small conversation with his grandson keeping him company. Their attention drew to Geet Pearson as she strode over confidently, she offered a casual smile to the people around her then instantly walked towards her nephew.

“Gigi” Nick squealed excitedly, “we’re going on a trip” he rushed over holding his hands out. Geet releases her suitcase handle crouching down and hugging her little boo boo answering excitedly. “Yep” she nodded, “You want to know where else you’re going?” she asked.

“Where?”

“Mickey…” she started.

“Disneyland” Nick yelled, “Mommy, Gigi is going to take me Disneyland” he jumped excitedly. “Papa Neel, Gigi is taking me to Disneyland” he called noting his grandparents approaching them.

“Wow, that’s so exciting” Suneel lifted his grandson into his arms. “Is it only you, she’s taking or does she plan to take the rest of her family as well?” he arched his brow.

“Are you broke?” Geet questioned.

“No”

“Well then you can pay for yourself and join us” she responded.

“See, how selfish your daughter is?” he taunted his wife teasingly.

“She’s my daughter when she’s selfish, but your angel when she’s done some good thing” Marissa rolled her eyes, “Well I’m glad she’s my daughter” she put her arm around Geet smiling at her husband.

“We’re with mom on that” Tara informed from her place, “Theresa is with me” she held her daughter’s tiny hand up.

“As always, the ladies ganging up on us, men” Suneel sighed.

“Hey papa neel, I wanna be in Gigi’s team” he wiggled to set himself free.

“Dad, you should know by now you shouldn’t go against these Pearson ladies” Sean laughed. Geet smirked lifting her nephew into her arms.

From where they’d sat they couldn’t hear what the Pearson family talked about, Maan didn’t pay much attention either as he was once again unable to hold back from noticing Geet Pearson. Today she had dressed down from her corporate clothes, she’d donned a v neck blouse, black shorts and slipped into black sandals. Her face free of any makeup and just a shade of lipgloss adoring her soft lips.

He clenched his jaw realising that he was staring again, he dipped his eyes looking away hoping no one had caught him. Unaware, that Suneel Shergill had been watching from a distant. Suneel glanced over at his daughter curiously, she turned her head at the time staring right ahead in the direction of Maan Khurana. His daughter looked away after a brief moment and focused on Nick then went on to greet a couple of her colleagues families.

Suneel excused himself telling his wife he’d be back in a bit and walked over approaching Gaurav and Maan.

“Suneel” Gaurav smiled standing to his feet and they both shook hands as they exchanged pleasantries.

“Hi Maan” Suneel turned to Maan.

“Namaste uncle” he greeted standing up, he’d always been taught to greet fellow Indian brothers and sisters using their national greeting. They exchanged pleasantries then Suneel asked.

“I hear Geet is working on your outhouse” Suneel said, Geet paused her conversation with Zarina and glanced over to where her father stood. She was now closer to the Khurana family however her back was towards them as she spoke to Zarina and her husband.

Geet smiled as Zarina said something as she curiously wondered whether Maan would share about the disaster that happened.

“She’s doing a great job” Maan answered softly, he smiled gently. “The 3D designs gives me something to look forward to” he added.

“It’s true, I think we’re more excited to see it” Gaurav agreed unaware that the outhouse flooring was a little ruined.

Maan has asked them to stay away as the work is going to be dangerous for the next couple of weeks and he didn’t want his grandparents hurting themselves or becoming an obstacle. He also knew that once his grandparents found out, they’d instantly offer to pay which he didn’t want. He’ll use his own savings but he wasn’t going to allow his grandparents spend their hard earned pension on him or the outhouse. Geet wondered as to why Maan nor his grandfather had revealed to her Dad that the floor was ruined due to a burst pipe, even if they had told her father anything – it wasn’t her fault. The hole where the crack appeared was rusty.

A little away from her, Dadima was sharing a couple of her views with her daughter in law.

“Yeh kaise kapre hai, Rhea?” Dadima murmured disapprovingly.

“Maa, sab trip pe jaa rahe hai” Rhea replied.

“Phir bhi…sharam bhi koi cheez hoti haina”

Rhea decided it was better to leave it as she knew she wasn’t just going to win her mother in law’s views right now, she looked over at Geet who was now checking something on her phone. Whilst Geet was occupied, she briefly perused the woman, other than wearing clothes that her mother in law disapproved with she couldn’t see anything else really wrong with her.

The woman owned a business which was famous and renowned internationally as her hobby, her main job was air stewardess. Other than the age difference which she herself was a little wary of, she didn’t see anything else wrong. Their city was changing every day, views changed, minds broadened. The Bollywood industry played a part in changing a couple hundred point of views considering that the audience saw them as role models, which enabled many women grasp and accept the changes to society and it had now become the norm. However, it also strengthened some point of views as some felt their city was being radicalised, taking a turn for the worst. Her mother in law belonged to the latter, though they weren’t as strong as some.

Savitri had grown up believing the woman’s first job is to make her home, and look after the family, after that comes job and whatever else. Had she had a daughter, she would’ve brought her daughter up like that however she didn’t. She only had one son – Maan’s father Rajeev.

“Right, has everyone got their passports?” Geet pocketed her phone moving towards the front asking everyone.

Most of them nodded and some answered.

“Okay, I’ve got the tickets on me. We’re going to be boarding soon, so can you all move to gate 16 and check in” she called out so everyone heard. “Gate 16 is that way” she pointed, everyone gathered their suitcases and followed one another. After they checked in, they waited in the waiting room for a while before being lead towards the airplane.

“Geet” Ashley smiled seeing her, “Holiday?”

“Something like that” Geet nodded, “That’s all my party” Geet pointed handing her the tickets. Ashley nodded and counting each ticket whilst checking the passport as they walked through.

“I wanna sit with you, Gigi” Nick held out his arms.

“I’m coming boo boo, you go in with daddy” Geet answered standing besides Ashley as she ensured everyone that belonged to her group entered. Geet entered noting Sophia working, for all she remembered from the emergency landing incident was Sophia was pregnant.

“Geet” Sophia looked at her surprised.

“Come with me” Geet gestured stepping away and closing the curtains. “What are you doing here?” she questioned.

“I’m working” Sophia answered.

“Sophia, nearly a year ago you were pregnant and due to be on maternity leave. You’re supposed to be on maternity leave for minimum 3 months, so what are you doing here?” Geet asked. “No one informed me of your return”.

“I’ve been transferred over to Michael’s team” Sophia responded, “Jacob left me, maternity wasn’t paying me enough to keep me going. I live in Dubai” she murmured.

“Why would you not have told me before transferring?”

“I’m living in Dubai now, I moved to be close to.. and he just said he couldn’t do it”

“Oh Soph” Geet looked at her apologetically, “I’ll speak to Michael and see if I can get you transferred, looking after your little one alone in Dubai is going to cost you an arm and leg with the contract you’re on”.

“Thanks Geet” Sophia looked at her gratefully.

“Its okay, girl or boy?”

“I’ve got a daughter, I kept her name Jasmine” Sophia pulled out her phone showing a couple of pictures of Jasmine.

“She’s adorable” Geet smiled, “she’s got chubby pink cheeks, I want to pinch them already” she chuckled.

“We should meet up, We’ve not met in a while” Sophia suggested.

“I’ll let you know the dates” Geet replied turning to see Ashley walking over.

“C’mon Miss, to your seat” Ashley pointed.

“I know the procedure, thank you” Geet rolled her eyes laughing and walked away, she stopped glancing over her shoulder “you get a free pass coz of Jasmine” she told Ashley.

“I’m going to boss you around as the head stewardess, I won’t get this opportunity again” Ashley chuckled. “There’s only like one seat left, Nick saved it for you”.

“That’s my boo boo” she grinned widely.

As Geet returned, her group were all seated and so were the remaining passengers leaving her the last passenger seat which happened to be the seat nearest to aisles, besides her sat her nephew with his tablet and besides him near the window sat Gaurav Khurana.

On the other three seats, near the aisle sat Maan Khurana Who was only a mere 2 metre distance from her, on the middle sat Savitri Khurana and Rhea Khurana. Geet for the first time cursed her nephew choosing such a seat, couldn’t he have sat next to her parents or his own. She looked around and noticed her family sat further down chatting away happily with Adhira and her children.

Great, for the next 34 hours she’s going to be sat here…

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Chapter 50

Adrian Lewis stared out of the window enjoying the warmth of the blazing sunrays casting down over his apartment. He pushed open the balcony doors and stepped out, brushing his fingers through his thick hair, a small smile adorning his lips.

His phone buzzed in his pocket, he pulled out his phone smiling as he read the text.

Just arrived! On my way xxx

He responded instantly grinning widely, he couldn’t wait to see his girlfriend.

Their respective jobs had taken up most of their time, with him being the face of Calvin Klein, he had been touring around various countries and cities for photoshoots. Geet was setting down the foundations of her designing company followed by her hectic schedule with the airline. He and Geet had talked of finding a house together, however they never discussed where. Adrian was settled in Dubai and since her training had finished she returned to India and was living with her parents whilst now starting up her own business.

Despite their schedule, they just about managed to see one another during the weekends, he either visited her before going for another job or she’d visit Dubai whilst flying on the job and stayed at his apartment.

Adrian turned around hearing the key rattle and the door opened, he turned around stepping inside the apartment grinning widely as he saw his girlfriend walk in.

Geet released her hold on her suitcase and moved towards him, she threw her arms around his neck as he lifted her off her feet kissing her fervently.

“I missed you so much” she sighed burrowing her face into the hollow of his neck.

“Are we going to be ignoring each other through the flight?” Gaurav questioned after a moment noticing how stiffly Geet had settled.

“Mr Khurana, I’m not…”

“Geet, you don’t need to be formal” Gaurav cut in smiling gently, “I realise that you’re holding a grudge against us”.

Geet didn’t say anything, she wasn’t going to lie to the old man.

“I also understand that we judged you poorly, and we never should have” he continued, “I apologise for that, that has been a regretting mistake”.

Geet looked confused and curious at the same time, he regretted saying no and found that their no had been a mistake.

“I’d like to extend my hand of friendship and call this a truce?” Gaurav held out his hand.

Geet considered for a moment and shook his hand offering a smile.

“I apologised to Marissa, but never got to apologise to you” he added.

“It’s okay” Geet answered, the grudge she held chipped away. She’d been judged many times for various reasons, not many had apologised for judging her before knowing her.

A genuine apology is what it takes, she would forgive at the snap of her fingers if the apology was genuine and one regretted it.

“Gigi, I’m bored” Nick looked up at her getting bored of his tablet. “Can I take my seatbelt off?” he questioned shoving his tablet away and tugging at the seatbelt.

“Not now, give them another couple of minutes” she answered taking his hands into hers trying to distract him, they weren’t cleared to unbuckle their seatbelts yet.

“I don’t wanna fly anymore, I’m bored” he scrunched his nose.

Why did you sit here then? Geet pondered, she found herself noting Gaurav Khurana looking amused. Had she muttered her words? It was either that, or he was amused by her nephew. She hoped it was the latter.

“Do you read, son?” Gaurav asked grabbing Nick’s attention.

“I’m not your son” Nick frowned, “My daddy is over there”.

Geet smiled inwardly watching their interaction, she turned her body slightly facing Nick. Unaware that her t-shirt had ridden up, the small of her back exposed and drew the attention of the man that only settled on the other row.

Maan shifted uncomfortably, the small dimples of the small of her back were prominent, he also noticed a black tribal mark that peaked out, another tattoo. He wondered when she had gotten that, as she had revealed on the Instagram video the one on her forearm was her first tattoo. Maan looked away hoping no one realised he was staring, he couldn’t believe his damn luck.

Gaurav had chuckled at Nick’s response, “I didn’t mean to say I’m your daddy”.

“You can call me Nick, mister” Nick informed. “This is my Gigi” he pointed. “But I only call her Gigi, alright?”

“Okay, so what can I call her?” Gaurav asked.

“Hey Gigi, what does the Santa call you?” he asked innocently.

Geet looked surprised at his choice of wordings, she looked up seeing Gaurav laughing which made her only chuckle. “Boo, boo I don’t think he’s santa”.

Nick looked over and perused him then turned to Geet, “He’s skinny to be Santa. Santa is fat”. Before Geet could respond, Ashley and Sophia came down the aisles asking everyone what they’d like to drink. Gaurav pulled out his wallet, whilst Geet ordered herself a glass of flavoured water and a carton of orange juice for Nick.

Geet looked at Nick for approval when she noticed Gaurav had pulled out his wallet, she informed “All drinks and meals are free on the Emirates, unless you’re ordering the premium champagne”. 

“Oh, okay” Gaurav was surprised, usually all airlines charged for food and drinks and the cost was ridiculously overpriced.

“Would you like something sir? We do hot drinks as well”.

“Can I get a coffee with 2 sugars, no milk” Gaurav requested.

“You want anything else?” Geet asked helping herself to the orange juice on the cart and grabbed herself a bottled water.

“Crisp” Nick grinned.

“Of course” Geet rolled her eyes knowing his love for crisps came from her sister who was munching on them a lot over the last few months since she learned about her 3rd pregnancy.

“Pass him a cheese and onion crisp” Geet told Ashley.

After Ashley and Sophia had served their row, they moved forward serving the next passengers. Geet opened up the packet of crisps for her nephew then unscrewed the lid of her bottle, her lid however accidentally fell out of her hands rolling over to the side just as another air stewardess walked pass nudging her elbow unknowingly. The lid had rolled to a stop by Maan’s feet.

She turned her head to look at him and he averted his eyes immediately.

“Maan” she called.

Maan cursed his eyes for staring at her, what the hell was wrong with him? He turned his face towards her trying to seem nonchalant but it was so difficult. He was trying to seem invisible as he sat in the airline, but with her so close…he found himself staring at her.

“Would you be able pass the bottle lid? It’s rolled over” she asked.

He looked down and noticed that the lid was indeed near his feet, he bent down reaching for the lid and straightened, he held it out for her. Electric currents sizzled through him awakening his every desire as her fingers touched his skin as she took the lid.

“Thanks” Geet sipped her flavoured water, she hadn’t ignored how his skin heated. She noticed the shudder when her fingers touched him, she took another gulp glancing at the corner of her eyes, he was now looking away.

She hadn’t missed the glances she had received over the last few months, she certainly wasn’t blind to someone attracted to her. She had seen many times with her dates, the soft look in their eyes and the eyes focused. His eyes softened and focused whenever she had noted him watching her. She had ignored it, he averted his eyes each time and looked away from meeting her eyes. She just hadn’t thought he’d feel attracted to her, not after their first initial meeting at her house.

Savitri had stolen glances over where her husband had sat down, then looked at Nick and Geet. She was going to sit besides her husband however Nick had ran in and sat there, and ‘saved’ the seat beside him for his Gigi. She looked distastefully when Geet had crossed her leg over the other, her bare thighs and knees exposed to everyone close to her.

She didn’t seem to notice the sort of attention she was drawing to herself, had Geet been brought up properly, she would’ve been aware of the men sitting around her and covered herself properly. It also didn’t escape her notice, the tattoo that adorned her forearm.

Back in her days, she hadn’t ever worn a kameez that came above her knees. Since she married her husband, she had been wearing sarees with the full blouse that covered her completely, she believed her body was only for her husband to see. It wasn’t there for the rest of the world to see, she had been instilled with that belief from her young age.

“Where are you going?” Geet asked Sean as he walked by.

“Just heading to the toilet” he answered.

“Hi daddy” Nick looked up grinning. “Santa called me son” he pointed to Gaurav, “Are you going to shout at him now? You said you’re going to…”

“Okay, that’s enough from you boo boo” Geet covered his mouth looking at her brother in law, “Clearly he has a knack for talking, doesn’t surprise me seeing as you’re the father”.

Sean shrugged, “Hey, at least he’s honest”.

“What’s Tara doing?”

“She’s nodded off with Theresa in her arms” he told her, “I’ll catch you in a bit, I need the toilet” he excused himself walking away.

Geet knotted her gown, drying her hair she scrunched it up into a bun and walked out of the bedroom inhaling the aromatic cooking smell coming from the kitchen.

“What are you making?” she questioned pausing by the doorway, she perused her boyfriend from behind, he had taken his t-shirt off, his dark jeans rode low on his hips revealing his toned abs and V that she so loved.

“Salt and pepper chicken with stir fry noodles” he glanced over arching his brows noticing how she leaned against the doorframe only dressed in a navy coloured gown.

“Come here, Pearson” he lowered the flame and turned around. “I don’t think I kissed you a proper welcome”.

Geet smiled walking over, her hands instantly going to his shoulders and tilting her head back allowing him to kiss her deeply.

“Kartik doesn’t believe we won the award back in 2015” Shaira walked over leaning against the seats and looked at Geet.

“I didn’t say that” Kartik walked over piping in.

“He scoffed” Zarina called out laughing.

Geet arched her brows, “Are you doubting my firm, kid?” she questioned.

“Can you stop calling me kid? At least don’t call me that in front of my family” Kartik looked embarrassed, his cheeks heated. It didn’t help that he had a baby face.

“It suits you, son” Gaurav chuckled.

“He, your daddy?” Nick looked up from his tablet hearing the word son again and looked at Kartik.

“No, I don’t know him” Kartik answered shaking his head.

“Why you call everyone son?”

“It’s like a name” Geet informed, “Like how you call me boo boo nicely, he says son”

“I don’t like son” Nick looked at Gaurav, “You call me Nick, or… or pumpkin like Papa Neels calls Gigi. I never be called Pumpkin”.

“Pumpkin?” Kartik snickered.

“Something wrong with that? Kid” she emphasised.

“No, no..” Kartik shook his head biting back his smile, it didn’t last long he laughed.

“Boo boo, I sometimes don’t like you” Geet looked down at her nephew, she excused herself heading down the aisle to go to the toilet.

The door opened suddenly, startled she stepped back only to have a wrist catch her and stop her from stumbling back, she stepped forward trying to stop her own self from falling.  

She felt herself colliding full frontal with another body, their eyes drew to one another…

Please spare a moment to share a thought on the chapters and hope that you are enjoying BNB

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

deepa111 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Well, so it's tsunami that ruin the work in outhouse..

Seriously these work r really not easy....

But I also liked that geet just didn't brush off the responsibility infact admit her side of mistake too and offered a discount...

Also ,what should I say about maan.

He always amazed me...

Though he know his family willing to pay the Extra charges due to the loss of rusting pipe but he didn't want them too..he himself want to pay for everything with his own money...

From the Fb part ,I really admired how geet start everything from scratch and didn't threatend by John or Diane...

Seriously that Diana using under tables method gets her project nd now teaching geet that she deserves based on her degree Nd experience ..🤔

Wow, i loved how maan caught a glance of geet now and then... infact I was thinking how come geet didn't feel that coz girl's got a sixth sense when they were stared...but u explained later that she knows about it too..

And maan is not the only one who is affected by her but geet too feel shudder with his touch...

And suneel too noticed maan's glancing..

Well, I hope that gaurav n suneel do something to create some opportunities for them...

But , I don't SD behaviour 

To b honest judging a girl on the basis of her clothes is disgusting Nd discriminating...

I know ,our Indian culture teaches us  different values n ethics from  the western culture.

But we need to change according to the situation but preserving our culture at the same time..

The way she brought up and the environment she grown up is way to different from what environment geet grown up..

And someone's clothes can never b the certificate of its character...

I worry that how these two go along each other if maaneet wil b together in future...

One side she is critising her in mind while her grandson admiring her.

Well, I love nick so much..he is so cute Nd adorable..

Nxt up gaurav apology to geet is also a gud thing, judging a person without knowing him /her is not something that could b appreciated..

Sadly, many of us sometimes easily make our opinions without knowing the person in real..

Geet n Adrian really had sweet time in the past..

Both being hell busy but still squeeze out some time to spend with each other ..

In the last part , I guess geet bump into maan ...

Waiting for the maahi moment..

Edited by deepa111 - 3 years ago
LINGLING thumbnail

Ch 48

Water-pipe problem at outhouse has a positive side to it. Work there going to take ionger to finish. Means more chances of Maan-Geet meeting. Great!

Geet started her own company by stealing clients. Not professional ethics. But it was an act that came into being because she felt being manipulated and not getting her dues. So, okay in that sense. 

LINGLING thumbnail

Ch 49

The free trip for employees and the choice of family members accompanying shows Geet is a fair boss.

The trip should give the 2 families opportunity to bond or at least get to know each other better. But Dadi being very traditional in values, may not approve of Geet. Geet's style of dressing is already disapproved by Dadi.

Oh, the seating arrangement!! Seriously! She is stuck! But Maan should be happy. God sent!! Hope something interesting happens.

LINGLING thumbnail

Ch 50

Adrian, Geet's past. They were so involved with each other. Long-distant relationship can be difficult to maintain! 

Maan just can't take his eyes off Geet. He is so smitten by her. And now both Dadaji and Suneel are aware of this. I believe they may try to play Cupid. Oh, Dadaji is already on it. He apologized and extended a hand of friendship towards Geet. And Geet accepted. Lovely!! And Geet too has noticed Maan stealing glances at her. 

Dadi is critical of Geet's sense of dressing and mannerism in general. Only if she knows the one night affairs that is so normal for Geet. And her grandson, the chaste soul!

Oh! The collision! It is surely going to play havoc with Maan's senses. Hope it stirs something in Geet too. 

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

chapter 1

Maan has nightmares from an event in his past.

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Geet is a flight attendant. She deals nicely with cranky customers.

Maan not too happy with this therapy.