Mythological Masti

Their Light- A Janmashtami OS

SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
Happy Janmashtami! 
On this occasion, I wrote an OS for my darling Lord. It is different from what I usually write, but I wrote it all the same. This OS is dedicated to Him, and Him alone, along with Dau. 

P.S. The banner will be ready soon :) 

I have also started a new story SatyabhaMadhavam today. Please do check it out, and leave feedback :) 

THEIR LIGHT

Thunder rumbled loudly, as the lightning flashed across the dark sky majestically. The rain clouds, accumulated in grey masses, joining together, causing something akin to a rain flood. The sound of the droplets of water were so loud that it seemed like drums were being beaten, using the Earth as the surface.

The cows would have lush green pasture', he thought absently, his mind thinking about the beautiful little boy, whose skin was as dark as the raging sky outside, and of the boy, who was as fair as milk itself. His little Kanha and Rama! How he missed them! It was Krishna's birthday, and the entire Vrindavan had celebrated it, imagining the two brothers amidst them.

"Arya! Arya!

Yashoda's voice jerked Nanda back to reality.

"Yashoda, what happened?, asked he, concern dancing in his countenance.

"Nothing Arya. I finished my work, and came to find you. I didn't expect to find you deep in thought, said Yashoda, softly.

"I couldn't help it, Priye. The sky outside is reminding me of many things, said Nandarai.

"What are they?, asked Yashoda, gently taking him by the hand, and seating him on the couch. She seated herself to his left, and looked at him expectantly.

"The storm brewing outside reminded me of my close friend, Vasudeva, said Nanda, softly. "Of that night when our daughter was born, the same night Kanha came to us

"Tell me Swami?, asked Yashoda, tears shining in her eyes.

Nanda thought back to that day, his eyes glazed with remembrance.

Nanda gazed at the Yamuna, dismayed. How would Vasudeva cross the heavy flooding and make his way to this side? He had been woken up by a Divine voice, which asked him to wait for Vasudeva at the banks of Yamuna. How will his dear friend leave prison and come? His Yashoda had just given birth to a baby girl, and he didn't want to leave her side. But the voice was so compelling that he had to go. Something big was about to happen.

His eyes widened, as he saw the river parting fully, leaving dry land in the centre, as he watched his friend Vasudeva walk toward him, a basket on his head, with a bright light protecting him. It almost looked like it was a hooded snake. Nanda blinked, and he lost sight of what the white light represented.

"Nanda, my friend

Vasudeva's hoarse voice made Nanda blink at his friend, before embracing him, careful not to crush the basket Vasudeva was holding to his chest.

"Nanda, this is my son, whispered Vasudeva, placing the basket in Nanda's hands. Nanda met Lotus eyes, as a heavy surge of paternal love ran all over him, making him want to protect the little baby.

"And the rest was history. Vasudeva gave Kanha to us, and took our daughter with him, said Nanda, softly.

"And Kanha became Nandalaal and Yashoda's Kanha, said Yashoda, smiling nostalgically. "The second I saw Him, I lost my heart to Him

Lotus eyes, dark skin, perfectly chiselled features. How were they all present in an infant? That too, an infant born the day before? Yashoda lost her heart, as the captivating eyes of the baby looked into hers, melting her heart, and making her feel like the most blessed mother in the world.

"He was the light in our darkness, the ray of hope in our despair, said Nanda. "His coming made everything in life auspicious, and following Him, Mahalakshmi came to us too

"Literally and figuratively, said Yashoda, thinking of Radha and the flourishing prosperity of Gokuldham and Vrindavan.

"Exactly, said Nanda, smiling. "He and Rama filled our lives, devoid of children previously

"Their tinkling anklets, mischievous laughter and childish arguments were always the soul of our lives, said Yashoda. "I am sure that both of them simply staged their arguments, to entertain Rohini and I

Yashoda's smile became wistful, as she thought of Rohini and the relationship they shared. Being Nanda's sister, Rohini was one of the closest sisters Yashoda has ever had. And though she had met Devaki only a few times, her heart always understood Devaki's agony, having gone through something similar herself.

"You miss Rohini, said Nanda, softly.

"I do. She sends me letters all the time, you know that. But it is not the same as seeing her, whispered Yashoda, softly.

"I know. I miss her too. However, after a long separation, she is going back to Vasudeva. Let them be happy now, said Nanda.

"They are. Rohini wrote to me about Subhadra, said Yashoda. "She looks like a mixture of Kanha and Rama, and they dote on her

"How will they not? They always wanted a younger sister, said Nanda.

"And that younger sister will be their precious gem, said Yashoda. "I can visualise the two of them as elder brothers

"They will adore her, said Nanda. "Do you remember Kanha's second birthday?

"Who can forget? He fussed to eat anything till Rama fed Him makhan. Then He happily ate everything, said Yashoda.

"Their bonding is Divine, said Nanda. "I have never seen anything like that. The only bonding that seems to match them is that of Lords Rama and Lakshmana

"Maybe that is who they are, said Yashoda. "They could be the reincarnations of Lords Rama and Lakshmana. Their behaviour certainly shows that

"The only difference is, our Rama is more like Lakshmana, and Kanha is more like Rama, said Nanda.

"Remember Nath? Both of them used to play act, with Kanha as Lord Rama, Rama as Lord Lakshmana, and Radha as Sita, said Yashoda. Both of them smiled at the other, remembering the Rama Navami the two brothers had enacted on Krishna's seventh birthday.

"Swami, with their leave, everything has become desolate, said Yashoda. "I want my two babies back, and I want them to sleep with their heads on my lap, like they always used to

"Yashoda, I understand how you feel. But then, said Nandarai.

"Devaki has never had them with her when they were children. She gave up everything for them, along with her Lord. It is her time to celebrate with them, said Yashoda.

"It is. You always tell me that every time I think of our two sons coming back to us, said Nanda.

"Maiya! Baba!

Two cheerful voices sounded, causing the couple to blink in confusion and surprise, as their parental instincts told them that the voices belonged to their Kanha and Rama alone.

"Maiyaaa! Babbaaa!

The voices now dragged the aa', and the sound of tinkling anklets made Nanda and Yashoda get up from their place and rush to the inner chambers from where the sound was coming.

"Maiya! Baba!

Both of them gasped at the sight in front of them. Five-year-old Balarama and four-year-old Krishna were mock wrestling with each other, and they both looked up innocently at Yashoda and Nanda, whose jaws almost hit the floor.

"Maiya, Baba! Kanha and I wanted to sleep on your laps today, said Balarama, pouting cutely.

"We did. It is, after all, my birthday, said Krishna, grinning and jumping into Nanda's arms. Yashoda scooped up Balarama, and both smiling, sat on the bed, humming lullabies for the two of them, neither questioning the presence of the boys, knowing that it was indeed the said boys who had made it happen.

At Dwaraka...

Krishna and Balarama smiled at each other. They had given their Maiya and Baba what they wanted, as they lay their heads on their Maa, Maiya and Pitaji's laps, even as elsewhere in the same palace, they were with their wives. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

2filmy thumbnail
Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
What a beautiful story
So heart warming