Waaris

FF:Two sides of the same coin.

rani7131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Thanks Delia ๐Ÿ˜ณ.  Umm Hello waarisians. ...I'm preeti a.k.a rani7131. So this is my second ff. This is not a rajpreet ff ...this is slightly different. ...me and Delia had once discussed /had convo on  what would have raj done if mannu and preet were two different people or individual.  So this ff is based on that in this ff mannu and preet both are different people. But there is a little twist preet won't marry raj she will marry mannu instead  ( really weird I know. ..) .Delia will also write an ff on this same prompt but with a slightly different version. ..
 Oh and just for an info mannu and preet don't look the same. Here mannu looks like a young version of his father  (iqbal khan ) while preet looks the same  (farnaz shetty ) .So here is the 1 chapter. 

Index 

Chapter 7:-    https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/145514854

Chapter 11:-  https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/145635757
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Two sides of the same coin. 

Chapter 1 

At Pawania House :-

Mannu barged in his room he was soaking wet cause of holi water the green colour water staining his light blue kurta . Mannu was really annoyed.  He was already pretty late for the holi function and just when he got ready and was about to go  the stupid wedding planner decided to play a prank on him.  By pouring the coloured water on him.  Despite he made himself clear the other day that he doesn't like and will never play holi , that planner still did this. 

"Great now I'll be more late for the function ..." Mannu mussed in frustration taking off his turban  "woh kagach ka phool! Bas ek bhar mere hath aa jaye--" he was intrupted when he heard the closing sound of the door . He turned around to see an angry gunjan by the door.  "Gunjan didi  what are you--' 

"Mannu i want to talk to you"

"Talk about what ? " Mannu asked a bit confused. "What! don't tell me you forgot about it already?! You know what today is? "
Gunjan asked who looked even more angry. Mannu was still confused , he still didn't understand why his sister was mad at him. "Oh! So you did forget about it. " Gunjan said bitterly "Well then let me remind you again in case you forgot Mannu Pawania today is my Roka with that Aman Pahuja the one I'm forced to marry to.  " gunjan fumed. 'Oh now i get it ' Mannu thought , he sighed in frustration he knew where this was going.  

"Gunjan didi. I know today is your Roka. And I haven't forgotten anything. " 

"Then why aren't you doing anything?! Why aren't you helping your sister?"

"Didi I'm trying.  You saw when I tried to talk it out with mummy ji , how i tried to get rid of the wedding planner so that I get/buy some time to stop this wedding "

"Well I can't see you throwing out that wedding planner cause your being all friendly with him playing holi with him. Here your sister is sad and worried cause she is forced to get married to someone she doesn't like. While you are busy playing holi with that Rajveer  "

"What? No I wasn't playing with him he was the one poured the coloured water on me he--"

"You said you talked with mummy then what's all this? Why isn't she calling off the wedding. "

"Didi you saw the whole thing.  You saw and heared the whole conversation.  I talked to her in front of you, but when she asked you, you  said you're OK with the wedding?!"

" Mannu i told you I can't talk to mummy ji you know I'm scared of her! Do you think  that if i said to her that I'm not happy with this marriage she would have called off this wedding?  No! She would have killed me. She is not how she used to be before .If it was that easy then I wouldn't have asked your help in the first place!!"

"Didi just stop it! I think you should go and get ready for the Roka--"

"I'm not going"

"What?! Didi you can't . You know the pahujas are highly people.  They even call the media and even celebs for today's function.  Whole Gaguwal will be there even the bajwas will be there! If you didn't come--"

" Hamari pariwar ki ya yuh kahe ki mummy ji ki izzat miti mei mil jayegi. Well I don't care! I'm not going to--"

"Enough! " Mannu yelled suddenly  losing his temper. " That's enough gunjan didi you are coming to the Roka and that's final! " . He regret yelling at her instantly. Gunjan was taken aback.  Her angry expression changed into sad one. 'Damn I shouldn't have shouted at her. ' he cursed himself "Listen " Mannu said  mellow down his voice a bit .  "Try to understand,  I can't to do anything at the moment.  If you don't't come to the Roka today it will bring big shame to our family. Just do the Roka ceremony for now, I --" 

"You too" 

"Huh?"

"You are also like mummy.  You also only care  about family name.  No one cares about me! No one cares about my feeling! " Gunjan sobbed. "No didi that's not true. I do care about you. " Mannu said  he placed his hands on her shoulder  trying to pacify his sister "Please try to understand didi. I do care about you, you are my sister. But I'm also a shah I can let my family name down. If you didn't go to the Roka then this might create a huge problem. " Mannu explained hoping his sister would try to understand the situation.  Sadly she didn't .  Gunjan angrily shrugged mannu hand off of her shoulders. "No. You are lying! You don't care about me.  No one does. For you shah duties are more important and for mummy her family name. No one cares about what I feel " with that Gunjan stormed out of his room. 

Mannu sighed in frustration and rubbed his temples. He didn't know why his sister not understanding the situation he is stuck in. He  didn't want his sister to get married to a person she doesn't want and to be unhappy for the rest of the life. But right now he can't do anything to stop the Roka. He is helpless. Amba had invited the whole Gaguwal -including the bajwas for this function.  Not only that even the pahujas had called the media and some celebrities for the function! If Gunjan- the soon to be bride didn't come for the Roka then it will be a disaster.  He thought after the roka  there will  still some time for the wedding and by the time  he can figure out someway to call off the wedding.  His train of thoughts ended when he heard an knock on the door.  "Mannu Shah ji " a familiar feminine voice called him. Mannu looked up and smiled when he saw the women/girl the voice belonged to "Areey preet. Come in. " Preet came inside looked really worried. She reculantly asked "Mannu shah ji what happened to gunjan didi,  did you two had a fight? " .

"No preet it's  just... you know today's is gunjan didi roka and you know how she is against of this marriage. " 

"Oh..so she doesn't want to do the roka? "

"Yup. And if she didn't come then it will be a big problem. " 

"Hmm... let me handle this "

"Huh?" Mannu lookedat her in confusion "I said let me handle this I'll try to talk to her. " "Are you sure? " Mannu asked a bit unsure of letting preet handle this situation.  He knows gunjan and preet were close friends but was worried as gunjan was really upset right now and when she upset she it's really difficult to calm her down.  He didn't wanted gunjan to lash out at preet or to take her anger or frustration out at preet. "Don't worry shah ji I'll handle it and you should get ready and go to the function as it's already stared. Amba aunty was  getting a bit worried and angry that's why she sent me here to check on you". Mannu was still a bit unsure but he trusted preet , so he knew she will do what she says and might manage this.  Beside he was also really late for the function and as the he is the shah he had to reach there on time , so he had no other choice.  "Ok. Thank you preet ". 

"Don't mention . Now hurry up shah ji you getting really late for the function. " with that Preet left. Mannu closed the looked at the time. Indeed he was really late . Today he was going to hear earful from amba. He started to change his clothes.  "After this holi function is over .I'm gonna teach a good lesson to that wedding planner.  Aysa sabak sikhunga ki kabhi dubar ise pind mei laut ke nahi ayega.  "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 ready for all the rotten eggs and tomatoes ๐Ÿค—

Edited by rani7131 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

farnazlove thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Commenting first.Preeti, Delia its really amazing...u guys have a good story sense.waiting for next update.loved it.
rani7131 thumbnail
Thank you pravi for your kind words. ๐Ÿ˜ณ. Really happy you liked my ff. Edited by rani7131 - 6 years ago
laney thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Preeti ๐Ÿค— I haven't read the FF yet just the introduction and OMG just the fact that Mannu looks like Iqbal Khan made my day... He was my first crush lol from kaisa yeh pyar hai days.. โ˜บ๏ธ  
I am too excited to read the chapter now, I will do it before going to bed... Baad me bataugi kaisa laga.. All the best 
.Suchi. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Congrats on your second story !๐Ÿ‘
And it's absolutely wonderful..that Mannu and Preet are two different characters๐Ÿ˜†...otherwise I have to say it like Jagan..Mannu kaho to ladka...aur Preet kaho to ladki๐Ÿ˜† 

So mannu shah ji is on mission  bhagoing wedding planner !๐Ÿ˜ฒ

waiting for next part !๐Ÿ˜›
HOOLAHOOP thumbnail
Your second story is amazing.Really liked it๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
rani7131 thumbnail
Originally posted by: HOOLAHOOP

Your second story is amazing.Really liked it๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you  dear๐Ÿ˜ณ
rani7131 thumbnail
I'm sorry I was really busy with my office work.  I'll try to update as soon as possible 
rani7131 thumbnail
                         Chapter 2

At the venue 

Mannu finally reached the venue of the function. The function was held on the open ground of one of Gaguwals famous hotels.  In ten years, there were quite a lot of changes in Gaguwal, especially in the Pawania clan. Mannu was the one to implement these changes. There was only one school before but now there were multiple schools and even colleges. These schools had a lot of facilities like a laboratory, computers,  libraries e.t.c.  He also opened hospitals not only for his clan but for the whole of Gaguwal, much to Amba's disappointment.  Amba didn't mind opening the hospital but the fact even Bajwas were offered treatment in their hospital made her angry. Mannu had indeed changed quite a lot of things in the village but the only two things he was unable to change were the Bajwas-Pawania enmity and the villagers' mindset on women. Some still didn't like the idea of sending their daughter to study or work.

Mannu parked his jeep (a bit away from the hotel) and spotted Amba at the entrance. Amba was pacing by the entrance impatiently. 'Oh shoot! Mummy Ji looks really angry, I'm in trouble, aren't I? And all thanks to that stupid wedding planner... but right now what should I do?' Before he could think any further, Amba saw him.  She angrily made her way towards him.

"What took you so long? The function has already started! " Amba seethed. 

"Mummy Ji, I'm sorry. I was caught up in some work. I promise this won't happen aga-"

Amba raised her hand, signalling him to stop. "We will talk about this later. Where is Gunjan?"

"She is with Preet and they are on the way!"

"Okay, go inside. The Pahujas and other guests are waiting.  Being the Shah and Gunjan's brother, you should have been here early to welcome them." 

Mannu went inside and sighed in relief. Amba didn't say anything or scold him much... but he knew that after this all ended and they got home, he was going get an earful from her. But for now, he was not worried about Amba but he was more worried for Gunjan and Preet.  He was anxious as to whether Preet would be able to convince Gunjan to do the Roka.  He came out of his thoughts when Sukhi called him.  They both went to greet the Pahujas.

With Preet:- 

Preet finally managed to convince Gunjan to do the Roka and had brought her to the venue.  She left Gunjan with Raavi Chachi and was now looking for Mannu.  He looked really stressed today and she was really worried about him. 'I hope Aunty Ji didn't scold him too much.'

Mannu had looked a lot stressed and worried for past few days because of Gunjan marriage. Gunjan was not happy with this rishta as she doesn't like Aman and was against arranged marriage.  But Amba was adamant that she wanted this alliance because it would increase the name and fame of the Pawania clan, and would ensure that the Pawanias would be stronger than the Bajwas. Mannu was stuck in between his family's reputation and his sister's happiness. He couldn't let ruin come to his family reputation but couldn't see his sister unhappy either. Preet saw this but sadly neither Amba or Gunjan saw this or tried to understand the young Shah's situation.  

'I may not be able to do much but I can at least talk to him or try to help him in some way. But how will I find him?' Preet thought.

Indeed, it was really difficult to find him in such a big place and crowd. The whole of Gaguwal was present for the Roka and the holi celebration. Everyone was enjoying the holi; the air was filled with holi colour and music. Preet kept looking around for Mannu when someone suddenly ran into her and almost knocked her down. Preet angrily looked at the person who was a male of around twenty years

"Dekh kar nahi chal sakte kya? Are you blind?" she shouted at him. The boy didn't reply or even apologise! Instead, he kept staring at her as if mesmerised, a smile on his face. 

"Planner."

The boy came back to his senses and turned around to see Jagan standing there with a few servants.  "Planner, what are you doing there, did you got the gifts for the Pahujas?"

'Oh so he is Rajveer, the wedding planner Mannu Shah Ji was talking about,' Preet thought 

"No, Sir. I was looking for them. Don't know where the servants kept it."

"Then hurry up! The Roka is about to start.  We still have to do other preparations.  Now go!" 

"Okay." With that, Rajveer left quickly with a couple of servants in tow. 

After Rajveer left, Jagan turned his attention to Preet. "Preet, tune mannu ko kahi dekha?"

Preet shook her head. "No, even I'm looking for him..." 

"Okay! If you find him. Then tell him to come straight to the mandap." With that Jagan left

Preet stood there for a minute before reluctantly setting off to search for Mannu.  The boy, the wedding planner, Rajveer Singh. During the whole conversation between the planner and Jagan Chacha, Preet noticed that something was off about that boy... Something was not right about that boy, but what,  she couldn't place a finger on it. She got a very bad feeling about this boy.

'I should find Mannu Shah Ji first. The Roka is going to start and I have to find him quickly,' Preet thought but she still couldn't shake off the feeling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All credit for this chapter goes to Delia(QueenKordeilia ). As this chapter had grammatical errors,  Delia took the efforts of correcting all the  mistakes and present this revised version of this chapter! ( she is such a sweetheart ) Delia thank you so much for helping me. ๐Ÿค—

Edited by rani7131 - 6 years ago
.Suchi. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Di, I will read and comment soon ๐Ÿ˜ณ