Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Too little too late

She sobbed  as her father's words replayed in her mind, as she walked along the shores the next morning at 11 AM. Aanu was at the restaurant...

It was raining moderately, the winds lashed and spiky jets stung her cheeks, as she tried to walk briskly

Prakash had after a lot of deliberation and thought, and staying up all night, told her in the morning when they chatted by the mandap
She had brought in the coral jasmine from outside, he was making his wick and rubbing the sandal log on the stone surface

Trisha would never forget this morning the rest of her life
Just like he always was, he displayed tremendous character and maturity and did not insult or blame Ashvin entirely though he could have
His words replayed in her mind

"Sanchet running away is not any of the boys' fault, if I was a good father, one slap could not have ended that relationship
If those 7 boys were bad, so was Sanchet
His greed has destoyed our family. Your mother passed away pining for her first born
This boy has not injured you... but... he may have hurt you.
No other boy in that group held their anger this way... if they had and had all plotted something like this I dont know what I could have done.
He has not physically harmed you (tears flowing freely) (swallowing with difficulty)
"I have not been a good parent in two cases, Sanchet and yours...
I will tell Paresh what all has happened in the last two months.

Trisha had broken down and cried at that point

"His grandfather said I did the right thing in calling the cops. But those are too little too late words, the damage has been done"

Placing a kind hand on her head

"I am stunned you went into this without asking questions. The restaurant is like a... umm... I dont know if there is any comparison with you even.
You are way more precious. How did this all happen to our family Trishu?"

She had been crushing a flower between her fingers through all this, it had turned into a pale orange pulp, mixing with her tears

"You asked me last night what I was saying to the old man. He is not my friend... I was saying, he should let go. I was telling him his grandson married with a purpose... a purpose other than love so he should not be paying any importance to
sewing this fabric back again" "I never want you to put your life in danger like this"

Trisha had never been threatened by Ashvin's presence or his actions. Her Aanu's words felt like a red hot spear twisting inside her gut

it was hurtful and blunt

Trisha spent the next hour walking in rain cursing herself asking why she didnt ask him why he married her or tried to dig more or ask any question
Why she assumed it was a harmless purpose

Why she believed he would not hurt her

Too many questions too late...

~~~~

"Its not your place to intervene. You have no business going there. What happened 10 years ago is my act of recklessness, please dont try to hijack it from me"

"I did not tell her anything" Sharanbir argued

"I dont trust you. You should mind your own business"

"I know her. I will meet her if I want"

"You will not meet her to blunt the effect of my wrong doing. You will not make excuses on my behalf. You will not try to defend me" Ashvin was cold and firm

Sharanbir lowered his gaze

"I havent given you the right to interfere. Its too little too late."

"Oh I am not intervening I am making it better for her because.."

"Because you can come out as a hero? You can have her following you like a puppy dog?" Ashvin's red hot anger singed Sharan's form

"I dont have to tell you anything"

"Well... then... walk away and let me handle it. I will ask for your help when I need it"

He turned and stomped away

Sharanbir stared at his handsome grandson's departing form

Ashvin got in his car and began to drive...

When he reached Ullal it was past 11 PM
She had just helped Aanu to bed, she bend down to pick up his horlicks tumbler

A car parked outside... and a tall man got down

She didnt have to see his face to know who it was

She dropped the tumbler whimpering audibly clamping her hand on her open mouth

She leaned on the shiny red painted concrete pillar with the green trim, her belly churning into a tight knot, as she heart the gate open

And sobbed "Ooo"

He had driven as fast as he could to tell her himself, hoping he would get there before his grandpa, without realizing someone else in Ullal had already revealed it all

"I am sorry" he said with his head bent

"Why did you do it?" she asked
He had no answer...

sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Don't know where it would end but this confrontation was needed
😊
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Now ashwin will think that dadu disclosed everything and that was his purpose during ullal visits...😭
He will feel more n more insecure about his reln with sharanbir...nothing does he know about how dadu was trying to hold trisha close to narangs...
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
This meeting was as if ashwin was waiting for everything to get clear for trisha...
modernfamily thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Finally! The Prince is here. It feels like it's been months
Neha07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yay! Our hero n heroine meet again but sadly in a hurtful situation. Pl Nisha don't retire for a day yet. Ek aur update de do na. It wld be torcherous to wait for 24 hrs b4 u gv us d update on the meeting.
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
And now i am sobbing with anticipation. How will he fix the broken heart. What a mess. 
VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Too little too late ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­
How apt these four words seem !!!
too late by ten years to redeem a situation...too late as the poison seeped into his system clouding his decision to avenge a slight...too late for an innocent girl who unwittingly is in the thick of things...too late for a father whose son ran away on being slapped...

But unless the abscess is lanced and the poison let out, how can the situation heal. Trisha has every right to rant and throw every possible accusation at Ashvin as he is guilty as charged. But I don't see her going off the deep end at all.

Both the protagonists are two gentle souls whom destiny has brought together in a tryst most unexpected and unanticipated . It is now in the author's hands to pen a conclusion to bring the story a full circle, as this is the moment we have been waiting for !!
Errantnomad thumbnail
"What happened 10 years ago is my act of recklessness, please dont try to hijack it from me"
"You will not meet her to blunt the effect of my wrong doing. You will not make excuses on my behalf. You will not try to defend me" Ashvin was cold and firm""

This owning up of his wrongdoing and His clean apology to his wife realizing his yet another act of recklessness in ten years after that... ooohhh!!
Perhaps Too little, Perhaps Too late , Perhaps a little wrong in his admonition of his grandfather but nevertheless A MOMENT OF REALITY, where this guy after a solitary passage has transformed from being a boy to a man by doing the next honorable thing.

He hasn't got his redemption yet and Perhaps he will follow it with more acts of recklessness in making it right to his wife but by driving to Ullal straight over after his tete a tete with his Dadu and apologizing to his wife, he is confronting his demons in the demons den.

For all his deceit, he's a little too Honest , a little too Honorable. Ashvin Narang is one heck of a guy.
Errantnomad thumbnail
Prakash shanbag is too hard on himself, the man who knows only one way to live is tormenting himself saying he hasn't done something right . He even let sharanbir Narang of His daughter's relationship with Jayadev straight. Sanchet did not run away because of one slap , he ran away because he was booked.

His apology to his daughter for the only way he knows to live was gutting.

Dadu Narang did not delay in letting his grandson know of his trips to Ullal. The old man knew that there was no more time to be lost.

Both these old men are waiting for Gods to be kind to them and let their children be happy.