See you on another wave -2 - Page 18

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 4 years ago
Just another perspective . If suppose the waiter praveen suddenly finds himself an opportunity to work for the Narangs in their office or at home now and inspite of this being 10 yr old fiasco , comes to realize that Ashvin as part of their Narang family is one of the boys who outraged the modesty of his wife 10 yrs back, wouldn't he want pay back in some form? Most would .

I mean praveen wouldn't hv gone to plot and revenge seeking this as his life mission but if an opportunity falls within his gambit to cause damage conceivable within his range to Ashvin , he would.

Ashvin, Trisha, prakash shanbag, Sanchet , Ashvin's friends , praveen and his wife are all Broken links in this unending chain of life.
Kalpana
Great question. If Praveen got a job today that pays him twice or thrice in Bangalore, he would jump up and take it is my opinion. When you are poor you are happy with restitution.

Only Hindi movie heroes in my opinion are self righteous enough to kick a great job offer. Praveen has probably moved on from that incident. If Ashvin had been let go with a rap in the knuckles everyone would have forgotten

Ashvin was punished unusually cruelly, that stung him enough to seek such a payback. His mother's egging was partly responsible for it too. She made "Dadu's acceptance and approval" a huge part of Ashvin's existence the last 10 years.

If she had said instead "You are great however you are. Just continue to live in Bangalore and work for Cuisine Craft, if the old man forgives  you, its fine, if he doesnt, thats fine also"

Originally posted by Nisha0604

Kalpana
Great question. If Praveen got a job today that pays him twice or thrice in Bangalore, he would jump up and take it is my opinion. When you are poor you are happy with restitution.

Only Hindi movie heroes in my opinion are self righteous enough to kick a great job offer. Praveen has probably moved on from that incident. If Ashvin had been let go with a rap in the knuckles everyone would have forgotten

Ashvin was punished unusually cruelly, that stung him enough to seek such a payback. His mother's egging was partly responsible for it too. She made "Dadu's acceptance and approval" a huge part of Ashvin's existence the last 10 years.

If she had said instead "You are great however you are. Just continue to live in Bangalore and work for Cuisine Craft, if the old man forgives you, its fine, if he doesnt, thats fine also"

I thought so too Nisha. He isn't going to say No to that offer . He would hv taken it and then probably created niggles here and there to spread negativity in his reach on and off I feel.

Mandira Narang wanting acceptance for her son has its fall out in her daughter's strained relationship with her because Mandira was helping the son to play his feelings out so much that she did not prioritized helping her daughter feel accepted.
I often wonder if it nature or nurture that helps shape our identities. What did Vijaya and Aanu do different that made Sachith make the choices he made and Trisha the choices she did. There are times despite our best efforts things pan out totally different from what we anticipate. The sudden turn of events has cast it's shadow on every character in varying measures. They have copied in different ways too. The decision to go with sparkling waters is visible there are several others which are internal and does not manifest itself externally. If punishment  or a rap on the knknuckles is to bring a transformation...I guess it has. The thought of revenge is indicative of the hurt within. Ashvin despite what he endures is unable to hurt Trisha in any way. He bears no I'll Will towards her. Is fiercely protective of her so is Mandira. You are known by the friends you keep. A date when one is drunk and an unforgiven stance of Aanu who included even his son in the list of offenders. .I guess things went awfully hay wire from there.
Bagiya Bagiya Balak Bhage
Phir Bhi Titili Haath na lage
Is pagale ko  kaun bataye...

Aisi Dagar koi agar jo apnaye
Har Raah ke woh Anth pe
Raasta Hi Paaye

Dhoop ka Raasta jo pair jalaye
Mod to aaye Chaau na aaye...
Raahi jo chalta hai chalta
Hi jaaye...

Originally posted by moonwearer

I often wonder if it nature or nurture that helps shape our identities. What did Vijaya and Aanu do different that made Sachith make the choices he made and Trisha the choices she did. There are times despite our best efforts things pan out totally different from what we anticipate. The sudden turn of events has cast it's shadow on every character in varying measures. They have copied in different ways too. The decision to go with sparkling waters is visible there are several others which are internal and does not manifest itself externally. If punishment  or a rap on the knknuckles is to bring a transformation...I guess it has. The thought of revenge is indicative of the hurt within. Ashvin despite what he endures is unable to hurt Trisha in any way. He bears no I'll Will towards her. Is fiercely protective of her so is Mandira. You are known by the friends you keep. A date when one is drunk and an unforgiven stance of Aanu who included even his son in the list of offenders. .I guess things went awfully hay wire from there.

probably the same discipline of dadu narang now that has forced Ashvin to rebel against his dadu made Sanchet rebel against his starlight as an arrow  father 10 yrs . The lure of the forbidden fruit got them to make the choices they made Sri. Side effects of parenting ... there's always something that falls short whatever be the intentions 
It is the lack of any big drama that has made this story so appealing and real.  A bunch of rich? Kids drunk or stoned out of their minds, and trying to act fresh with a young married woman.  Who would have guessed that such an incident provided the kernel of the plot ?I think that as Ashwin since has had a history with the police something that cannot be wiped clean was out for revenge.  The subtlety of the revenge itself is so heartbreaking.  He could have hired a bunch of thugs to ramshackle the restaurant and physically harm the old man.  Instead...and the daughter herself provided the best opportunity for reparation.  That I think is the apex of story letting.  
What will trish feel when all comes out into the open?  How will Ashwin convince her of the transition of revenge into love?  Though we anticipate that all will be well eventually, how will things unfold?  To sum there will be more episodes of this plot.   That is always good for us.

I somehow think that Dadu will really play Cupid here.  He really likes our trish.  And I hope that he will forgive Ashwin for his bad judgement of 10 years back as a transgression of young age and bring him into the fold.

Thank you.
Nisha, I've a doubt about Leela's age. I remember Mandira telling Trisha that Leela was not quite 21 and lives in Delhi. Now Ashvin says she's 28. Thoda enlightenment please. Helps me analyze her words better. :)