See you on another wave -2 - Page 15

Posted: 6 years ago
It is the lack of any big drama that has made this story so appealing and real.  A bunch of rich? Kids drunk or stoned out of their minds, and trying to act fresh with a young married woman.  Who would have guessed that such an incident provided the kernel of the plot ?I think that as Ashwin since has had a history with the police something that cannot be wiped clean was out for revenge.  The subtlety of the revenge itself is so heartbreaking.  He could have hired a bunch of thugs to ramshackle the restaurant and physically harm the old man.  Instead...and the daughter herself provided the best opportunity for reparation.  That I think is the apex of story letting.  
What will trish feel when all comes out into the open?  How will Ashwin convince her of the transition of revenge into love?  Though we anticipate that all will be well eventually, how will things unfold?  To sum there will be more episodes of this plot.   That is always good for us.

I somehow think that Dadu will really play Cupid here.  He really likes our trish.  And I hope that he will forgive Ashwin for his bad judgement of 10 years back as a transgression of young age and bring him into the fold.

Thank you.
Nisha, I've a doubt about Leela's age. I remember Mandira telling Trisha that Leela was not quite 21 and lives in Delhi. Now Ashvin says she's 28. Thoda enlightenment please. Helps me analyze her words better. :)
Originally posted by dristi64

Nisha, I've a doubt about Leela's age. I remember Mandira telling Trisha that Leela was not quite 21 and lives in Delhi. Now Ashvin says she's 28. Thoda enlightenment please. Helps me analyze her words better. :)

Hey. The 28 is in reference to the girls of his wife's age 

May be he didn't do anything wrong but he blames himself . May be he played a part in creating his current situation. May be it feels helpful when Mandira says 'you didn't do anything wrong and you don't deserve to be treated or hurt this way. May be he was one of the two to get slapped. May be he fell into an unfortunate set of circumstantial set of events and evidences . May be that night was an incomprehensible ill fate to a teen in a lock up being told horrible stuff seeming like it's the end of the world but the fact is what he did or did not do that day is not what or who he actually is . That story that day cannot and should not continue to remain his identity. The acceptance to make peace has to come from within .

It's tough self realization to go attain but how can one quantify emotional hurt.

Who knows may be Dadu Narang is himself seeking his own redemption for slotting his young teen grandson with questionable identity.
Dristi
I was thinking... in my mind 19 and 28?
Or somewhere around there.
Or 20 and 28?
Rehashing nights

"We need to drink to that" Oscar raised his glass "You did great... congrats... well done son!!" he winked, appreciatively at his best friend redeeming himself
Ashvin clinked glasses un enthusiastically.

"Just remember most of the guys from that night have moved on" "You SHOULD too"

"How do you know?" Ashvin snapped

"Umm.. well I dont know any of them, but based on what youve told me, it seems to have hurt you the most"

"Well we wont know what Navneet felt, because he is gone" Oscar patted his shoulder

"I am sorry dude... I know... I know"

Ashvin pushed his hand away

"Tu dekh tere plan mein kitne holes they. You married her, you thought your old man would be shocked and throw a 
fit did not happen, you thought the girl would be tortured, did not happen, you thought her Dad would beg for forgiveness"

"I actually did not think of her Dad"

"You wanted to punish your old man more?"

"Umm... yeah... I think so"

"Or are you saying that because you feel differently about this girl now"

"What I feel doesnt matter Oz, she doesnt care"

"So lets just move on... let your Mom set you up" he teased

Ashvin scoffed letting his eyes  rove the evening rush hour pub crawl. the same crowd came to the same haunts every night... 
the nights repeated itself and so did some folks

"Navneet didnt even grab that woman, he spoke about her in his stoned state. It was Nikunj and..."

Oz patted his shoulder

"Ive heard it many times..." he muttered

And does it change?" Ashvin asked

"No it doesnt... but it doesnt bring Navneet back either, boss... it doesnt"

"Hmmm" Ashvin sipped his mocktail quietly

"chal kahin chalte hain"

"Umm.. no... we are trying to add a couple more licenses, i totally sucked at the meeting yesterday"

"Why?"

"There was only 568 pages of market research reports to read"

"Shittt I hate those man. I get dizzy when I look at pie charts"

Oscar was a dentist
Ashvin laughed for the first time

"If I was gay, I would have dug that laugh"

"Well.. I am glad you are not" Ashvin's lips twitched

"You dont look bad dude when you laugh"

"Xcuse me"

"Matlab... keh raha hoon saale" Oz laughed

"You think she thinks about me?"

"Who?"

"Umm.. Trisha"

"WHY would she... you had nothing in common... you let her leave uneventfully... based on what you said about the town and the house, I bet she  is married now"

"If she was, my old man would have told me... gleefully"

"Itna khoon ka pyaasa hai kya?" Oz asked surprised

"Oh yes... he would twist the knife happily" Ashvin said sadly

"Good you did not give him any more pleasure of back and forth... you let her go... you told him he can take his billions and shove it, so he cant expect groveling anymore"

"I am assuming he would have told me if she was married" Ashvin repeated, tracing the rim of his glass

"Good luck to her then!!"

"I want to talk to her" Ashvin said before Oz could serve more of his cold prescription towards him

Oz sat down

"what happened man?"

"Umm.. nothing... nothing really"

"Leela ne kuch kaha kya?"

"Nope... she is her usual obnoxious insufferable self"

"then why do you want to call Trisha, do you want her to give you a piece of her mind?"

"I just want to hear her voice... maybe" Ashvin said inaudibly

Oz let out a audible long pained sigh...

"Abey yaar!!!" he punched Ashvin...

The two men said no further

A lot was said in that exasperated exclamation...

"

Edited by Nisha0604 - 6 years ago
If agony aunt were to be men, OZ would be one now. 😆 😆 . After a full dressing down and tale of Ramayana , it's exasperation at its best. But it evoked laughter and empathy . Laughter because oz is one tired man showing the way and empathy because another boy who was part of the fracas that evening is no more. It's all falling in deaf man's ears and looks like Ashvin has made up his mind.

I felt Prakash shanbag should tell his daughter now ...
he has given up on his restaurant, he can't give on his daughter's future ... not yet.

Why do I feel a little relieved on reading that the revenge plot was more to stuff old pop and not father shanbag... hmmm...

Edited by Errantnomad - 6 years ago
"then why do you want to call Trisha, do you want her to give you a piece of her mind?"

"I just want to hear her voice... maybe" Ashvin said inaudibly

He is falling and it's a free fall. 😳
Navneet didnt even grab that woman, he spoke about her in his stoned state. It was Nikunj and.  .
We have a saying in Tamizh paavam ORU idam pazhi ORU idam, meaning the wrong doer goes Scot free but the blame gets foisted on another.  
The happenings that night seem just that. For a young person it can be really horrid for it to be that way...especially if a friend died as a consequence, a friend who had no part to play.
I guess Ashvin has misjudged Dadu as well and thinks he would run it in that Trisha has moved on.
We get Aanu unburdening to Rao Anna, we see Ashvin opening up to Oscar... Trisha did not respond to Daadus question if she wants to speak to Ashvin.
The two are missing each other terribly.
The way she responds immediately to any question pertaining to him the way he defends her , are all indications they care for each other very deeply. 
They are reliving the past...
Aanu is willing to tell her the truth but is wary how it would hurt her..  
Ashvin didn't send her things hoping she'd call...she changed her phone thinking he'd try to call.  
Come on Ashvin 348 kms is not a long drive...
Especially when the purpose is so clear...go man go ..go for her