Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Errantnomad thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Prakash shanbag must be feeling the weight of the world on his shoulders now knowing that that night is not 8 to 10 hrs but a night of 10 odd years long having grow and arms and legs, it's branches thorny and creepy and rough enough to prick, wind and bind his daughter up tight enough to leave her bleeding.

Or you could hv it this way that the coral jasmine tree's branches had grown enough , so much that it could be bent and taken down by the cart vendor only because of the access it provided.

In all this entwining and binding, there's a yearning wife who is evasive about wearing contacts anymore because her husband likes to see her in her glasses   and we have a yearning husband who is super protective of the honor of his wife now , repenting hard and long after having failed and slipped to protect the honor of a unsuspecting random woman at the restaurant.

Edited by Errantnomad - 6 years ago
Errantnomad thumbnail
I like the open ended perspectives that you bring in to your stories Nisha. It makes for interesting reading and debates on view points.

My mind has neatly packaged Ashvin now 😊 as to where he was and his role that day in the whole fiasco.Edited by Errantnomad - 6 years ago
VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Errantnomad

I like the open ended perspectives that you bring in to your stories Nisha. It makes for interesting reading and debates on view points.

My mind has neatly packaged Ashvin now 😊 as to where he was and his role that day in the whole fiasco.

Ditto ditto ...but my lips are sealed ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
SAKIVIAM thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Dee.
Whether Ashvin is culprit or not does not matter now, It won't even affect even Ashvin is the one who pulled that lady's hand. 

Ashvin is culprit for marrying Trisha to extra revenge from shanbag to hurt him. 

He is culprit for it and only thing we have to worry about is this. 
Errantnomad thumbnail
Just another perspective . If suppose the waiter praveen suddenly finds himself an opportunity to work for the Narangs in their office or at home now and inspite of this being 10 yr old fiasco , comes to realize that Ashvin as part of their Narang family is one of the boys who outraged the modesty of his wife 10 yrs back, wouldn't he want pay back in some form? Most would .

I mean praveen wouldn't hv gone to plot and revenge seeking this as his life mission but if an opportunity falls within his gambit to cause damage conceivable within his range to Ashvin , he would.

Ashvin, Trisha, prakash shanbag, Sanchet , Ashvin's friends , praveen and his wife are all Broken links in this unending chain of life.
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Kalpana
Great question. If Praveen got a job today that pays him twice or thrice in Bangalore, he would jump up and take it is my opinion. When you are poor you are happy with restitution.

Only Hindi movie heroes in my opinion are self righteous enough to kick a great job offer. Praveen has probably moved on from that incident. If Ashvin had been let go with a rap in the knuckles everyone would have forgotten

Ashvin was punished unusually cruelly, that stung him enough to seek such a payback. His mother's egging was partly responsible for it too. She made "Dadu's acceptance and approval" a huge part of Ashvin's existence the last 10 years.

If she had said instead "You are great however you are. Just continue to live in Bangalore and work for Cuisine Craft, if the old man forgives  you, its fine, if he doesnt, thats fine also"

Errantnomad thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Kalpana

Great question. If Praveen got a job today that pays him twice or thrice in Bangalore, he would jump up and take it is my opinion. When you are poor you are happy with restitution.

Only Hindi movie heroes in my opinion are self righteous enough to kick a great job offer. Praveen has probably moved on from that incident. If Ashvin had been let go with a rap in the knuckles everyone would have forgotten

Ashvin was punished unusually cruelly, that stung him enough to seek such a payback. His mother's egging was partly responsible for it too. She made "Dadu's acceptance and approval" a huge part of Ashvin's existence the last 10 years.

If she had said instead "You are great however you are. Just continue to live in Bangalore and work for Cuisine Craft, if the old man forgives you, its fine, if he doesnt, thats fine also"

I thought so too Nisha. He isn't going to say No to that offer . He would hv taken it and then probably created niggles here and there to spread negativity in his reach on and off I feel.

Mandira Narang wanting acceptance for her son has its fall out in her daughter's strained relationship with her because Mandira was helping the son to play his feelings out so much that she did not prioritized helping her daughter feel accepted.
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
I often wonder if it nature or nurture that helps shape our identities. What did Vijaya and Aanu do different that made Sachith make the choices he made and Trisha the choices she did. There are times despite our best efforts things pan out totally different from what we anticipate. The sudden turn of events has cast it's shadow on every character in varying measures. They have copied in different ways too. The decision to go with sparkling waters is visible there are several others which are internal and does not manifest itself externally. If punishment  or a rap on the knknuckles is to bring a transformation...I guess it has. The thought of revenge is indicative of the hurt within. Ashvin despite what he endures is unable to hurt Trisha in any way. He bears no I'll Will towards her. Is fiercely protective of her so is Mandira. You are known by the friends you keep. A date when one is drunk and an unforgiven stance of Aanu who included even his son in the list of offenders. .I guess things went awfully hay wire from there.
Errantnomad thumbnail
Bagiya Bagiya Balak Bhage
Phir Bhi Titili Haath na lage
Is pagale ko  kaun bataye...

Aisi Dagar koi agar jo apnaye
Har Raah ke woh Anth pe
Raasta Hi Paaye

Dhoop ka Raasta jo pair jalaye
Mod to aaye Chaau na aaye...
Raahi jo chalta hai chalta
Hi jaaye...

Errantnomad thumbnail
Originally posted by: moonwearer

I often wonder if it nature or nurture that helps shape our identities. What did Vijaya and Aanu do different that made Sachith make the choices he made and Trisha the choices she did. There are times despite our best efforts things pan out totally different from what we anticipate. The sudden turn of events has cast it's shadow on every character in varying measures. They have copied in different ways too. The decision to go with sparkling waters is visible there are several others which are internal and does not manifest itself externally. If punishment  or a rap on the knknuckles is to bring a transformation...I guess it has. The thought of revenge is indicative of the hurt within. Ashvin despite what he endures is unable to hurt Trisha in any way. He bears no I'll Will towards her. Is fiercely protective of her so is Mandira. You are known by the friends you keep. A date when one is drunk and an unforgiven stance of Aanu who included even his son in the list of offenders. .I guess things went awfully hay wire from there.

probably the same discipline of dadu narang now that has forced Ashvin to rebel against his dadu made Sanchet rebel against his starlight as an arrow  father 10 yrs . The lure of the forbidden fruit got them to make the choices they made Sri. Side effects of parenting ... there's always something that falls short whatever be the intentions