Kundali Bhagya

I am ready for bold concepts like uncommon relationships: Shraddha

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
By IWM Editorial

Shraddha Arya who is playing the lead role in the new Zee TV show Kundali Bhagya (Balaji Telefilms) is very happy at the initial journey.

Says the actress, "Although I am very busy and not able to soak in the experience, the fact that we are doing well with 2.2 and 2.8 TVR respectively as per various ratings matrix is a vindication of our hard work.

Talking about her character, Shraddha avers, "Preeta is a very beautiful character. She is unlike what I play till date i.e. she is different from Pakhi (Tumhari Pakhi) who was very sure of herself. Rather she is like my real life sister; the character will stand up for herself, but that determination is not reflected on her face. There are many girls like them in real life, so it is a very relatable character.

Does it mean that you will also be seen at times on Kumkum Bhagya? "I don't think so; we will show Preeta meeting her elder sister Pragya which is how the two story lines fuse, but it will mostly happen in Kundali.

Shraddha who has been around for over a decade doing South films and then later moving to Mumbai for TV show has really grown as a person. "Although I am quite emotional, I can still be strong. You need to have your head on your shoulders, for you get lots of rejection in our insecure industry. Having said all that, I take life positively and am happy for the way my career has shaped up so far.

Here Shraddha gets candid admitting that in the absence of a proper guide, she did make wrong choices as far as her South films go. "But I am glad that I chose right projects on TV, for example, Main Lakshmi Tere Aangan Ki which has made me popular.

Shraddha is also open to offers on the big screen too. She has been part of two movies till now. Ask her whether she will be game for films like Nishabdh and she exclaims, "Why not, I am ready for bold concepts like uncommon relationships, which do happen. But the line at which I will put my foot down would be in the intimate bed scenes.

In closing Shraddha is game for web series as well. "This format is good for those who regard TV content as retrograde. They will get a chance to watch contemporary good shows that too on the go; web is a blessing for those who don't have time to watch TV.

Wish you all the best, Shraddha!!