Is Dheeraj Dhoopar's Role In Kundali Bhagya Inspired By Virat Kohli?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 6 years ago

It may be a dream for a few but it is a reality for model turned actor Dheeraj Dhoopar. He's playing a sports star in his new show. Naturally, he's quite kicked about his role as a cricketer. After all, we all know how great is the combination of cricket and entertainment.

After his short break, the very good looking Dheeraj is back with a bang with Balaji's Kundali Bhagya. The show is one of the biggest shows of the year. As mentioned already, the actor is donning the character of a popular cricketer and is going to be seen in a brand new avatar. According to our sources, the swag and the style that Dheeraj carries in the show is inspired by the super cool the persona of our Indian captain Virat Kohli.

Interestingly, there have been instances in the past where Dheeraj's looks have been said to be very similar to Virat Kohli's.

Another article

Dheeraj Dhoopar reveals that he was inspired by Virat Kohli for his role in Kundali Bhagya.

Kundali Bhagya, a spin off to Zee Tv's popular show Kumkum Bhagya, went on air just recently and it has already grabbed eyeballs.

Actor Dheeraj Dhoopar, who will essay the role of a cricketer in the show, seems to be inspired by none other than the Indian Cricket Team captain Virat Kohli. The actor, who admits being a cricket fan, in an interview, revealed that he started observing Virat Kohli all the more after he was offered this role. 

Speaking about it, Dheeraj told an entertainment portal, "The character that I play is flamboyant, stylish and has a huge fan following. He knows he is successful and has a star personality. Now when you hear that, only Virat Kohli comes to your mind. It is rare to get a chance to play a character like that on TV. I had gone to Maldives for my honeymoon and one of my fans came to me at the airport and told me that I resembled Virat. I think he said that because of my beard, and it is such a coincidence that I'm getting to play someone who is a lot like Virat." 

He further added, "I have always been a fan of Virat. I know that some people think he is too aggressive on the field. But I think, some amount of aggression is required on field in a game like cricket.  He knows his game and that's the only thing that matters."

Well, interesting, isn't it?
Edited by Saiflicious - 6 years ago
If that's the case and Shrishti does fulfil her dream of becoming a model then they might become like Virushka!😆
i don't know much abt cricket n cricketers...
dheeraj is doing a good job as karan luthra...that matters and he is good in his role...
Thank you @saiflicious for sharing this😛
Yes the only thing matters is dheeraj is doing perfect as karan❤️ 
And hope in future, he(karanluthra) shld not forget his profession in the essence of love... Want some shots 😉