TOI:Juhi Aslam:I have not been stereotyped because of my height

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 6 years ago

Juhi Aslam: I am glad that I have not been stereotyped because of my height

Neha Maheshwri| TNN | Jul 11, 2017, 01.00 AM IST
Juhi AslamJuhi Aslam
Juhi Aslam, who is four feet tall, broke the stereotype of the quintessential television heroine, when she debuted on television as the protagonist in 'Baba Aiso Varr Dhoondo'. Unfortunately, the promising debut was followed by a string of inconsequential characters in various shows. However, Juhi is back in action as Chhoto Buain Dipti Kalwani's 'Badho Bahu'. The makers say that they roped her in to spread the message that every woman, irrespective of her shape and size, is perfect. They wanted someone petite, who is very confident about her body for the show.

Ask Juhi about her journey in the industry and she replies, "I had never planned to be a part of showbiz. Acting happened by chance and after Baba..., I wanted to resume my studies, but a few offers prompted me to stay put. I am aware that it's difficult to get a role like the one I played in Baba... once again, so I take up whatever piques my interest. There may be people who say that my career has gone downhill, but I am glad that I have not been stereotyped because of my height. People approach me for my acting calibre; or else, anybody could have played the parts I have essayed so far."

Posted: 6 years ago
she is superb actor. her comic timing is a treat. She definitely has broken the stereotype of a romantic character.