Another show joins the "typical" bandwagon

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 6 years ago
These are the sad rants of a hopeful DKP viewer, whose hopes were brutally crushed by the track that recently started off on this show. Its a long answer with my frustrations poured in, so you may choose to read at your own risk!!

Inspite of all the pretexts of being a different show, DKP has ultimately resorted to join the league of those shows where the woman reduces her self-respect to trash and chooses to stay in a loveless marriage, whilst simultaneously trying to woo the ungrateful husband. All for the sake of family honor, parental health and blah blah blah...

I had really hoped for Deepika to walk out of the place, if not get divorced immediately and Piyush to get a taste of what he actually deserves, for considering himself a potential Casanova worthy of Deepika Padukone, and then return to Deepika.

But what we get to see is another couple stuck together, under family and parental pressure, in a loveless marriage, indulging in incessant egoistic banters, which the viewers would find super-cute. The next expected thing would probably be a forced consummation, because let's face it, its so difficult to control your hormones when you have a partner in bed next to you. So why not satisfy, yourself and regret it later while cursing the the other person as well.

Today's episode is the last one I would probably see on this show. This was the only mainstream show that I was following with dedication , after POW - Bandi Yuddh Ke, to the extent of watching it on Hotstar with premium membership, because I travel a lot.
But alas, Et tu Brute! 

To be honest, I would be ditching the feminist in me if I keep viewing this show now, which ultimately turned out to have a regressive portrayal of the lead, and women in general, whose ultimate life goal is to please and woo her husband.

So adieu folks! Will still be on IF and write on forums that I find appealing in future.